PDA

View Full Version : Winters Aire Park

falcon409
December 5th, 2009, 21:59
A new one "by request". I tried this earlier and had no luck with a decent image. I was asked about the progress and decided to try one more time. This isn't hi-res, but the color looked better and I can work with it at least.
The first shot shows the original image and the difference between the FSX location and the satellite location. The others are the current image and a night map in place.

Tylerb59
December 5th, 2009, 22:43
Cool, I'd adjust the levels a bit as it's very dark. :)

I find bringing a default terrain texture as a seperate layer above, moved over to the side aids in color correction/brightness.

MCDesigns
December 6th, 2009, 02:07
Cool, I'd adjust the levels a bit as it's very dark. :)

I find bringing a default terrain texture as a seperate layer above, moved over to the side aids in color correction/brightness.

True, but sometimes the low quality of the new texture makes it look worse when completely matched to the default, I agree though it is still a bit dark.

You definitely like a challenge Ed, best of luck with this one. I had a look in GE and to bad we don't do bigger airports, Calgary right next door has great sat data, LOL. You gonna try the seasonal textures on this one?

falcon409
December 7th, 2009, 17:47
I've done some more on this one to lighten the coloration some and make it settle into the landclass a bit better:

Tylerb59
December 7th, 2009, 17:54
Excellent. :)

Wingmate
December 7th, 2009, 17:57
Its looking great much more realistic than the default scenery

falcon409
December 8th, 2009, 18:15
Its looking great much more realistic than the default scenery
Complete. . .more or less. I have a few trees to move and final look see to be sure nothings missing then I'll probably post this one tomorrow sometime.