PDA

View Full Version : How's this for Stupid?

N2056
December 6th, 2009, 15:51
http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=268506

max_thehitman
December 6th, 2009, 15:58
LOL
In the old days a guy could get 50 wip-lashes for that sort of behaviour, or
worse, have his hands chopped off.

MCDesigns
December 6th, 2009, 16:23
Let's hope the mod sent him a PM explaining his poor moral choices and attitude since he wouldn't allow anyone else to do it in the thread. In my mind this is exactly the type of person that seeds pirate sites with files. Without any kind of effort in trying to make him see the error of his ways or rethink his moral code, it won't stop.

scottmm73
December 6th, 2009, 16:24
Loved his last comment.

"its not stealing as long as you're not caught!"

Consider yourself caught!!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3374/3595859247_25a29a30e9_o.jpg

Definetly, worth the time to put this up. <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1676837-->
<!-- THE POST -->

harleyman
December 6th, 2009, 16:31
LOL

What a moron......

falcon409
December 6th, 2009, 16:54
Loved his last comment.
"its not stealing as long as you're not caught!"
Consider yourself caught!! <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1676837-->
Apparently he assumed he was among friends, lol What a goof. Sad part is, he's probably the tip of the iceberg, operating with that mindset on a daily basis and sees nothing wrong with it. . .he just has to be wealy wealy carewful, lol, lol.:isadizzy:

N2056
December 6th, 2009, 17:00
I think you are right. Needless to say I am more than happy to publicize this sort of thing when I can.:173go1:
This one came on a silver platter! :d

peter12213
December 6th, 2009, 17:00
LOL serves him right I say!

NoNewMessages
December 6th, 2009, 17:16
The thread has long since disappeared into one of those secret places at Flightsim, but right after he joined there he posted about how he was looking for scenery (IIRC) and it didn't matter if it was a torrent file. I welcomed him and wished his short stay well, as I was sure he would be banned shortly.

Needless to say, he wasn't banned. Just as at Flightsim they know they have the biggest Flight Sim thief around posting in their forums and yet they just look the other way, rather than to make a statement. It saddened me to see some of the responses to Ryan78's posting and my response. A few bleeding hearts chastizing me for my cruel and non-understanding approach.

Such is the world nowadays. Being a thief is one thing. Being a stupid thief is another!

FelixFFDS
December 6th, 2009, 17:23
The AVSIM admins were too kind.

I would not mind seeking this fellow out at other flightsim forums and banning him outright.

N2056
December 6th, 2009, 17:23
I'm "working" him at FlightSim, and I also have left a PM with the moderator at Avsim that nailed him stating that he needs to be permanently banned if they wish to make a statement. I would encourage others here to do the same at both sites. ;)

FelixFFDS
December 6th, 2009, 17:24
IF he so much as pops his head into the design forum there ....

(or into Simviation.com forums.... )

Z-PurpleBubble
December 7th, 2009, 07:29
Fact is that there are thousands like him and that it is an unstoppable thing.

It's called the internet.

cheezyflier
December 7th, 2009, 11:00

so is suicide, but that doesn't make it right.

Snuffy
December 7th, 2009, 11:01
Yep. That's stupid. :173go1:

Lionheart
December 7th, 2009, 11:03
What a nooot, lol..

Dont these goof balls realise their IP's can be traced?

I agree that he should have been permanently let go. They were very lenient on him.

Bill

Navy Chief
December 7th, 2009, 11:37
LOL

What a moron......

I agree! Bugs would have called him a "maroon!"

NC

Bjoern
December 7th, 2009, 13:12
:Facepalm:

Yep.

MCDesigns
December 7th, 2009, 13:36

It's called poor parenting and lack of morals, probably with a little peer pressure thrown in.

CBris
December 7th, 2009, 16:43
Well, with a monicker such as his, he may be an adult - "Ryan78" may indicatate his birth year. It may even indicate his IQ. If he really is younger, then I might have forgiven his first Avsim post. The second one was just too much fun to ignore.

On the one hand I can even understand the flightsim forums leaving him "live". It's a bit like these modern TV Talent shows where the Jury deliberately don't buzzer a candidate because he is embarassing himself...

Maybe that will have some effect? Embarass the really stupid ones by letting them make their own fools of themselves and letting them know that the world knows of their folly...

N2056
December 7th, 2009, 16:53
Embarass the really stupid ones by letting them make their own fools of themselves and letting them know that the world knows of their folly...

That's the entire motive behind my starting this thread :d

thisizma
December 7th, 2009, 18:01
that's the entire motive behind my starting this thread :d

awesome .