PDA

View Full Version : Bill Womack's 7S3 Stark's Twin Oaks video

koorby
December 5th, 2009, 13:42
A unique look at Orbx's upcoming 7S3 Stark's Twin Oaks airport, which will be released at the same time as FTX Pacific Northwest. This video uses four modes of transport - car, walking, helicopter and finally another test flight of the remarkable Sibwings Cessna Bird Dog.

John's Video Blog 007 - 7S3 Twin Oaks - Click this link to watch HD versions at YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSlmk-g6mLE#ws)

Enjoy!

Lionheart
December 5th, 2009, 14:56
Man, that is one brilliant film blog John! Loved it!

Very nice scenery that Bill has created. That is a huge amount of work. Your video really does show all its fine points and the charm of the countryside.

The part of driving up to the airport, and then being able to walk around the airfield was just awesome.. I was telling the guys at Aces about integrating that into FS and they laughed at it.. arrgh.. You can see how it really does push the 'reality' envelope with FS...

Awesome movie Sir.

Bill

Flyboy208
December 5th, 2009, 15:25
Definitely a cool little extra with the HAMA BMW there. I need to get a better video card to run setting like this. I think I have just been motivated to set some money aside for a new card and some of this great scenery. Great presentation here ...

Cheers! Mike :applause:

Marlin
December 5th, 2009, 20:06
Nice all the way around!!!

limjack
December 5th, 2009, 20:54
So cool to see the creativity that folks have and just making you feel like you are there! Nice Job Bill. Simply love it!!

Jim

falcon409
December 5th, 2009, 22:08
I know others have done this before. . .gotten a car or motorcycle and cruised around the roads outside their local airports. I do it a lot when the road system looks more or less drivable, I've even used some of Hama's boats to cruise around Glacier Bay in FS9, so the concept isn't new.
What is cool is the way they combined all the things we'd like to do to make the sim even more realistic, like driving up to our favorite airport, getting out and walking out to the airplane or heli, doing a walkaround and then climb in and do a nice short flight around the area to give someone a first time tour. Very nicely done and an excellent way to show off the whole scenery package.

Well done!!:ernae:

Tylerb59
December 5th, 2009, 22:35
Excellent work all around.

What camera tool is that so I can [geek out] and do the same? :)

harleyman
December 6th, 2009, 02:17
Very nicely done.....

Great looking airport too Bill.....:ernae:

MCDesigns
December 6th, 2009, 02:34
I'm really impressed with the mesh work around the airport, the different levels and the level the runway is on, nice work Bill!
John, so which of the 2 girls in the BMW is yours?

BTW, got any videos on a sunny day to see the countryside? It's always overcast in the videos, would like to see some sun every now and again, LOL.

Nick C
December 6th, 2009, 03:48
That's the problem with Australia Michael, always overcast! :d

Nice video John, really looking forward to the PNW and Twin oaks.

koorby
December 6th, 2009, 03:54
Excellent work all around.

What camera tool is that so I can [geek out] and do the same? :)

No camera tool. Just the default FSX ultralight in 2D cockpit view sans instruments, with engine sounds disabled, and using TrackIR for head movement. Sometimes the the most effective solutions are the simplest ones ;)

Cazzie
December 6th, 2009, 03:57
That's upping the ante Bill and John! :ernae::applause:

I see now that with Flight Sim heading in this direction, I need to start saving some capital for a new rig.

Caz

mike_cyul
December 6th, 2009, 04:35
I'll be in line for this one. :)

Mike

wantok
December 6th, 2009, 05:04
Great job with the elevated airport ground poly, Bill. Love the overall look and feel of the strip, at least from the video... Nice video excursion also, John.:salute::applause:

ryanbatc
December 6th, 2009, 05:54
Are you using the HDR plugin in that video?

foreigndevil
December 6th, 2009, 08:25
Some piece of work (both scenery and video)!:applause:

koorby
December 6th, 2009, 12:47

Indeed I am, I never fly without HDR now.

spotlope
December 6th, 2009, 17:42
Thanks for the kudos, guys. I'm more excited about this little airport than I have been about just about anything I've done up to this point. Maybe it's because I'm so familiar with the real thing, but it's just that much more fun to have it in the virtual world as well.

That's some fancy vid-making, John. One question, though: I've tried that HDR plugin in multiple instances of FSX on several rigs and with three or four video cards, and I can't seem to get it working worth a hoot. Clearly I'm missing something. I'll have to pick your brain about what I might be doing wrong.

Francois
December 6th, 2009, 23:51
Very nice indeed!!! I can see why Misty and Emma never get finished ..... :engel016:

Mobayrasta
December 7th, 2009, 06:42
Anyway to get this video on VIMEO, unfortunately the NAVY blocks YouTube so I can't watch this video........ I really really want to see it!

I can not wait to purchase this scenery! I have seen enough over the last couple of months to leave me drooling!!!!

falcon409
December 7th, 2009, 07:11
For the normal Simmer, can you explain what HDR is?

Cazzie
December 7th, 2009, 09:01
For the normal Simmer, can you explain what HDR is?

http://www.hdrsoft.com/

There is a trialware download, but it is $99.00 Yankee for the registration.

Caz

spotlope
December 7th, 2009, 09:16
Yep, that's one HDR. The one in question here is actually the freeware ENBSeries plugin for various Direct-X games, FSX included. Here's more info: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=14917

P-12C
December 7th, 2009, 09:46
That is brilliant scenery. I must say that as an Aces person, I didn't scoff at being able to drive vehicles or walk around... With scenery like that it just begs for it!

Man, that is one brilliant film blog John! Loved it!

Very nice scenery that Bill has created. That is a huge amount of work. Your video really does show all its fine points and the charm of the countryside.

The part of driving up to the airport, and then being able to walk around the airfield was just awesome.. I was telling the guys at Aces about integrating that into FS and they laughed at it.. arrgh.. You can see how it really does push the 'reality' envelope with FS...

Awesome movie Sir.

Bill

falcon409
December 7th, 2009, 09:50
Yep, that's one HDR. The one in question here is actually the freeware ENBSeries plugin for various Direct-X games, FSX included. Here's more info: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=14917
Ah yes,
I remember that thread now. . .thanks Bill.

koorby
December 7th, 2009, 13:03
That's some fancy vid-making, John. One question, though: I've tried that HDR plugin in multiple instances of FSX on several rigs and with three or four video cards, and I can't seem to get it working worth a hoot. Clearly I'm missing something. I'll have to pick your brain about what I might be doing wrong.

That's some fancy scenery making, Bill :icon_lol:

Yep - the HDR plugin does not work in fullscreen with two or more monitors. If you're running Windows 7, just use the [Windows Key] + P to disable external monitors and then the HDR works a treat.

Since I usually always run in Windowed-Maximized mode in FSX, the plugin always works for me.

BTW, here's my ENBSeries.ini file attach with my HDR settings.