PDA

View Full Version : FSDS problem 911

NCGent
October 29th, 2008, 17:10
Hey Folks

I have a little problem. I closed FSDS this afternoon after doing a little work on my Lockheed Air Express and now every time I attempt to open the Air Express file FSDS closes on me with no error message. There were no problems when I shut down and I have no backup file to fall back on. Any FSDS users out there that may have run into this and have any sugestions?:banghead::isadizzy:

P.S. Other files open just fine

Brian_Gladden
October 29th, 2008, 18:51
Might be the file got corrupted. What version of FSDS are you running? if you haven't done any animation yet, try opening it in V2 (if you have it) and re-save.

If that doesn't work, I have FSDS 1, 2 and 3. I could try opening the file if you sent it to me and see if it opened.

Brian

Wozza
October 29th, 2008, 19:33
Hi
Yep had this happen before :) Sometimes its a part that has no name or a material.If you have fsds2 you can sometimes load the file into that,do a merg list have a look at the list in notepad and find the naughty part,then remerg the project into fsds3.51
Also if you have this problem again have a look in the fsds root folder for a file called Autosave.dst its a backup file fsds creates as you work,rename it to Autosave.fsc ;)
Cheers
Wozza

NCGent
October 30th, 2008, 07:13
UPDATE:

I used the temp backup and managed to get most of the file back. Lost all of the cockpit parts but some of those parts were in a separate file so not all is lost but it will put me a few days behind.:jump:

srgalahad
October 30th, 2008, 09:07
UPDATE:

I used the temp backup and managed to get most of the file back. Lost all of the cockpit parts but some of those parts were in a separate file so not all is lost but it will put me a few days behind.:jump:

That's OK.. Boeing is a whole LOT (months) behind on the Dreamliner :costumes:

Lionheart
October 30th, 2008, 12:12
Chris,

Backups, backups, backups....

My Gmax crashes all the time. (Probably because I have a gazzillion parts and my textures are all 2048 sized huge PSD files).

But............ I know to click Control/S to save work every so many min's. I then click Control/S, and then save as the 'next' level up when completing a mapping or series of parts, etc. I might have 250 to 400 save levels on a plane, which I dont worry about. I have lost too many good parts and build levels to care about that.

Then.............................. I back everything up to CD / DVD / and flash drive, and the backup HD, every so many days, so that I have them on backup resources as well.

If you value your digital virtual work, that is what needs to be done.....

Bill

archisoft
October 30th, 2008, 21:34
UPDATE:

send me the FSDS-compiled mdl files, I can convert them to the FSC FSDS-sources.

archi.mail@msa.hinet.net