PDA

View Full Version : A Final Tribute To The Dambusters

Planes-11
December 10th, 2009, 13:04
For those interested, found this at Simviation and it uses the Lancaster from Plane Design, which I have fortunately.

It brings to mind, Richard Todd who died a few days ago, and who played Gibson in the original Dambusters movie and of course who was at Pegasus Bridge himself on D-Day. He visited the Dams in the summer and will be remembered.

Here is to all the good men who flew on this raid...

A FINAL TRIBUTE TO THE DAMBUSTERS Release 5
(http://www.simviation.com/simviation/download.php?ID=7236)11.39Mb (1728 downloads)
A FINAL TRIBUTE TO THE DAMBUSTERS Release 5: With the permission of the Chief Designer at Plane Design (http://www.plane-design.com/lancaster.html) (Ed Walters) I present my OPERATION READY Dambuster Lancaster based on the Model and Textures from Plane Design's original payware AJG released for FS9 in 2005. Navigation and sim icon support have been added by using overlays and you can fly the aircraft with the original 2D and virtual cockpit OR you can choose to make it a fully operational Dambuster Lancaster with an added 2D bombaimers view with bitmap supplied by Plane Design. Additional dash level altimeter and a single Dann Bombsight fitted. The Operation Ready version allows you to fly a full mission from the virtual cockpit (recommended) without returning to the main 2D panel to make adjustments. It uses Keith Clifford's FS98 airfile modified to suit the Plane Design model and as previously, reflects Merlin 28 engines. This release supercedes and replaces the Release 4 Dambuster 65th Anniversary 2008 package (7241 hits). Only the applicable Plane Design gauges are provided. Gauges by Chuck Dome, Scott Macmillan, Jerry Beckwith, David Maltby, Bernard Drefahl and Jean-Pierre Langer are as uploaded with Release 4. Flights from Scampton EGXP use John Young's Scampton FS2004 scenery and end at Paderborn EDLP just north of the Eder Dam. Additional flights near the Grand Canyon, in Australia & New Zealand are provided. This operation ready aircraft is not suitable for use in FSX and has not been tested in Vista or W7. I thank Ed Walters for the privilege of using his FS2004 AJG and I look forward to flying his payware FSX Lancaster's when available. Packaged by Ross McLennan. FILE NAME: DB_PD_OR_AJG.zip SIZE: 11.4 megs Name: Ross McLennan, Adelaide, South Australia

nigel allen
December 11th, 2009, 03:54
Just alittle note my dad was one of them he passed away 15yrs ago also chated to the rear gunner of "SCOURCE OF THE RUHR" 626 sqn 1944/45 so this lanc here i have downloaded just even changed the sounds to real lanc found file at flightsim.com under sound :salute: to all crew's missing and still here

Planes-11
December 11th, 2009, 08:32
Just alittle note my dad was one of them he passed away 15yrs ago also chated to the rear gunner of "SCOURCE OF THE RUHR" 626 sqn 1944/45 so this lanc here i have downloaded just even changed the sounds to real lanc found file at flightsim.com under sound :salute: to all crew's missing and still here

Thanks for that, interesting to confirm there are many relatives alive today who link back to those who flew the raid.

Cazzie
December 12th, 2009, 03:21
This is a beauty and it is not the same as the other edition, which looked more like a revamop of a CFS1 aircraft. The Alpha in this edition is a bit too much for the exterior surfaces matte paints, so I whited mine out save for the windows. The rear turret's glass was almost chrome.

I also took a static prop shot and made a new propblur. I have zipped and attached it below. Add the following line to the aircraft.cfg after the ui_variation=00 ED-932 AJG R50 1 : prop_anim_ratio=1.05 or the propblur will look static when at set rpms.

There is a sound file that is exquisite and exactly what this plane needs at FlightSim, look for lancsnds.zip.

Other than that, This fifth edition should be in your hanger, especially if you are British. If I were not just a lowly OFF copntributer, I'd make this a sticky.

I shall collect the six exterior textures, that I whited out the Alpha and zip them and send them to the standard upload at SOH.

Caz

Before Alpha change:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/cazmodel/lanc_2.jpg

After Alpha change:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/cazmodel/lanc_4.jpg

Fly-bys with new sound available at FlightSim.com:

2f5EyEwNQJg

Cazzie
December 12th, 2009, 04:35
This latest number 5 version is Cees, give it a try. Do add the Lanc Sounds from Flight Sim. I think you will like my propblur attached above better, but do amend the aircraft.cfg as I mentioned.

I have uploaded six exterior textures with new Alphas to SOH, should be up when Douglas gets his weekend :guinness: done. :icon_lol:

Other than the overly reflective exterior Alpha, this is a real winner and my white Alpha replacement textures will fix that.

Caz