PDA

View Full Version : F4U-1A Corsair

krazycolin
October 30th, 2008, 05:44
Hi all,

Milviz is proud to present it's newest addition to FSX: The F4U-1A/C/D Corsair!

Though Panther has already posted about it, we're now doing it officially!

Our release date is, hopefully, December 15th (or so).

What we really could use right now, rather than after it's out, are some comments and critiques on the model. Specifically, the VC.

So, for all you Corsair connoisseurs, please head on over to: http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4 and take a look.

Feel free to make your comments here (or there) but please... if you are going to make comments, now is the time because we are about to start painting...

As well, any and all persons, both knowledgeable in FSX and in the Corsair are welcome to become beta testers! Please either PM myself or post your name in the appropriate section on the Milviz forums.

Thanks!

KC

jankees
October 30th, 2008, 06:16
Excellent news!
Things look real good, I for one cannot wait!

maguireted
October 30th, 2008, 09:17
It is really beautiful and impressive , Regards Anna

stiz
October 30th, 2008, 10:19
I've noticed one major error .. no wireframes!! :)

Also will you be doing a birdcage??

EgoR64
October 30th, 2008, 15:37
:wiggle:

Looks Very Exciting, A Favorite WWII Bird of mine. Excellent !!

The Pit looks fantastic !!

Many Cheers !!

MudMarine
October 30th, 2008, 15:59
:applause::jump:I just died from over excitement!!:costumes:

deimos256
October 30th, 2008, 16:04
even though i saw the previous threads that were mentioned i had to look again cant wait till it hits the web

heywooood
October 30th, 2008, 16:51
you've made me so happy :wavey:

crashaz
October 31st, 2008, 00:16
Just krazy details in that bird!!

A must have! :ernae:

stansdds
October 31st, 2008, 02:16
Looks nice. I don't know if I can critique or give advise as I am already a beta tester for a F4U-1 being built for FS9 and FSX. I just felt that I had to post in this thread because the Corsair has been a life-long love for me and I'm interested in all projects involving the Corsair.

crashaz
October 31st, 2008, 07:02
Amen Stan... I too buy up every version of it. :costumes:

JAMIE
October 31st, 2008, 08:12
Looking forward to this one

Antoninus
November 1st, 2008, 09:15
Your model looks great so far, can't wait to see textures on it. Especially the amount of detail in the cockpit is amazing. Great that we will have a Corsair in this year.

Since you asked for comments here are some things I've noticed:

Externals:
-The taller tailwheel in the F4U-1A/C/D doesn't contract completly, it's still clearly visible when the doors are closed.

-Corsairs do not have a trim tab on the right aileron.

-If you have a few polygons left you could add the small spoiler near the right wing gunports, that was introduced to have both wings stall at the same time.

-Same here, late F4U-1Ds did have a small stepp in the inner right wing flap to make it easier for the pilot to enter the cockpit.

VC

-The bomb switch box right of the gunsight looks a little too to large compared to the photo, also there is a windshield defroster controll on the cowl deck between both.

Your VC has a bomb switch box, so I guess that will be for your F4U-1D.
If noticed that compared to the manual a few elements are missing:

- flying suit receptacle
- rocket station distributer box
- iff remote controll switch

SkippyBing
November 1st, 2008, 10:33
Not being 100% up to speed on the various marks of Corsair I'm not sure if it'd be appropriate with this model, but any chance of lopping the wing tips off and splashing some blue and white roundels on it for the RN?