PDA

View Full Version : Re-animation of 1549 bird strike

wantok
December 7th, 2009, 04:50
Don't know if any of you seen this, but just got it in the mail today and thought I'd share it here. I know it'll be nearly a year since the incident, however as a pilot myself, I still cannot fathom Capt. Sully's insurmountable composure throughout the emergency phase of flight into the Hudson. The guy's got steel of nerves.

http://www.exosphere3d.com/pubwww/pages/project_gallery/cactus_1549_hudson_river.html

Ian Warren
December 7th, 2009, 11:58
Now thats impressive , the information , thanks
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

scottmm73
December 7th, 2009, 14:11
Amazing, the level of crew coordination going on in the cockpit. Both F/O Skiles and CPT Sullenburger, cool as cucumbers in a very desperate situation.

peter12213
December 7th, 2009, 15:17
That was amazing, he was a great pilot and its a testiment to the strength of the Airbus design as much as his flying!

Wombat_VC
December 7th, 2009, 17:50
I remember watching the FSX/simulator reconstruction of the accident (can't remember the link) with the cockpit-ATC conversation super-imposed. At no time did Capt. Sully showed any sign of nervousness and indecision in his voice. He came across as if he had done it on a daily basis!!! (Not that we want that to happen :kilroy:)

CBris
December 7th, 2009, 18:00
Thanks!