PDA

View Full Version : Need Alert CYLT Assit

CG_1976
December 11th, 2009, 22:05
Ok im having some serious alt issues with alert. Could a couple people please shoot a few shots of CYLT in your sim and please let me know if your using Fs Global or Genesis or default please. Any visuals will help me. Im trying to tiddy up this area in ADE9 and Instant Scenery.

Anyone getting the feeling with CYLT as you fly to/away from it, the entire airport physically slides across the ground into the water nearby.

Sidney Schwartz
December 11th, 2009, 23:20
Anyone getting the feeling with CYLT as you fly to/away from it, the entire airport physically slides across the ground into the water nearby.
I get the weird sliding scenery effect flying anywhere in the extreme northern latitudes. I was slewing around Alert to take this pic and the runway was sort of following me around. It's a known FS9 bug and I don't of any way to fix it. :icon34:

dogknot
December 11th, 2009, 23:22
Ok im having some serious alt issues with alert. Could a couple people please shoot a few shots of CYLT in your sim and please let me know if your using Fs Global or Genesis or default please. Any visuals will help me. Im trying to tiddy up this area in ADE9 and Instant Scenery.

Yep, the airstrip slides along. The ground textures sort of move around too. My water wasn't even water up there. It was flat snowy mountain textures. :isadizzy: Really weird stuff going on at Alert.

This must be the "too far north" area that FS has trouble with. (?)

Like Sidney alluded, that whole area is buggered. Try Eureka CYEU...same stuff.

Wild Bill Kelso
December 12th, 2009, 00:43
This must be the "too far north" area that FS has trouble with. (?)

Yep.
Even outside Canada:
It happened to me at Svalbard (74° - 81° N) and Thule AB (76° N) too.

The only workaround I know is to pay some little more attention on your final and prepare for a severely displaced threshold... :icon_lol:

Sidney Schwartz
December 12th, 2009, 10:56
Or you can consume a lot of beer enroute and then it will just appear normal. :ernae:

Dangerousdave26
December 12th, 2009, 11:32
That same issue happens in the extreme South Pole also.

:icon29:

PeteHam
December 12th, 2009, 19:27
I found when I was doing sceneries in the northern reaches of Canada, above about 65N, the airstrips moved across the ground.

The trees also moved independent of the ground as well.

Pete.

CG_1976
December 13th, 2009, 00:22
Ya its definate related Polar flat earth, unlike Spherical FSX. I only have this issue with 4 airports including alert and the three surroundings. I'll take Sid's advice, but its gonna take a 24 pack and 2 bottles of rum.