PDA

View Full Version : VRS Superbug X is now preordering!

Varmint
December 9th, 2009, 08:55
Hey all, just a heads-up that we've started taking Superbug preorders for FSX. If you preorder before release in March you get a 15% discount (new customers), on up to 25% for existing (FS9) customers.

New customers should use priority code XCITED at checkout to get their discount. Existing customers should follow the link and instructions from our homepage (http://www.vrsimulations.com) to get their 25% discount.

In addition we're put the Superbug for FS2004 on sale for 20% off until Christmas (use priority code SANTA at checkout).

Cheers everyone, and Happy Holidays!

Jon Blum
Vertical Reality Simulations (http://www.vrsimulations.com)

ryanbatc
December 9th, 2009, 09:04
Interesting. Where can we view more screenshots for the FSX version?

nevermind, it was labeled as FS2004 but most of the external ones are from FSX I noticed.

Kiwikat
December 9th, 2009, 09:20
Awesome. I'll be doing this in the next couple months. Probably after I get a lens for my camera. :ernae:

f-18hornet
December 9th, 2009, 09:34
Thank you for the information.:ernae::gameon:

Varmint
December 9th, 2009, 09:39
Interesting. Where can we view more screenshots for the FSX version?

nevermind, it was labeled as FS2004 but most of the external ones are from FSX I noticed.

Actually, from the homepage just click the products menu and it'll show you the links to the FSX page. You can also click on the LEARN MORE image for FSX near the center-bottom of the homepage page. It's all FSX-specific material.

Cheers,
--Jon

empeck
December 9th, 2009, 10:26
Can't wait to release. I'll preorder in January.

I wish I knew how you did those landing lights... I'd love to make similar for my Orlik :kilroy:

Shylock
December 9th, 2009, 10:29
giggity giggity giggity goo allllllllright!!!!!!!!!! :jump::applause:

JamesChams
December 9th, 2009, 10:45
Actually, from the homepage just click the products menu and it'll show you the links to the FSX page. You can also click on the LEARN MORE image for FSX near the center-bottom of the homepage page. It's all FSX-specific material.

Cheers,
--Jon
Mr. Jon "Varmint" Blum,

Thanks for the info. However, I wasn't able to see anything on that/those page(s) that indicated a difference between the first FSX Release and the FSX PRO version you intend to release later on. Could you briefly describe what those differences are and, perhaps, what the cost might be between this initial release and an upgrade to the PRO version.

Also, I saddened to see that it is delayed another month or so, but I'd rather you have the time to get it "right" on the initial release.

Looking forward to it... :salute:

Merry Christmas!

f-18hornet
December 9th, 2009, 12:38
Mr. Jon "Varmint" Blum,

Thanks for the info. However, I wasn't able to see anything on that/those page(s) that indicated a difference between the first FSX Release and the FSX PRO version you intend to release later on. Could you briefly describe what those differences are and, perhaps, what the cost might be between this initial release and an upgrade to the PRO version.

Also, I saddened to see that it is delayed another month or so, but I'd rather you have the time to get it "right" on the initial release.

Looking forward to it... :salute:

Merry Christmas!

There are two versions?:isadizzy: I just preordered it and I don't see if it's "normal or "Pro". I want Pro version.

JamesChams
December 9th, 2009, 12:54
There are two versions?:isadizzy: I just preordered it and I don't see if it's "normal or "Pro". I want Pro version.
He's talked about that on his forums...

http://www.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2071&start=15#p15442

I think the PRO version is meant to be an add-on to the FSX version; so if you pre-ordered now, you should be OK! They haven't released the PRO yet; it is planned something later in 2010; so no need to worry. :wavey:

Varmint
December 9th, 2009, 13:01

Woah, hang on guys, there's no Pro version and it hasn't even begun production yet. All I can say is that it will be an upgrade and add some advanced stuff like ACLS, INS, and a more complex set of control-laws for the FBW system. There will be upgrade pricing available, so not to worry.

Again, this is a product which hasn't even been officially announced, and we don't even have a full feature set yet. Pro is literally a year + away.

--Jon

Cag40Navy
December 9th, 2009, 14:17
well, im looking forward to it!

Kiwikat
December 9th, 2009, 15:20
Hey Jon do you have a FPS estimate for FSX? Could you please compare the FPS to another plane?

wilycoyote4
December 9th, 2009, 15:22
Quite impressive, take time to get it right, ACLS would be amazing. :running::medals:

Varmint
December 9th, 2009, 23:10
Hey Jon do you have a FPS estimate for FSX? Could you please compare the FPS to another plane?

Kiwi, there are FPS estimates in the system requirements section. As for another plane to compare it to, read my notes at the bottom of the requirements page. I could compare apples to oranges, but oranges don't have advanced avionics, weapons systems modeling, or fly-by-wire, so it wouldn't do much good. It's going to hit your frames about the same as the PMDG MD-11 or perhaps even a bit more by default. You can add or remove model geometry and or avionics complexity via the ACM to taste.

As soon as I figure out how to make these kinds of systems work for free, I'll get the patent:)

Kiwikat
December 9th, 2009, 23:26
Kiwi, there are FPS estimates in the system requirements section. As for another plane to compare it to, read my notes at the bottom of the requirements page. I could compare apples to oranges, but oranges don't have advanced avionics, weapons systems modeling, or fly-by-wire, so it wouldn't do much good. It's going to hit your frames about the same as the PMDG MD-11 or perhaps even a bit more by default.

Sounds good, thanks! I get around 40 FPS in the MD-11 VC. That means... :applause:

CodyValkyrie
December 10th, 2009, 23:11
Saaaawwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!