PDA

View Full Version : Egypt Coastlines

Jean Bomber
December 5th, 2009, 15:32
Hi all
The Egypt Coastlines are done I 've made it from a srtm geotiff A g2k project just little crazy by its size but I want test to see ...
I finnaly was be able to draw ,that i wanted , a long beach from Alexandria to the Lybia fronter draw the line have taken some hours but that stay easy and compile vtp1 bgl stay fast , the difficult was for the land mask bgl , I was afraid for my laptop :icon_lol: 20 to 30 mn to compile the bgl ...???? g2k bug ???? no, it's normal :mixedsmi:
the coastlines fit the mesh and ,to corrige the rhumba's watermask issues, the land mask bgls erase the lakes along the shores and the interior "Quattara" sea , but under it appears some blue squares a cfs2 bug that will be corrige with a new desert landclass set later ....
here attached a beta version of the scenery

JP

Jagdflieger
December 5th, 2009, 15:54
Wow! Thanks to you and your poor overworked computer.

It will be good to get rid of those rectangles and squares of water at the Quattara Depression.

Rami
December 5th, 2009, 16:00
I very much appreciate your work, even though I know you have your hands full with other projects. :salute:

egypt23spitfire
December 5th, 2009, 18:50
................:ernae:.great WORK:ernae:
.............:applause:.thanks heaps jean-pierre:applause:

................the MTO is lookin better n better

watchdog22
December 6th, 2009, 00:56
Thank you so much, I have been waiting for this since I started flying CFS2

Jean Bomber
December 6th, 2009, 12:18
" I know you have your hands full with other projects. :salute: "
Don't worry all these experiences are usefull and get infos for the future or current projects.
"It will be good to get rid of those rectangles and squares of water at the Quattara Depression."
the land water class rework is a subject I work also on the other projects and I began to use Ez landclass On a most larger scale and also g2k for the most precise place .

In the coastlines series for cfs2
Today looking in my folders I've find a Corsica scenery ,Island of my origins :male:.... I've started the project but paused from a while ...I will continue later ....:kilroy: ?....so
It's only the coastlines .
This scenery is sleeping taking dust since on my DD but even in the state it's suitable http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon10.gif.
I've no tried it with the SDC's road etc..,I've not the corresponding file ..?? so it's a beta version the feedbacks will be welcome http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon23.gif
The shorelines are accurate and fit with the mesh.
I 've attached it :santahat:

JP

CrisGer
December 6th, 2009, 12:53
Merci Beaucoup Jean, bit by bit you are completing our CFS2 World ....thank you so very much. :medals:

A chi stanta, ā chi scurnochja

You certanly work :)

Ravenna
December 7th, 2009, 15:22
Hi Jean,
This looks beautiful. I wonder whether you intend to remake the coastlines right around the Mediterranean. I am just loving the western Med! Thank you.
:ernae:

miamieagle
December 7th, 2009, 20:03
Thank you very much!

Jagdflieger
December 8th, 2009, 07:30
Thanks Jean!

PSULLYKEYS
December 9th, 2009, 12:22
Great! Thanks JB!:applause:

Possibly the Quatara Depression can be raised to "zero" with a flatten? I believe anything less than zero reverts to water?:isadizzy:

Rami
December 9th, 2009, 12:36
Fantastic work. :ernae:

Ravenna
December 9th, 2009, 13:22
Great! Thanks JB!:applause:

Possibly the Quatara Depression can be raised to "zero" with a flatten? I believe anything less than zero reverts to water?:isadizzy:
Thanks for pointing that out Sully. I thought I'd discovered a new inland sea! Brilliant work Jean.
:applause::applause::applause:

Jean Bomber
December 9th, 2009, 14:24
Thanks all :icon29:

. I thought I'd discovered a new inland sea
A new inland sea could be cool in the real life.....:pop4:

A landclass values rework will corrige the issues but sometimes the blue square are vtp1 polygones,.. ?? so some new vtp1 polys are needed to recover them.I 've had to use this way on the continuation of the scenery ,I will close the coast line in tunisia ....
Starting this kind of project I couldn't stop it and wait later,the challenge was : how to work on a largest area ,to see if it's an available process etc... ,it's....

In the coastlines series for cfs2 : the Cirenaica
I have called the scenery "Desert_scen" to keep the Afnor structure ,there will be later a "Desert_bases" scenery http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon23.gif .
the Desert_scen will have a specific landclass and texture folder with a desert set .
Here attached a beta of the scenery ,the Cirenaica ,Lybia 1 folder
put the EGYPT bgls from EGYPTcoastbeta.zip on the Desert_scen/scenery folder ,set Desert_scen on cfs2 scen library etc....
there are the coastlines ,this time I've cut the project on several sections , it's more digest for my computer ,and this allow to use various lines even if the lybia is mainly sand ...
I've began some landclass rework for corrige some blue square areas and draw some vtp1 on some shorelines border the result could sometimes be weird .it's just a beginning :salute:

JP

Rockster234
December 9th, 2009, 17:34
I am enjoying the scenery...................

I just took my Martin Mariner PBM 5A from Gibraltar to Ceuta

Looks real to me.......

The more topography or meshes and land textures........best flying yet

Jean Bomber
December 9th, 2009, 18:09
:gameon:

I am enjoying the scenery...................

I just took my Martin Mariner PBM 5A from Gibraltar to Ceuta

Looks real to me.......

That was the goal :salute:

JP

kdriver
December 10th, 2009, 04:38
Thanks once again Jean Pierre.

On the subject of coastlines, I am getting double coastlines for Majorca, Ibiza and Formentera. If I deactivate Sander de Cocq's EurW scenery, the problem is solved. Should this be the case or I am doing something wrong?

Kevin

Jean Bomber
December 10th, 2009, 06:14
.... I am getting double coastlines for Majorca, Ibiza and Formentera. If I deactivate Sander de Cocq's EurW scenery, the problem is solved. Should this be the case or I am doing something wrong?

Kevin

Don't worry Kevin with the Sander de Cocq's EurW scenery you will get double coastlines because I've no made exclude bgls for this scenery ,to desactivate it is the solution in waiting ,I could do them ,that will be a occasion to see how put a scenery in the SDC's EuroW or in the cfs2 default sceneries ,I need to try Defarea for that .
The Afnor_scen scenery have no exclude bgls because in these areas ,in cfs2 default, under there is nothing to exclude ,a desert .

JP

kdriver
December 10th, 2009, 06:40
Thanks JP, Corsica looks fabulous now.

Jean Bomber
December 10th, 2009, 14:43
Thanks JP, Corsica looks fabulous now.

Corsica is fabulous :icon_eek:

I've made the exclude bgls for the Baleares , Defarea tool works fine for it.
You will keep the SDC's scenery active
Place these bgls(!Ibiz and !Palma) in your baleares scenery folder .
I will add it to the SOH library the sooner I could,in waiting here attached :salute:.

JP

Ravenna
December 10th, 2009, 15:06
Hmmm...I'm getting some interesting waterways (around Al Aguila) and blue squares (Qatarra). Any thoughts on these Jean?

Jean Bomber
December 10th, 2009, 17:31
Hi Ravenna
This package will corrige the Al Aguila area and some square area the Quattara will be fixed later http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon23.gif
The Tripolitania ,Lybia_2 /Desert_scen

delete Lybia_41_06_LCV.bgl it will be replaced by 953200_Lybia.bgl and 953210_Lybia.bgl

JP

JapLance
December 11th, 2009, 03:25
Thanks for all this hard work on the Mediterranean, Jean. My home island has never looked so great from the virtual skies.

Rami
December 12th, 2009, 15:12
All your work thus far has proven to be amazing! :ernae:

Ravenna
December 12th, 2009, 15:51
Thanks Jean,
I am still getting some inland water around Abu Kir and Alexandria Main, but that is probably meant to be the Nile delta. Thank you for all your work on the ETO- always my favourite part of the world! Any chance that we could see the Suez canal in your work?
Bravo maestro!:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Jean Bomber
December 15th, 2009, 13:44
Hi All

Some new bgls for the Desert_scen ,the coastlines until Sfax Tunisia,there are some islands, the majors roads and railways,the rail and road lines could be recolored ...some blue square could stay also....

JP

Jagdflieger
December 15th, 2009, 14:10
Thanks Jean.

Ravenna
December 15th, 2009, 17:10
Many thanks Jean!:ernae:

PSULLYKEYS
December 16th, 2009, 16:32
Great Work! Thank You JB!:guinness:

egypt23spitfire
December 16th, 2009, 18:40
......................:ernae:.lookin good Jean Pierre:ernae:

..................................MERCI:salute:

wolfi
December 17th, 2009, 00:57
oh man, now we can go for a north african campaign.

wolfi

CrisGer
December 17th, 2009, 08:52
I better warn Erwin..... 2010 will not be so easy ..... for Afrika Korps Angriffe und Kämpfe

http://www.davidcross.us/classes/tao/rommel4.jpg

Jean Bomber
December 17th, 2009, 14:00
oh man, now we can go for a north african campaign.

wolfi
I think not only one , this part of MTO was ,from 1940 to 43 ,a very active place from different nationality sides, attack ,conter attack ,bombing ,sinking ,retrait etc... the rats against the Fox

Here there are two updates, one for Egypte,the first zip in the post,and one other for Lybia that contains some bgls that will overwrite the previous.
These will add some roads railways islands or lakes(salt) etc....

Egypt_Update
IMPORTANT
before to unzip and install Egypt_Update:
delete all the four previous bgls EGYPT_42_06_xxx
(I've redon them and cut the (too big)project in 6 subprojects ,that gives more bgls, but each is lightest and easiest to rework).yes for EGYPT_42_06_QT_3.bgl

Lybie_Update.zip
these bgls will overwrite the previous ,yes to all

that stay summary and few and need to be developped that will be later ....it's a start point and all the feedback are welcome :ernae:e

I need now to do a break for this place and go back to Morocco :salute:

JP

Ravenna
December 17th, 2009, 19:01
Thanks Jean,
All up to date and looking good, but a couple of questions.
1.Should I be seeing waves/ surf along the Egyptian coastline? I have it for Lybia but not for Egypt.
2.When I fly over Achim's Alexandria Main airfield there is a harbour-like area of water, but it is cut off from the sea by a strip of land. Should I be seeing an inlet? I keep looking for Alexandria harbour but so far no luck.
Flying over Tunisia is great. You have really given a sense of the battlefield. This is worth driving as well as flying over. Well done!:applause:

delta_lima
December 17th, 2009, 21:45
Magnificent!

Many thanks for your splendid work.

dl

Jean Bomber
December 18th, 2009, 03:42
1.Should I be seeing waves/ surf along the Egyptian coastline? I have it for Lybia but not for Egypt.
2.When I fly over Achim's Alexandria Main airfield there is a harbour-like area of water, but it is cut off from the sea by a strip of land. Should I be seeing an inlet? I keep looking for Alexandria harbour but so far no luck.

Hi Ravenna
I've used sand beach(vshoresu.bmp) and rock (JBvrocksu.bmp) as lines ,to make them various ,Egypt have mainly sand shoreline.

Here three pics :
the first as we see Alexandria in GGH
the second ,the map I've used as model to make the scenery ,there are some salt lake around and some roads cut the salt lake Maryut and there are some of these lakes also along the coasts at the west of Alexandria,to the East of the town the scenery stop for the moment ,it's the boundary of it .
the third ,as appears Alexandria in cfs2.I need to add some roads and make the system more dense .
I hope that this scenery could be used to corrige and move the existing airfields sometimes misplaced http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon12.gif

JP

Ravenna
December 18th, 2009, 17:07
Thanks Jean,
I have sand beaches all along the Egyptian coast until I get to near Abu Kir (about N31*N 16.08' E29* 59.93'). Then I have no beaches. BTW, I'm flying east, towards Alexandria. Any thoughts?

Jean Bomber
December 18th, 2009, 18:20
Hi Ravenna

Sorry E29* 59.93' Abu kir is on just the boundary of the "Desert" scenery E10* to E30* to the east there is nothing new:kilroy: that will be for a futur project ,later :mixedsmi:, a Nil Suez project.

JP

Ravenna
December 18th, 2009, 23:56
That's what I thought. Thanks Jean!:ernae:

Jean Bomber
December 28th, 2009, 06:31
Hi all

I hope that Christmas was nice for everybody .

Here the last update for Egypt ,the Alexandria area and the lakes around are more detailled ,the system of roads is more dense ,the blue squares on the coastlines have been patched and there is a beginning of a rework on the Land and water classe values .

IMPORTANT :
before or after the install of the update go to ....\Desert_scen\scenery folder and DELETE THESE BGLS :
EGYPT_42_06_CST_8.bg
EGYPT_42_06_LM1_8.bgl
EGYPT_42_06_LM1_8.bgl
they will be replaced and will not be overwrited by the new bgls,these are cleaned of the vtp1 artefacts and are named as
EGYPT_42_06_CST_8_Fixed.bgl
EGYPT_42_06_LM1_8_Fixed.bgl
EGYPT_42_06_LN_8_Fixed.bgl
EGYPT_42_06_LM4_8_Fixed.bgl

This part of the Egypt will not change except for the Alexandria area where I've planned to built a port the airport and the seaplane base on the Mariut lake these are so imbricated together that they will need a specific g2k project reducting the scale for a smaller area,I think also to redo some ports and harbor,but that will be do for the next year.....
I've not any plans about the airbases on the "El Alamein" and desert areas,the already built could now be corriged the coastlines will not move anymore.

JP

Ravenna
December 28th, 2009, 13:58
Thank you Jean,
The bgl files we should remove have the second and the third with the same name. Should the third be called something else? This is all wonderful work!

Ravenna
December 28th, 2009, 14:17
UGGH.....anyone else having trouble downloading Jean's zip file?

Jean Bomber
December 28th, 2009, 15:03
Thank you Jean,
The bgl files we should remove have the second and the third with the same name. Should the third be called something else? This is all wonderful work!

Yes Ravenna the third was EGYPT_42_06_LN_8.bgl ,the roads
these third bgls was not fixed the news are more developped and cleaned.

JP

Ravenna
December 28th, 2009, 15:32
How's that for service! Thanks Jean.:ernae:

skylane
December 29th, 2009, 13:52
Hello Jean!

First of all, thank you for this wonderful scenery!

I just ran into a problem when I installed the Egypt Update 2 - see the screenshot. This is near Alexandria, but I get those squares all over Egypt. They were not there with the previous updat e1. And, yes, I removed the old files as per your instructions in the earlier posts in this thread.
Maybe I messed something up (again..) - any ideas???

Jean Bomber
December 29th, 2009, 17:35
I think it's about a texture missing ,perhaps about the polys I 've made to cover the bugy cfs2's blue squares I've linked them to

.../cfs2/scenedb/world/texture folder

and some to

..../Desert_scen/texture folder where I've put a desert texture set

I've began also some changes on the land water classes testing diverse textures
here three zip with bmps taken from pactex2 and its desert set and one semi desert serie(050b2su.?) from SDC EurW ,I've renamed them as 003b2su. ,I find the desert's 003b2su set too hard,too rocky and in large area there is a wall paper effect...
these texture are for test ,any suggestoon is welcome and perhaps they will resolve your issue, I hope :kilroy:

JP

skylane
December 29th, 2009, 23:41
Problem solved! :jump:

The new textures did it, and now the desert looks much better than with the textures I used before!

Thanks a lot, Jean!