PDA

View Full Version : 3 questions

JohnPheonix
December 4th, 2009, 10:46
I just got CFS3 but im having trouble with it. I have had MS flight sims for years from 5.1 up to 2004. This is my first combat sim. In FS 2004 and can fly very well even if I need to catch up to a plane. IN CFS3 I can't seem to get near the "specks" to get a good shot.

I have often said if I could shoot and dogfight in FS 2004 it would be a great combat sim.

Can someone help me out here?

I have a pentium 4 with 4 gigs of ram, a 512 MB graphics card and I use a logitech attack 3 joystick.

I am also looking for the Korean Skies add on. Does anyone have mirror site for this download?

Can anyone recommend other combat sims I can try where I can get close to planes? I am not looking for heavy simulator that's so realistic it's a chore.. I'm looking for a good balance between game play and sim technical features.. like I said.. if you know what I mean - FS 2004 with combat abilities. Modern Combat made in 2005 or above if possible please.. but hey.. gimme what you got and I'll check them out.

Thank You!

flyer01
December 4th, 2009, 11:26
I just got CFS3 but im having trouble with it. I have had MS flight sims for years from 5.1 up to 2004. This is my first combat sim. In FS 2004 and can fly very well even if I need to catch up to a plane. IN CFS3 I can't seem to get near the "specks" to get a good shot.

I have often said if I could shoot and dogfight in FS 2004 it would be a great combat sim.

Can someone help me out here?

I have a pentium 4 with 4 gigs of ram, a 512 MB graphics card and I use a logitech attack 3 joystick.

I am also looking for the Korean Skies add on. Does anyone have mirror site for this download?

Can anyone recommend other combat sims I can try where I can get close to planes? I am not looking for heavy simulator that's so realistic it's a chore.. I'm looking for a good balance between game play and sim technical features.. like I said.. if you know what I mean - FS 2004 with combat abilities. Modern Combat made in 2005 or above if possible please.. but hey.. gimme what you got and I'll check them out.

Thank You!

PM me your address and I can send you a copyif your in the USA.

Start you game and at the top of the page click OPTIONS then click CONTROL OPTIONS. configure your stick to zoom in and out. Take a look at the different thing you can do and try different things.

flyer01

hurricane3
December 4th, 2009, 11:49
I have had the same problem as John with all the MS combat sims and that is the enemy planes are almost always out of range and are meer specks. When the do finally get close ,they zoom by so fast you can't track them ,and first thing you know bam ,bam ,bam, your dead.Always thought it was just me.

hairyspin
December 4th, 2009, 12:56
One thing that might help you chaps is the throttle. If you're working with a throttle on the joystick - or a separate throttle - briefly throttle back to idle and then back up to full chat: CFS3 can drop you into a Quick Combat or mission without remembering how much throttle you had on last time and this is the equivalent of Oy! Full power, if you please! It also helps to calibrate your joystick before starting CFS3.

On the keyboard, the zoom keys are [ for zoom out and ] for zoom in: if you can still see all the cockpit area when targeting an enemy, you're not getting the benefit of the gunsight - unless you're within 100 feet of him!

Oh, and in CFS3 the enemy aircraft are actively avoiding your line of fire and trying to shoot you down - in FS2004 they are just stooging around.

Hope this helps!

Pat Pattle
December 4th, 2009, 22:50
Hi John, welcome aboard:wavey:

Interesting points you've raised, take a look at Pascals video to see how it's done.

http://http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=26408

the enemy planes are almost always out of range and are meer specks. When the do finally get close ,they zoom by so fast you can't track them ,and first thing you know bam ,bam ,bam, your dead

Sounds like the writings of so many books I've read of 1st hand experiences in air combat!

Pat :)