PDA

View Full Version : Flight Deck 6

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2009, 02:42
Has this just been released? I hadn't heard about it, and is it much different from FD5?

NC

http://www.flightsim.com/main/notams09/deck1205.htm

MCDesigns
December 6th, 2009, 03:24
Seeing as they are still catering to FS9 users with it, I doubt there is anything new and exciting since they aren't taking advantage of FSX only goodies.

jymp
December 6th, 2009, 04:02
Makes me wonder just how bad are these guys at Abacus, there have been now 6 versions of Flight Deck, and not one is half as good as what Javier & Dino offer us for free

MCDesigns
December 6th, 2009, 04:17
Makes me wonder just how bad are these guys at Abacus, there have been now 6 versions of Flight Deck, and not one is half as good as what Javier & Dino offer us for free

True, but in all fairness, they cater to a different market than us, the serious simmer. Their products are aimed more at the new/casual simmer that is just getting into addons and FS. Also, they probably rely heavily on their sales from boxed products since you always see Abacus products on the store shelves. It's my impression that even if the quality modelers that have decided to make more detailed models, they would probably have to sell them elsewhere. They are all about business and marketing whereas quality freeware guys are all about passion for FS, big difference.

modelr
December 6th, 2009, 06:04
I think it is upgraded to work with Windows7. I just checked my older unit last evening for upgrade compatibility, and it covered FD5 under software. Said Abacus was working on an update. This may be it. :kilroy:

noshadez
December 7th, 2009, 17:58
Thanks guys, I can give you some specs on it.. It works,, so.. Anyway It is for FS9 and FSX and Acceleration.. I do a lot of freeware too and I thank freeware people like Thrawn.. He helped me with the basic attach points to make an accel carrier work...at one point we were stuck with not getting all the cats to work..I was not hesitant at all to share my fix for that with everyone as I discovered the aces team had a typo on the upper/lower case in those attach points which it tok an hex editor to find it..thus leading to some fully working freeware accel carriers we enjoy.
The Abacus FD6 covers a wide range of stuff to have fun with from Blue angels flights (Air wing six) to flying t-34s and T-45s through those green hoop things to complete training loops/Inelmann and Chandelle maneuvers..3 bases are fully covered with hangers and static planes and other scenery --Pensacola/Corpus christi and Kingsville
Multiplayer (with weapons) against AI is included in FSX accel version..
Default FSX has weapons missions too.. FS9 even has LSO audio guidance.. Options of 3wireX or accel versions are included for the carrier.. There is even an FCLP training field with arrestor cables. Cool inst music and Helo ops,, and yes a (Nuke) that goes off:pop4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKVj4ufHjeA

BASys
December 8th, 2009, 00:50
Hi Folks

Ron -
Any/all assistance gratefully received. :icon_lol:

If you've got time, could you, or anyone,
please take a peek at FSDeveloper - Wiki - Catapult/Arrestor Operations (FSXA) (http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Catapult/Arrestor_Operations_%28FSXA%29)
as from another poster, I understand it contains some errors,
(though never received an explanation of what).

Any additional info, or tips, would also be appreciated.

Either edit directly there,
or post info in that discussion thread, (button above),
or even here,
and I'll ammend accordingly.

Many thanks
ATB
Paul