http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/a4878.jpg

Cleartheprop
December 10th, 2009, 07:08
...and would like to fly her again...... :ernae:
She is gorgeous!
cheers from Paris !

PRB
December 10th, 2009, 07:12
Lysander? What Lysander? Is that a new FSX plane? Does it have a pretty VC?

Dain Arns
December 10th, 2009, 07:17
Lysander? What Lysander? Is that a new FSX plane? Does it have a pretty VC?

It's one amongst the many aircraft and scenery projects for FSX from different developers we seemed to be teased with on a daily basis, anymore.

As usual, no release dates are mentioned. :banghead:

jankees
December 10th, 2009, 07:24
It's one amongst the many aircraft and scenery projects for FSX from different developers we seemed to be teased with on a daily basis, anymore.

As usual, no release dates are mentioned. :banghead:

Sorry about that, but I'm only painting it.
Francois allowed me to post screenshots, and personally, I always like to be informed. At least now, you have some idea about what to expect from the FSAddon Lysander. Who knows, you may even be looking forward to it?

Dain Arns
December 10th, 2009, 07:27
Sorry about that, but I'm only painting it.
Francois allowed me to post screenshots, and personally, I always like to be informed. At least now, you have some idea about what to expect from the FSAddon Lysander. Who knows, you may even be looking forward to it?

Definitely looking forward to it. Have been for the past year now. :icon_lol:

Glad you have a hand in painting them as well! :applause:

Francois
December 10th, 2009, 11:22
Christmas.

Francois
December 10th, 2009, 11:30
As to cockpit......

bushpilot
December 10th, 2009, 11:35
This is one of those rare cases I'm interested in military aircraft.

Will there be Finnish Air Force paint, they also flew Lysander in WW2?

Cleartheprop
Bonjour François, Maybe I missed something. When is this Lysander supposed to be released ? Merci! :salute:

Dain Arns
Oh, when it's done, it's done. :icon_lol: Thanks, Francois! :salute:

bushpilot
December 10th, 2009, 11:36
Bonjour François, Maybe I missed something. When is this Lysander supposed to be released ? Merci! :salute:

Christmas.

:salute:

Francois
December 10th, 2009, 11:47
Noël !!!!

:wavey:

Cleartheprop
December 10th, 2009, 12:05
That's what I said : I missed something ! Thanks !
Vivement noël ! :ernae:

Snuffy
December 10th, 2009, 12:19
Pardon my ignorance ....

Do/Did the Brits really spell Control ... controle?

Francois
December 10th, 2009, 12:26
Yes, and center is spelled 'centre', program = programme, etc.
Oh, and don't look for something to open the cowl flaps... you'll need to open the 'gills' on the Lysander.

As you know the Brits and Americans are divided by a common language :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Paul K
December 10th, 2009, 12:37
Its spelled 'control' in Britain.

That needs to be corrected, Francois.

Francois
December 10th, 2009, 12:39
AH. Lets leave it in for our French customers then....... :monkies:

Paul K
December 10th, 2009, 12:49
Well, the Free French are flying an aircraft of British manufacture here, with everything else written in English. Seriously, its a lovely model, and I know it will sell well in the UK. So save yourself a lot of comments from across La Manche and airbrush out that 'e'.

;)

Francois
December 10th, 2009, 12:55
Will see if I can still find a designer before the release..... I'd hate to postpone it for yet another year. I also hate patches.

bushpilot
December 10th, 2009, 13:01
Just slip that panel texture to me and I will clone stamp it, will take about a minute.:icon_lol::173go1:

Snuffy
December 10th, 2009, 18:18
Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any crap ... :173go1:

Francois
December 11th, 2009, 00:57
Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any crap ... :173go1:

LOL, you didn't. But I'll need to have a word with my beta testers one of these days..... after Jan 1 when I've had some sleep ....

cheezyflier
December 11th, 2009, 07:20
the french...

invented some tasty fries too

http://cdtbk.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/what-are-french-fries-373x280.jpg

bushpilot
December 11th, 2009, 07:34

Legend tells they were invented by the Belgians. But they are tasty:icon29::kilroy:.

Francois
December 11th, 2009, 07:58
Uhoh, more of a culture shock! I think the Americans have dubbed them French Fries... obviously misled by smart French marketing guys - must have been the same that Bill Gates hired at the time ! In fact France was among the LAST countries to adopt the fried potatoes as shown there, which were in fact indeed invented in Belgium, or Holland as we would like to profess... but then again.. Belgium is more or less Dutch when that is favorable...... and French when they do stupid things. Right !? :-)) Now, back on topic: the FRENCH text on the Lizzie's instrument panel will be changed back to proper English. So there.

Paul K
December 19th, 2009, 10:35
I see from the website...

http://fsaddon.eu/wpfsaddon/

...that you are working on a Lockheed Hudson. I'm pretty certain I'll get the Lysander, but the Hudson is definite. A great choice of subject!

Dain Arns
December 19th, 2009, 10:41

http://cdtbk.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/what-are-french-fries-373x280.jpg

But Canada they use gravy with them. And while that was shocking as a kid growing up in Montana, cause we were used ketchup or catsup, I found that brown gravy on pomme frites is actually quite good...

Oh, thanks for working so diligently on the Lizzie folks. Might actually have an add-on for X-Mas, as it looks like all of the others have dropped out of the race! :icon_lol:

krazycolin
December 19th, 2009, 10:56
It's actually only in Quebec that they use gravy on fries... As well, they add cheese curds on top and the whole dish is called Poutine. And it's really YUMMY!!!!.. there's a resto near our place that actually has 19 different types of poutines... crazy...

heywooood
December 19th, 2009, 11:06
we used vinegar on our fries in Canada, eh

wantok
December 19th, 2009, 11:11
We use fish in our fries here in the boonies and it's called fish n chips.:isadizzy:

IanHenry
December 19th, 2009, 11:55
In Britain they are called Chips, as in Fish and Chips.

Ian.

Dain Arns
December 19th, 2009, 11:57
It's actually only in Quebec that they use gravy on fries... As well, they add cheese curds on top and the whole dish is called Poutine. And it's really YUMMY!!!!.. there's a resto near our place that actually has 19 different types of poutines... crazy...

Never say only! :icon_lol:

Alberta has a few spots that serve 'em up with gravy too. We were across the border in Waterton Lakes at that time. Of course it seems like a lot of stuff is served with gravy, on both sides of the border in that area.

we used vinegar on our fries in Canada, eh

Forgot about that. Had that too, not bad.

In Britain they are called Chips, as in Fish and Chips.

Ian.

Mmm. Chippies.

Now I'm hungry... :kilroy:

HighGround22
December 19th, 2009, 12:01
I remember in the Eighties after spending around three months at sea, flying helos from a multitude of ships, we slipped into a Danish port.

Upon arrival, word quickly spread that there was a MacDonald's downtown. Having been without any opportunity for such "haut cuisine" for so long, there was an almighty rush for the aircrews to get downtown and sample the goodies.

It was no surprise that there was no discernable difference between the Danish burgers, fries, etc, and those in Canada, but . . . there wasn't a drop of ketchup to be seen. Had to ask for it, and it took a minute for them to find it.

Turned-out the going condiment for fries in that part of the world is a white concoction closely resembling mayonaise. Wasn't bad, when we tried it -- but we all stuck with our tried-and-true, North-American ketchup, thankee very much.

HighGround22
December 19th, 2009, 12:16
In Britain they are called Chips, as in Fish and Chips. While I'm reminiscing, I vividly remember we called them "chips" in Canada, as well. Certainly all through my childhood and well into adulthood.

Somewhere around the mid-late Sixties, we flew down to (then) Kindley Field, Bermuda to do some warm-water work. After a late flight one day, I remember going into the MATS Terminal where a 24/7 cafeteria did a booming business.

I asked for a burger, and was asked whether I wanted "mayo" on it. I'd never heard of mayo on a burger (at that time), but I thought what the heck. I've been using it on burgers, ever since, of course.

But I was also asked whether I wanted "frahs". I'd never heard of "fries", let alone spoken with a Southern accent, however after an awkward exchange, I agreed that I did indeed want "frahs".

I remember after returning to our base in Halifax, I told all the guys about how these strange people "down there" referred to chips as "fries". Probably short for French Fries, we all agreed.

But then I predicted that within five years, we'd all be calling them fries. Turned-out I was off by about two years -- it only took three more years before "fries" was in, and "chips" was relegated to those flat things that the Brits call "crisps".

I wuz there; saw it all happen! :kilroy:

IanHenry
December 19th, 2009, 23:33
I can remember my first visit to the U.S, I ordered Hot dog and Chips only to be served what we in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Britain</st1:place></st1:country-region> call Crisps (Potato chips in the U.S). I was a little disappointed.
It is strange how the U.S version of English bears little resemblance to the British version on some occasions.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Ian.

MM
December 20th, 2009, 03:43
You have a distinctive bonnet gracing your avatar, Ian. ;) (Is that a Morgan?)

IanHenry
December 20th, 2009, 04:28
Yes MM, it's my weekend toy, a Morgan LeMans 62. Too much salt on the roads at this time of year for me to play out in it (the body's aluminum)

Ian

jankees
December 20th, 2009, 04:51
I can remember my first visit to the U.S, I ordered Hot dog and Chips only to be served what we in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Britain</st1:place></st1:country-region> call Crisps (Potato chips in the U.S). I was a little disappointed.
It is strange how the U.S version of English bears little resemblance to the British version on some occasions.
<o:p></o:p>
Ian.

I remember Americans using the subway in London and ending up on the other side of the road, much to their own surprise...

meanwhile, this one is still hopefully arriving soon

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/a5409.jpg

JorisVandenBerghe
December 20th, 2009, 05:34
You are correct, contrary to what most people think 'French fries' or chips (whatever you want to call it :icon_lol:) were invented in good old Belgium, somewhere in the 17th or 18th century I thought.

François, looking forward how the Lysander comes out :applause:, although I quit flying in FS since a couple of months.

Joris
- Born and raised in Belgium ;)