PDA

View Full Version : FSX XF5F-1 Skyrocket Uploaded

PutPut
December 5th, 2009, 18:41
I uploaded my FSX Acceleration version of the Grumman Skyrocket to flightsim and simviation earlier today. Should show tomorrow. I added the required data to the aircraft .cfg file so it can be catapulted from and do trap landings on an Acceleration style carrier. It catapults straight out and with some practice (slow!) can make an arrested landing without tipping over.
This plane was a real barn burner for it's day but the Navy was not interested in twin engine planes for carrier duty at that time.

Cheers, Paul

falcon409
December 5th, 2009, 19:33
Nicely done Paul. Not necessarily my type of aircraft, but you've done a really nice job of modeling. I appluad you for being able to do what you've done. . .I've tried many times to get the hang of GMax or FSDS and have given up in frustration on all occassions, lol.

I salute you for a "job well done":salute:

Helldiver
December 5th, 2009, 19:56
It wasn't that the U.S. Navy was against twin engined airplanes. It was a matter of fuel consumption. In their mind, at the time, was that two engines could be shared by two airplanes. An aircraft carrier has just a finite amount of fuel to go around. So they would get more bang for the buck with two airplanes instead of just one.

Roger
December 6th, 2009, 03:20
Great stuff! Thanks Paul:ernae:

Hurricane91
December 6th, 2009, 08:52
That's a very nice airplane Paul. Well done. Thank you.

olaf1924
December 6th, 2009, 09:13
Helldiver thanks for the info.:salute:

jdhaenens
December 6th, 2009, 10:43
Geez Helldiver, someone forgot to tell the B-25's that they were three over their quota:icon_lol:. Looks good Paul!

Jim

DennyA
December 6th, 2009, 11:57
Any comic fans planning a Blackhawks repaint? :)

Cazzie
December 6th, 2009, 14:34
Geez Helldiver, someone forgot to tell the B-25's that they were three over their quota:icon_lol:. Looks good Paul!

Jim

That was the USAAF Jim, the Navy never minded aiding the Army on a one way trip. :icon_lol: :salute:

HD, in all my years I never heard that theory and it makes dang good sense, thanks for sharing that.

Super work Paul, still looking for it here. :applause:

Caz

Cazzie
December 6th, 2009, 14:36
Any comic fans planning a Blackhawks repaint? :)

There's one in the old AH F5F-1 for FS2002 and FS2004. If Paul's textures are close and one is not included, count on it.

Caz

DennyA
December 6th, 2009, 20:12
Sweet, Caz. :) Thanks!

Roger
December 10th, 2009, 14:34
Thanks Paul,

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/skyrocket-1.jpg

DennyA
December 10th, 2009, 19:01
She's a beauty, Paul!