PDA

View Full Version : Fw190A late variants released!

Mathias
December 4th, 2009, 08:04
Ladies and Gentlemen, Classics Hangar's late variants Fw 190 A is ready for download.
We dropped the price of the early variants and adjusted the new package accordingly.
Customers who purchased the early variants will find a special offering once logged in to your shop account.
For more information please visit http://www.classics-hangar.de

Sixghost
December 4th, 2009, 08:13
Good luck with it Mat, you deserve it!:ernae:

big-mike
December 4th, 2009, 08:17
Wonderful!
But i cannot pay with CC.
When would this option be possible?
Michael

Mathias
December 4th, 2009, 08:18
Wonderful!
But i cannot pay with CC.
When would this option be possible?
Michael

I hope we have CC back up running sometime next week.
Really sorry for the incenvenience.

Henry
December 4th, 2009, 08:18
Thank you Sir:applause::applause:
a welcome addition
and im sure a great add on
H

deimos256
December 4th, 2009, 08:28
Ok I paid thru paypal and my order in the shop says pending, when shall i expect it to let me download? Thanks!

*EDIT* nevermind i'm downloading now, cant wait to test her out!

Mathias
December 4th, 2009, 08:30
deimos, your's is activated.
Login to the shop, go to "your account" and check the order status of your order.
The download should be visible at the bottom of that page

Mathias
December 4th, 2009, 08:34
...and , like last time around the textures without mipmaps are currently being prepared and should be ready in a bit from the "check for updates" link in the start menu.
Also heard some rumours about historically correct tail marking being uploaded somewhere.:kilroy:

alx
December 4th, 2009, 08:37
Correct tail markings will be available tomorrow morning, Central Europe Time.
Stay tuned...

:pop4:

big-mike
December 4th, 2009, 08:38
Hi Mathias,
next week?
I don`t want an PayPal account,is there another possibility for existing customers?
Thank you
Michael

Mathias
December 4th, 2009, 08:43
Hi Mathias,
next week?
I don`t want an PayPal account,is there another possibility for existing customers?
Thank you
Michael

I see you're a German landmate?
In the shop there's the option for offline payments if you are an EURO citizen
Please drop me a line to info at classics-hangar dot de, maybe we can speed things up a bit.

jankees
December 4th, 2009, 08:44
Ok downloading now....

Thank you for the discount Mathias!

Spilot69
December 4th, 2009, 08:53
Thank you for the discount as well! Love your work, and attention to detail. Off to try it and can't wait for the update for the early birds!

jankees
December 4th, 2009, 09:28
Getting ready for my first flight:
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/a4709.jpg

looks sooo good:
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/a4712.jpg

my bike has this logo too...
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/a4716.jpg

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/a4719.jpg

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/a4722.jpg

first landing went OK,
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/a4726.jpg
but going around, something broke.....
Ok, where's that manual?

Looks great, Mathias!

Kiwikat
December 4th, 2009, 09:40
Wow only 15 euro for returning customers!

Thanks a ton Mathias! I'll be picking her up early next week. :ernae: :medals:

Mathias
December 4th, 2009, 09:49
Cheers Jan, great shots!

Kiwikat, I just forward the drop in price on the bundle to my "old" customers.
I'm not a friend of timely limited massive discounts as it's an annoyance to those who pay the standard price.

Oh, the "No mip Map" textures are now available from the "check for updates" link.

gajit
December 4th, 2009, 09:49
Yes - i will get her as well once we can use cred cards. :ernae:

deimos256
December 4th, 2009, 09:54
Ok I have tried out a5 through a7, are the parking brakes supposed to automatically come on when speed = 0? When in external the brakes stay off but once i switch to VC the parking brakes come on until i start moving again. Also I noticed that the tailwheel stays locked until I use it in the vc, then it will work in external. I havent got a chance to fly yet, I noticed those points and wanted to post them, as far as visuals go this baby is top notch, blows anything I have flown to date out of the water. The level of love that is put into these planes is so apparent. The returning customer discount was a very nice and unexpected joy. Amazing work Mathias, I am truly a lifelong customer!

Mathias
December 4th, 2009, 09:59
Cheers deimos, you're most welcome!
The auto parking brake is a trick to come around certain limitations, so much on that for now.
It switches off as you apply throttle.

The tailwheel is unlocked as you move the stick forward.
EDIT, I see what you mean. Jepp, the tailwheel lock is controlled by a gauge.
It requires to switch to VC view once so that it's getting initialized.

deimos256
December 4th, 2009, 10:05
Ok excellent news, NOW I'm off to fly!!!

Roger
December 4th, 2009, 10:08
It's great that now it's available everyone can see what we beta testers have been enjoying for some time.:engel016:

vstudios
December 4th, 2009, 10:08
Hi Mathias, good luck with the new variants they're looking exceptional.

deimos256
December 4th, 2009, 10:57
Just got back from my first flight and shes a dream. When flying the a7 i managed to break the artificial horizon. I read that its electrically driven and it said to lock it during aerobatics, well i was flying fairly straight except for the occasional bump here n there, do they just fail from time to time??

Mathias
December 4th, 2009, 11:01
100° bank, 65° pitch, deimos.

alx
December 4th, 2009, 11:05
Tail markings already available. Check the home page of Italian Wings.

http://www.italianwings.it

Enjoy.

huub vink
December 4th, 2009, 11:05
Just got back from my first flight and shes a dream. When flying the a7 i managed to break the artificial horizon. I read that its electrically driven and it said to lock it during aerobatics, well i was flying fairly straight except for the occasional bump here n there, do they just fail from time to time??

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one :d . During beta testing a have broken several. It's limited to 100° bank and 65° pitch.

However don't worry, as soon as you have reloaded the aircraft the mechanics will have repaired it ;)

Huub

deimos256
December 4th, 2009, 11:21
hahaha im not worried, thats what i get for only reading the manual after the fact, on that note its awesome to see it being historically accurate!

Roger
December 4th, 2009, 12:07
So many wonderful paints too!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/190a8gold-4.jpg

deimos256
December 4th, 2009, 12:59
A small thing I have noticed, the a-8 and a-9 variants have the pitot tube moved to the tip of the wing however this is not reflected from the interior, the tube is still just outside of the outboard canon. Could this be because of the tail markings addon or is it something in the cfg?

Mathias
December 4th, 2009, 13:12
A small thing I have noticed, the a-8 and a-9 variants have the pitot tube moved to the tip of the wing however this is not reflected from the interior, the tube is still just outside of the outboard canon. Could this be because of the tail markings addon or is it something in the cfg?

Oh, will check that out.
If so it's a model glitch.
Thanks for the headsup.

doublecool
December 4th, 2009, 14:56
What a Wonderful addition to an already great product
If you don't have it, Get it....No really, go right now :ernae:
and if you have the early models its a deal too :jump:

Thank you Mathias
and Merry Christmas to you

UnknownGuest12
December 4th, 2009, 14:56
Just one word for the model:
OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another for sounds
OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.Bob
December 4th, 2009, 16:39
Have to add my congratulations on a fine product. Just as I was about to push up the power for take-off, we had a total power outage in the neighborhood... sigh. However, power is back on now and I learned a valuable lesson with this fine beast: watch what you touch! Accidentally hit the canopy open while mucking with the right forward circuit breakers doing about 300kph at 2km alt... Imagine my surprise when the whole canopy assembly went tumbling off somewhere over East Anglia. Diverted to Mildenhall (one of my former stations) and parked it until the mechanics can replace it!

Mr. Bob

peter12213
December 4th, 2009, 16:52
LOL Mr Bob! Its amazing, completely in love with her here!

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/1499/200912513637765.png

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5590/20091251374878.png

Worth every penny and more I say!

JIMJAM
December 4th, 2009, 18:58
English tooltips?
Any vids yet? Thanks, Jim

huub vink
December 5th, 2009, 02:59
English tooltips?
Any vids yet? Thanks, Jim

Yep, it comes with English tooltips and there is a English manual as well. All gauges are of course metric like in the real thing, but the tooltips are providing inches, feet and miles.

Huub

deimos256
December 5th, 2009, 04:44
I keep a little conversion chart on my monitor showing conversions for 100-700kph and 1-10 or so km. Made flying the early variants a piece of cake and at this point I don't really need it anymore. Now I recall someone did some excellent gun effects for the early models, I hope to see them here as well!

gajit
December 5th, 2009, 05:11
Fantastic product guys - well done everyone involved - great to see something has been tested thoroughly :applause::applause::applause:

dswo
December 5th, 2009, 05:30
I keep a little conversion chart on my monitor showing conversions for 100-700kph and 1-10 or so km. Made flying the early variants a piece of cake...

I made something similar: shows ft/km for altitude and knt/mph/kph for speed. It's attached here: use or modify as you wish.

JorisVandenBerghe
December 5th, 2009, 05:58
It looks great from every angle. The paints and cockpit look top-notch but I'm spending my money on photography gear these days, so I won't be picking this up, although seeing such an add-on makes it tough to buy a lens instead of a couple of great add-ons :applause:.

Mathias and everyone involved, congratulations. :ernae:
It looks even better than the early variants, something I considered impossible to achieve, actually:).

JIMJAM
December 5th, 2009, 06:32
Ive got a handle on the conversions its all those little switches,knobs and others that hate guessing. I fly at least 2 or 3 planes each time I run FSX so I admit I do not live in any one plane. This one looks like a real beast which is how I like my planes with guns.

Nick C
December 5th, 2009, 07:06
I've just uploaded several pictures to the following page:

http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/classicshangar_fw190A.html

Some are old, some new.

Great work Mathias and well done Huub and Roger for keeping him on the straight and narrow!

:applause::applause::applause:

Kiwikat
December 5th, 2009, 07:39
The paints and cockpit look top-notch but I'm spending my money on photography gear these days, so I won't be picking this up, although seeing such an add-on makes it tough to buy a lens instead of a couple of great add-ons :applause:..

LOL I'm having the same problem right now. I'm trying to save for a Tokina 11-16 or 12-24, but there are so many good addons that are out and/or coming very soon. Ugh. :mixedsmi:

JorisVandenBerghe
December 5th, 2009, 07:56
Yeah, I'm trying to save for a 28-75 f/2.8 or Carl Zeiss 24-70 f/2.8 which are two top-quality lenses...their price is 'top-quality' too, of course...:kilroy:

huub vink
December 5th, 2009, 08:06
Ive got a handle on the conversions its all those little switches,knobs and others that hate guessing. I fly at least 2 or 3 planes each time I run FSX so I admit I do not live in any one plane. This one looks like a real beast which is how I like my planes with guns.

Perhaps a few tips in advance, might be handy for you.......

The FW-190 is a sturdy and reasonably easy aircraft to fly. The Germans were great designers and the FW-190 had already advanced features like auto mixture and auto pitch, which are modelled in this model as well.

However the engine is somewhat vulnerable. Especialy in long climbs the engine can easily overheat. Also in level flight you should be careful with the trottle.

Enjoy,
Huub

JIMJAM
December 5th, 2009, 08:57
Ive learned from a early age to "fly the engine". The freight outfit I flew for had a couple Cessna 421s and I learned first hand what shock cooling was.
Ive amassed ALOT of WW2 birds but to be honest I really need something to fight with. Playing the rich guy flying his vintage warbird has gotten old. Still I will end up buying this today wait and see........ I need some of that Obama money Ive been hearing about.:mixedsmi:

papab
December 5th, 2009, 08:58
What a work of art!!

Now I got to build up some "Honey don't know money" to buy this aircraft!
Rick

JIMJAM
December 5th, 2009, 09:13
Just bought it using , uugggg Paypal.
I am just waiting for a email linking to a download link fior the plane???

Mathias
December 5th, 2009, 09:15
JIMJAM, login to the shop, go to "your account" and download from there.

pbearsailor
December 5th, 2009, 09:16
This is a work of art, Mathias! :ernae: :medals:

Thanks, also, for the detailed manual. It's great to be able to read the histories of the variants. :applause:

steve :wavey:

Mathias
December 5th, 2009, 09:25
This is a work of art, Mathias! :ernae: :medals:

Thanks, also, for the detailed manual. It's great to be able to read the histories of the variants. :applause:

Thanks much Steve, you're most welcome.
You know that you can get the early variants manual as well as a free download to complete the version history?
http://www.classics-hangar.de/downloads_en.htm

pbearsailor
December 5th, 2009, 10:31
Thanks much Steve, you're most welcome.
You know that you can get the early variants manual as well as a free download to complete the version history?
http://www.classics-hangar.de/downloads_en.htm

I do, Mathias. Have the early variants and their manual as well. Your hard work is really appreciated.

RCAF_Gunner
December 5th, 2009, 11:33
Wonderful job guys! Just stunning attention to detail.
:ernae:

Cheers,
Rick

JIMJAM
December 5th, 2009, 14:19
I am trying to figure out the fuel tranfer system as I can see no pics. Where is the illustrated fuel transfer for dummies at?
My first flight I loaded 50% across. Only 10 minutes into the flight and the engine stops. I didnt overheat it so I hit alt and looked at my fuel. The center was empty.
I do not believe in cheating your way out of a stupid mistake so I started pushing and pulling every and anything as the ground got closer. I stumbled across the red handle near your left knee but it appears to be a on/off. Guess its time to look over the very short pilots manual.
BTW I was able to do a dead stick landing. Great immersion factor with this plane.:applause:

Mathias
December 5th, 2009, 14:44
I am trying to figure out the fuel tranfer system as I can see no pics. Where is the illustrated fuel transfer for dummies at?
My first flight I loaded 50% across. Only 10 minutes into the flight and the engine stops. I didnt overheat it so I hit alt and looked at my fuel. The center was empty.
I do not believe in cheating your way out of a stupid mistake so I started pushing and pulling every and anything as the ground got closer. I stumbled across the red handle near your left knee but it appears to be a on/off. Guess its time to look over the very short pilots manual.
BTW I was able to do a dead stick landing. Great immersion factor with this plane.:applause:

Hello JIMJAM,

I suppose you located the fuel pump switches in the center right console, next to the starter handle?
The checklists tell you the transfer order, or better look up the handbook,
there's a section dealing with the fuel scheme in detail and how to burn the fuel.
Basically it's crutial to burn the fuel from the rear to the front, else the pumps won't be able to transfer the fuel if one tank in the pipeline is dry.
And of course it depends on wether you fly with or without external fuel.
With the A-8 and A-9 you also have this internal aux tank that should always be emptied first.
So at startup with three internal tanks switch on all three corresponding pumps and switch them off from rear to front as they get empty.
The red cock switches the main valve on and off which is located between the forward tank and the engine.
It should btw help immensly to look up the tooltips.
When you're in DX10 preview and fullscreen mode there's a known bug in FSX that tooltips don't show up.
Just ALT+Enter to windowed mode for a bit and look up the tooltips.

JIMJAM
December 5th, 2009, 15:14
Ok I am learning the ol fashion way....... I am not using dx10 but I am having trouble getting some tooltips to stay. Some just flash on/off before I can read them. Thats why the fuel lever by my left knee I was unable to read it. Its a fairly automated plane so I will be typed in it by later tonight.
How do you drop the center tank?
Also great job on the engine sounds. Ive got a Pyramat gaming chair, the executive verion not the floor job. With the subwoover cranking and the head mounted speakers screaming I think I lost a few fillings in my teeth.:icon_eek:

I got a short but sweet pilots manual. Is there a more in depth systems,procedures file hidden somewhere or available at your site?

Mathias
December 5th, 2009, 15:17
43 pages, accessible from the start menu\Classics Hangar folder, is that the one you mean?

There's a large red handle in the lower forward panel labeled "Außenlast" that drops the external tank.
It's not easily visible in the A-8 and A-9 so you may want to hit the "A" key on your keyboard to get a better view.

LOL, good on your sound system, just don't sue me for losing your inlets. :-)

JIMJAM
December 5th, 2009, 15:45
I started flying in real life when I was in my teens. My "inlets" have a permanent 20% and 17% each. I blame it on T-37s Tweets,KingAirs and flying helis for 10 years. Plus is that I can now selectively hear what I do and Dont want to.
Great job and I appreciate the help. Really a nice package you have here.

Ok flew a good flight. The indentations on the fuel cock threw me off. I was trying to set it and found out its a fuel shut off. I understand the transfer proccess and cg but I cannot get any fuel out of tank 3. So there is no selctable/tank switch but rather you just turn the pump on the tank you want to draw off of correct? Can the cowl flaps be damaged and what are the max speeds. Thats all I promise.

Mathias
December 6th, 2009, 04:48
There is now a small file available that updates the initial release to v1.1

Fixed issues in this version:

Pitot tube in the A-8 and A-9 interior models moved to the correct outboard location.

Gunsight reticule in A-9 virtual cockpit now displayes correctly.

Either get it from the "check for updates" link in your start menu or grab it right here:
http://www.classics-hangar.de/downloads/CH_Fw190a5_a9_update_v1.10.exe

CodyValkyrie
December 6th, 2009, 08:46
Mathias, I'm sure you are busy, but just giving you a heads up that I sent ya's an e-mail.

Cheers mate and congratulations on the release!

Mathias
December 6th, 2009, 09:14
Hiya Cody,
yes, I received you message, will reply to you ASAP.
Thanks!

deimos256
December 6th, 2009, 09:21
Great to see the patch out already. I would try it but my girlfriend has hijacked my computer chair to study.

CodyValkyrie
December 6th, 2009, 09:37
Take your time Mathias. Cheers!

Roger
December 6th, 2009, 14:22
Yep pitot's in the right place in the A8 now. (vc shot)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/190a8gold-5.jpg

Mathias
December 6th, 2009, 14:56
Ok flew a good flight. The indentations on the fuel cock threw me off. I was trying to set it and found out its a fuel shut off. I understand the transfer proccess and cg but I cannot get any fuel out of tank 3. So there is no selctable/tank switch but rather you just turn the pump on the tank you want to draw off of correct? Can the cowl flaps be damaged and what are the max speeds. Thats all I promise.

Sorry JIMJAM, missed this.
Correct on the fuel, sort of.
You use the fuel pumps to transfer the fuel from 3 to 2, from two to one and from one to the engine so all three pumps need to be on initially and switch them off as they get empty from rear to front.
So if you switch on 3 but forget 2 you really only draw fuel from 1.
When 1 is empty and the pump is dry you're stuck with a load of unusable fuel in 2 and 3.

No, the cowl flaps don't take damage, no mention of any speed limitations in the original wartime handbooks.

EDIT: Just to make sure that we don't have a bug in the code regarding tank 3, what plane exactly were you flying?

JIMJAM
December 6th, 2009, 15:18
I have only had time to make a dozen or so flights. I do have some strange things happening which may or may not be bugs. I made the mistake of releasing the drop tank on the ground. I get a repeating "hanging" sound thats sounds like a jack hammer that will not stop unless I reload the plane or exit. I also lost all controls in flight. I reset the control circuit breaker and I got control again.
I will fool around with the tanks but right now I just turn them all on.

Mathias
December 6th, 2009, 15:27
This is how the fuel pumps should be set when flying the A-8 or A-9 with all three internal tanks full:

http://www.classics-hangar.de/images/fw190A8_full_fuel_load.jpg

JIMJAM
December 6th, 2009, 15:34
Gotcha Thanks :salute:

Now I am trying to make that elusive "no bounce" landing.

Mathias
December 6th, 2009, 15:34
I have only had time to make a dozen or so flights. I do have some strange things happening which may or may not be bugs. I made the mistake of releasing the drop tank on the ground. I get a repeating "hanging" sound thats sounds like a jack hammer that will not stop unless I reload the plane or exit. I also lost all controls in flight. I reset the control circuit breaker and I got control again.
I will fool around with the tanks but right now I just turn them all on.

Hmm, has the droptank release handle returned to "default position or is it still hanging around in the pulled position, and can you replicate the issue?

I don't quite understand what you mean with "lost all controls", can you elaborate a bit further?
Thanks!

JIMJAM
December 6th, 2009, 16:12
The hanging sound has happened a few times. I will try to replicate it later but basically I hit A. click the handle and it starts. Its the only sound you can hear even externally. I have not looked to see if the handle is rapidly going bacl and forth. Once I did reclick it and the sound stopped so it must be in a loop.
Right after take off I had no roll or elevator just rudder. I cycled the control circuit breaker and the plane regained controls. Its just happened once but I post if it happens again. I had not been fooling around with any unknowns or blindly clciking switches so I am not sure what failed. Good practice though.

deimos256
December 6th, 2009, 16:24
Could the sound everyone is hearing be the dry fuel pump sound? At first i thought it sounded like a MG was going off until i realized my aux tank was empty and shut off the corresponding pump.

JIMJAM
December 6th, 2009, 16:41
I thought it was a mg also. It over powers all other sounds and continues in any view and even if paused. I checked the sounds,no matches but I think its locking up and looping.
Ive always been told I can break a anvil in a sand pit. Guess I shouldnt drop the tank on the ground anyways hahaha. Yeah I would make a great beta tester. Did it in the air also. I am getting ready to load it and see what other wierdness I can create.
Awesome plane....

deimos256
December 6th, 2009, 16:57
ive dropped on the ground and in the air and the sound always started after a minute max, as soon as i turned off the droptank fuel pump the sound goes away. Anyways I'm looking forward to the dirty desperation late war repaints!!!! The A-9 is just begging for them!

Gibbage
December 6th, 2009, 17:03
Amazing job on the FW! This sets a new bar for 3rd party add-on's! Detail that rivals even the Aerosoft PBY.

deimos256
December 6th, 2009, 17:22
detail that goes beyond faithful and hits a level of love

JIMJAM
December 6th, 2009, 17:37
Yeah she is sweet. Dam I want a dogfight :icon31:

Mathias
December 6th, 2009, 22:34
Could the sound everyone is hearing be the dry fuel pump sound? At first i thought it sounded like a MG was going off until i realized my aux tank was empty and shut off the corresponding pump.

Aha.
Yes, that's the fuel pump running dry.
You need to switch it off as the fuel tank is empty.
Takes a few minutes after a tank is empty before that happens.

Mathias
December 6th, 2009, 22:44
I thought it was a mg also. It over powers all other sounds and continues in any view and even if paused. I checked the sounds,no matches but I think its locking up and looping.
Ive always been told I can break a anvil in a sand pit. Guess I shouldnt drop the tank on the ground anyways hahaha. Yeah I would make a great beta tester. Did it in the air also. I am getting ready to load it and see what other wierdness I can create.
Awesome plane....

Ok, I think it's the droptank fuel pump running dry.
Let me check out why it continues when paused for you.
Thanks for the report!

peter12213
December 6th, 2009, 23:15
If anyone gets around to painting this aircraft would you please consider this one

http://www.jg54greenhearts.com/Lang_190A-5_5JG54_Siverskaja_Russia_May43.gif

Emil Lang's 190A-5, he's famous because he shot down 18 aircraft in 1 day!

Info here .. http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.jg54greenhearts.com/Lang_190A-5_5JG54_Siverskaja_Russia_May43.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.jg54greenhearts.com/Lang.htm&usg=__TGGtMouwdfJ2AqXoypDGmAOz8p8=&h=171&w=558&sz=33&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=m7XF8qd8vUVFfM:&tbnh=41&tbnw=133&prev=/images%3Fq%3Demil%2Bbully%2Blange%26hl%3Den%26rlz% 3D1W1ADFA_en%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

Nick C
December 7th, 2009, 03:28
Emil Lang. He's famous because he 'reportedly' shot down 18 aircraft in 1 day! :monkies:

peter12213
December 7th, 2009, 03:54
Well thats true mate we'll never know as he was killed, but looking here at his records you'll see he was no soft touch in the 190!

http://www.luftwaffe.cz/lang.html

And personally I think thats a pretty nice paint job too. lol

peter12213
December 7th, 2009, 04:00
Ok, I think it's the droptank fuel pump running dry.
Let me check out why it continues when paused for you.
Thanks for the report!

I've had this happen to me when I dropped my drop tank but didn't turn the pump off, if you turn off the pump for the empty tank your using then it should stop the noise! Hope this helps!

Mathias
December 7th, 2009, 04:20
It's now also up at Simmarket.
If you previously purchased the "early variants" at simmarket the same discount applies like for Classics Hangar Shop customers.

Mathias
December 7th, 2009, 04:35
I've had this happen to me when I dropped my drop tank but didn't turn the pump off, if you turn off the pump for the empty tank your using then it should stop the noise! Hope this helps!

Yes exactly, the noise is "expected behaviour", just it shouldn't be audible when you pause the game. Though so far I can't doublicate the issue.

n4gix
December 7th, 2009, 11:05
Yes exactly, the noise is "expected behaviour", just it shouldn't be audible when you pause the game. Though so far I can't doublicate the issue.

Remember that all sounds that are played via the GaugeSound.dll are completely independent of the sim's sound engine. They do not respond to the Q key, nor do they stop when the sim is in PAUSE mode.

ryanbatc
December 7th, 2009, 12:35
Remember that all sounds that are played via the GaugeSound.dll are completely independent of the sim's sound engine. They do not respond to the Q key, nor do they stop when the sim is in PAUSE mode.

Ahhhh, that explains a separate issue I have with the a2a Cub. Sounds still play while FSX is minimized to the taskbar and I'm browsing the internet. Very annoying.

Henry
December 7th, 2009, 12:53
Ahhhh, that explains a separate issue I have with the a2a Cub. Sounds still play while FSX is minimized to the taskbar and I'm browsing the internet. Very annoying.
you browse while playing:173go1:
i have had that issue a few times
just figured it was my system
Drop tank? i thought it was a bomb:isadizzy:
H

Mathias
December 7th, 2009, 13:18
you browse while playing:173go1:
i have had that issue a few times
just figured it was my system
Drop tank? i thought it was a bomb:isadizzy:
H

Gee, guess I make a big red popup "shuddown da frig'n fuel pump".:bump:
Just kiddin, Gentlemen.
I didn't catch that as an issue as I thought the dry fuel pump's noise would be alarming enough to make the pilot switch it off immediately.
I figure my handbook explanations might need some improvement. Hope I'm somewhat excused as I'm not a native English speaker.:blind:

JIMJAM
December 7th, 2009, 14:38
I am not getting your run of the mill annoying warning sound. I am gettting a very loud looping stuttering sound that over powers everthing else. Sounds more like a engine piston is about to fly out or a machine gun. Kinda like a dozen kids with hammers beating on a tin roof after drinking a case of Red Bulls. Kinda.... I had my speaker chair cranked when it first happened and my dog took off and hid under the bed.

I know not to do that so its no biggie.

Henry
December 7th, 2009, 14:51
Just kiddin, Gentlemen.
I didn't catch that as an issue as I thought the dry fuel pump's noise would be alarming enough to make the pilot switch it off immediately.
I figure my handbook explanations might need some improvement. Hope I'm somewhat excused as I'm not a native English speaker.:blind:
Mathias
i get that in lots of different aircraft
not just yours
but for me you need to have a big red pop up
LOL
a henry idiot alarm
its not the designer its the idiot behind the yolk:173go1:
H

gajit
December 7th, 2009, 14:55

LOL - a comedy tooltip version would be great :applause::applause:

peter12213
December 7th, 2009, 19:05
This Sturm Jager is just amazing, I love that armour plated canopy!
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/123/200912833757828.png

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4791/200912833839875.png

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/1489/200912833933609.png

I never thought the first series could be bettered but there were, I love how care must be taken to keep this thing working well, 10/10 amazing, simply awesome!

On this flight I took off with minimal fuel so I could throw her around a bit, but after aroud 2 minutes my engine stopped and I got that pump sound, I checked and figured I had the wrong fuel pump on, as soon as I turned the right one on she roared into life, it was amazing one of the best sounds I've heard from this sim ever!

gajit
December 7th, 2009, 22:13
i agree with you Peter - got to be one of the top 3 products i purchased this year.

jankees
December 7th, 2009, 22:20
i agree with you Peter - got to be one of the top 3 products i purchased this year.

which raises the question: what are the other two?

Mathias
December 8th, 2009, 02:18
I am not getting your run of the mill annoying warning sound. I am gettting a very loud looping stuttering sound that over powers everthing else. Sounds more like a engine piston is about to fly out or a machine gun. Kinda like a dozen kids with hammers beating on a tin roof after drinking a case of Red Bulls. Kinda.... I had my speaker chair cranked when it first happened and my dog took off and hid under the bed.

I know not to do that so its no biggie.

Thanks JIMJAM, it's noted.
I'll lower the volume with the next update.

deimos256
December 8th, 2009, 03:01
which raises the question: what are the other two?

For me it would be the fw190 early variants and the a2a jug.

peter12213
December 8th, 2009, 04:00
Yeah this, the L-39 and quite possibly the Jug for me too!

Kiwikat
December 8th, 2009, 10:44
Wow my download links were activated within a couple minutes of me ordering it. That's incredibly fast for manual activation. Excellent service! :ernae:

I wish I had the time to fly her today... stupid 8 page paper for my class. :monkies:

Mathias
December 8th, 2009, 10:51
Wow my download links were activated within a couple minutes of me ordering it. That's incredibly fast for manual activation. Excellent service! :ernae:

I wish I had the time to fly her today... stupid 8 page paper for my class. :monkies:

Cheers Kiwikat, my pleasure.
I'm in the bureau 16/7 so I usually catch a transfer as it happens.
If it takes longer you know that I'm around the corner for a mo :bump:

Scratch
December 8th, 2009, 14:05
Thanks for the help Mathias! I finally got to fly her late last night. What a piece of work! It's beautiful:applause::ernae:

Odie
December 8th, 2009, 16:59

Gotta echo Kiwikat on this item, GREAT service ! I had the same experience only with PayPal...Mathias was on it almost as soon as I had sent him the PM and within 4 minutes, I had the download going !

Loaded it out this evening and it's beautiful...congrats, Mathias, on a great addition to the hangar ! :applause:

jankees
December 10th, 2009, 00:30
could it be that some of the textures still have the mipmaps on?
When viewed up close, they become awfully blurry..

Mathias
December 10th, 2009, 01:34
Hi Jan,
I suppose you installed the no mipmap textures from the "check for updates" link"?
If so we will have to look into it if possbly one or two mipped textures slipped through. Thanks for the report.
Other than that having the texture filtering options in the video card's control panel set to at least "quality" should take care of any blurries with the standard textures since these settings control how mips are used, presumed the FSX.cfg is tweaked to make use of 2048 textures.

jankees
December 10th, 2009, 01:48
Hi Jan,
I suppose you installed the no mipmap textures from the "check for updates" link"?

ooops, no I did not (yet)...

deimos256
December 10th, 2009, 11:03
So Jan does this mean we are gonna get to see your handy work with the late models??

GBrutus
December 12th, 2009, 05:02
Stunning work, Mathias. One of my favourite schemes...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/Grisha7/Untitled-2-1.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/Grisha7/Untitled-1-2.jpg

deimos256
December 12th, 2009, 05:45
I have a couple of startup questions, i loaded up the 190 after another aircraft, which caused it to be shut off when it loaded, i followed the checklists but couldnt get it to turn over, im assuming the other a/c had soemthing to do with that, but i noticecd that the primer after a while sticks and wont move anymore yet the sound can still be heard. Also if you go thru all the steps to start and you crank the motor and it doesnt start, do you then need to hit the yellow lever right below the canopy and prime the motor again? Thank you.

*edit* also i noticed that if you run a pump dry, then refill that tank the pump continues to make that noise despite a full tank.

Oelwanne
December 12th, 2009, 09:46
I have that Problem sometimes too. But most of the Time it works like a charm.
I Prime the Engine 7 times and use the Start handle. Sometimes the Engine refuses to start. But after 2-3 more Primes she starts with her nice sound.
The yellow lever is for the Kommandogerät, i think you only have to use him once (before Engine start).
Anyway, that is realy a great Bird. Fantastic Work from CH. :applause:
A screenie:
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9045/fettervogel.jpg (http://img52.imageshack.us/i/fettervogel.jpg/) http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/fettervogel.jpg/1/w1280.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img52/fettervogel.jpg/1/)

Mathias
December 12th, 2009, 12:28
Just a quick one as I'm moving house this weekend.
Number of primer strokes depends on climate and temperature. If you over-primed the plane it's a job for the groundcrew guys (reload aircraft).
10 strokes should be fine in most cases.

Akatsuki
December 14th, 2009, 13:41
I bought it early last week, sadly i did not had much time flying her but the few minutes spent with her were a blast.
Cheers Mathias, have one on me...:ernae:
Next one will be the bf110? Which variants are you going to model?
Anyway, can't wait for it too!

Mathias
December 15th, 2009, 02:08
Thought ya'll might be interested in this

http://lerevevirtuel.fr/galeries/FSX%20FW-190%20Late%20Variant/album/index.html

http://belforum.net/img/depot17/f529367f087359051c48b7c1255c9320.jpg

http://lerevevirtuel.fr/

:salute:

peter12213
December 15th, 2009, 03:05
class shots!

Woja
December 15th, 2009, 11:15
I am having some problems with the fuel system. The fsx-flying-tips tell me that I am low on fuel on the selected tank. But I cannot select any different tank. And after some minutes the eingine stops because of low fuel. The tank meter shows that all tanks are filled, and all pumps are running. This happens with automatic engine start and manual engine start. And it doesn't matter whether I start with aux tank and/or droptank. I get a flying tip message that I am low on fuel despite all meter readings. I think I followed the checklists in every detail.

And on some types I am getting those weird noises that sound like a machine gun although I kept the necessary pumps running resp. turning them off after emptying the tank. Maybe there is somme conflict with the installation of some other third party aircraft. But it is absolutely impossible for me to fly any of the late variants for more than five minutes. Maybe somebodey can help me.

Thanks in advance...

Woja

Mathias
December 15th, 2009, 14:16
And after some minutes the eingine stops because of low fuel. The tank meter shows that all tanks are filled, and all pumps are running.

Woja

Hiya Woja, the fuel meter only shows either the front tank content or rear tank content depending on which one you have slected with the fuel content selector, but never total fuel. Also keep in mind, the display selector does in no way indicate which fuel tank is selected.
Also check how much fuel is actually loaded to your aircraft by looking up the fuel and payloads screen, sounds as if your default flight uses less the 100% in at least some of the tanks.

And on some types I am getting those weird noises that sound like a machine gun although I kept the necessary pumps running resp. turning them off after emptying the tank.

Thanks in advance...

Woja

That's the culprit, you need to turn the fuel pump off as the corresponding tank is empty.
If you keep an empty tank's fuel pump running it'll run dry and begins to complain with some nasty noise after a few minutes.

Woja
December 15th, 2009, 23:58
Hi Mathias,

Thanks for your answer, I am totally aware of the function of the gauges and systems in the 190 series. So I know about the content reading of the fuel meter. In my case the low fuel messages appear even when front and rear tank are filled at 100%. The fuel meter shows the full amount at both selections. But after starting the sim I get a warning that I am low on fuel and I am asked to press ctrl-X to fill up the tank. Thenafter 10 Minutes the engine stops - it doesn't matter whether I have pressed ctrl-x or not.

I have tried any possible setting of fuel amout via payload screen: all tanks 100% to only front tank 100% resp. 50% or even 10%. An in every flight I get the flying tip thet I am very low on fuel - even with all tanks at 100% via payload screen.

I understand the thing with the nasty sound. But in my case these sounds start with a full tank.

There are some control settings within FS to setup the keyboard for fuel-tank selections. By activating these you can select only the forward tank or the rear tank. These functions are active in my system because some other aircraft uses them, but I don't know whether there is any coincidence.

Thank you
Woja

Mathias
December 16th, 2009, 00:48
Aha ok, there is no way to accurately manage the Fw190's fuel with anything other than the fuel pump switches in the right console as we are using custom code that will reset tank selection to whatever these are configured to.
Chance is indeed that your profile sends the fuel selection into a loop.
I hope that I have my office back up and running tomorrow (after moving house) so that I can look into it in more detail.
On the noise, is it possible that you are flying without droptank but the droptank fuel pump is running?

Woja
December 16th, 2009, 00:54
That might be possibe that some configuration sends the fuel selection into a loop. I'll try the 190 on a different "clean FSX installation" this afternoon. And there is no other punp running than necessary...

I get the noise on the A-5, A-6 and A-7, I get the low fuel message on the A-8.

Thanks for your help.
woja

dswo
December 17th, 2009, 06:57
I've been making gauge screenshots for the AVSIM review. It's fun spinning in slew mode (use the 1 key on the number pad) and watching the light play across the 3D surfaces. Here's the altimeter. Does anyone know what these are?

The two red triangles
The "F" tab at the top

Mathias
December 17th, 2009, 07:56
Hi David,

the red triangles can be adjusted like clips if you will, as a reminder for the current barometric pressure on the real plane. We don't have it animated though as you're aware.
F means QFF = pressure at sealevel.
E means QFE = pressue at ground level (most likely local airbase).

Mathias
December 17th, 2009, 08:32
Sooooo...Appologies to everyone for the "relative silence" over the past couple of days. The office is just now returning to normal after a truely catastrophic house-move, LOL. So let me try to catch up:

I have a couple of startup questions, i loaded up the 190 after another aircraft, which caused it to be shut off when it loaded, i followed the checklists but couldnt get it to turn over, im assuming the other a/c had soemthing to do with that, but i noticecd that the primer after a while sticks and wont move anymore yet the sound can still be heard. Also if you go thru all the steps to start and you crank the motor and it doesnt start, do you then need to hit the yellow lever right below the canopy and prime the motor again? Thank you.

Not enough followed by too many primer strokes. I think in most weather conditions you're fine with 10 strokes.

The yellow lever needs to be pulled only once, doesn't have any ill-effect if you repeat it though.

*edit* also i noticed that if you run a pump dry, then refill that tank the pump continues to make that noise despite a full tank.

Isn't that cheating? :bump:
It should stop if you switch it off an on again though.

deimos256
December 17th, 2009, 12:29
hahaha its not cheating if you land at a field and fill up at the fuel box! I havent tried to duplicate it again maybe ill give it a shot tonight. you should be honored, I never fly long enough to run a planes tanks dry, this puppy has my attention!

Mathias
December 19th, 2009, 07:17
We have now released a German language handbook for my fellow landmates.

http://www.classics-hangar.de/downloads/classics_hangar_pilots_manual_fw190A5-A9_v1.00deu.pdf

We should have a completely German language installer ready sometime next week.

Woja
December 20th, 2009, 03:32
Hi Mathias,
I have solved some of my problems now. After creating a different default flight, the fuel system works like it should I still geht the flying tip that I am critically low on fuel, but the engine keeps running until the tanks are really empty. So I ignore the tips or just deactivate them.

Only remaining thing is the hammering sound on the A-5, A-6 and A-7. It is definetely not the sound of a dry fuel pump. It sounds more like the first startup loop of the engine. It starts after about 15 minutes and i cannot stop it. Neither with the fuel pump switches, neither when I pause the sim or when I shut the eingine and shutoff all systems. When I end the flight the sound fades out like a dying engine. After resuming the flight, the hammering sound is back again. When this sound appears during flight all systems keep on working and the aircraft is fully contrallable, you can land, take off, the fuel system works, but the hammering sound doesn't go away. I presume this effect could be related to a soundcard incompatibility.

Mathias
December 20th, 2009, 04:01
Thanks for the report Woja.
Say, can you do me a favour?
When you open the folder FSX\Sound\ClassicsHangar you see a number of wav files named SND1.wav through SND27.wav.
Can you listen through the sounds and - if you can identify the offending one - tell me the file name?
Would help greatly to debugg the issue.
Thanks again!

Woja
December 20th, 2009, 04:48
Hi Mathias,

its a loop of snd22.wav

Mathias
December 20th, 2009, 05:35
Aha, thanks!
It's the detonation of the canopy emergency release.
When it loops, does it repeat like 5 - 10 times a second or just approximately once per second?

Woja
December 20th, 2009, 05:57
more or less approx once per second, maybe one and a half per second.

Mathias
December 20th, 2009, 06:32
Ok, great.
I've send you a pm with a possible fix. Only for the first A-5 in the selection screen.
Do you think you can test if it fixes the sound loop?
Thanks!

alx
December 20th, 2009, 08:57
I suggest to check http://www.warbirdprofiles.com .
There are eight new FW 190A-5 profiles. Some painter could be interested :jump:

Mathias
December 21st, 2009, 13:05
We have a small patch 1.2 now that adresses some issues as discovered by you, the user.
Also there's now a native German language version available that turns tooltips, checklists and handbook into German.
Available from the links below, should be available from the '"check for updates" link sometime tomorrow.
Thanks for your reports, Gentlemen!

English version

This installation updates "Fw 190 A,the late variants" to Version 1.2.
It can be applied to the original Version 1.0 or to the patched Version 1.1.

Issues adressed with this update:

- tailwheel lock unreliable at times: fixed
- Pilot does not become invisible when the aircraft is "cold and dark" on ground: fixed
- Manual rpm adjustment acting like an on/off switch: fixed
- Soundloop with canopy emergency release: fixed
- Sound when fuel pump is running dry too loud: fixed

Updates in Version 1.1:

- Pitot tube in A-8 and A-9 interior models moved to the correct outboard position.

- Gunsight reticule in A-9 model corrected.
http://www.classics-hangar.de/downloads/CH_Fw190a5_a9_update_v1.20.exe

And the German version:

Diese Installation aktualisiert "Fw 190 A, die späten Baureihen" auf Version 1.2.
Die Aktualisierung kann ausgeführt werden über der originalen Version 1.0 oder über Version 1.1.

Neues in dieser Version:
Checklisten, Referenzen, Cockpit-Quicktips sowie das Benutzerhandbuch liegen nun komplett in deutscher Sprache vor.

Behobene Fehler:
Einige Benutzer berichteten unzuverlässiges Verhalten folgender Punkte:
- Spornradverriegelung unzuverlässig: behoben
- Pilot wird nicht immer unsichtbar, wenn das Flugzeug "kalt und dunkel" ist: behoben.
- Manuelle Drehzahlverstellung nur in groben Schritten möglichen: behoben.
- Soundloop bei Haubenabsprengung: behoben
- Geräusche bei trockenlaufender Treibstoffpumpe zu laut: behoben.

Updates in Version 1.1:

- Staurohr in A-8 und A-9 vom Cockpit aus gesehen an falscher Position: behoben.

- Reflexvisier funktioniert nicht richtig in A-9 Modell: behoben.
http://www.classics-hangar.de/downloads/CH_Fw190a5_a9_update_v1.20_deu.exe

Oh, and merry christmas everyone!

(Image courtesy of Fischl)
http://www.classics-hangar.de/images/Rudolph_190.jpg

stovall
December 21st, 2009, 15:18
Mathias, I get an error with the 1.02 exe that says Fw190A-8\model.1\Fw190A8_Interior.MDL: unknown version.

Any ideas?

UnknownGuest12
December 21st, 2009, 16:50
Mathias, I get an error with the 1.02 exe that says Fw190A-8\model.1\Fw190A8_Interior.MDL: unknown version.

Any ideas?

Same here
This program cannot update the installed version of Fw190A, the late variants, because of the following reason:
D:\ etc.\classics_hangar_fw190a-8\model.1\Fwa8_interior.mdl:unknown version

regards

Mathias
December 21st, 2009, 22:47

Any ideas?

Yes, I screwed!:monkies:
Sorry for that.
Re-download and run it again, it will now install correctly over both V. 1.0 and 1.1.

RudiJG1
December 22nd, 2009, 02:29
Thanks, Mathias, and to be clear, I should download the complete installer and run it, overwriting the existing installation?

Mathias
December 22nd, 2009, 02:38
Thanks, Mathias, and to be clear, I should download the complete installer and run it, overwriting the existing installation?

No, just download and run that tiny little update application from the link above,
it will write the updated portions straight into your existing 1.0 or 1.1 installation, hence the small file size.

RudiJG1
December 22nd, 2009, 05:53
Got it, thanks...overlooked the download link!

eddie
December 22nd, 2009, 14:29
Mathias, great work on this new package, by you and Alx!!:ernae:
You must check in on your own forum now and then, got some new folks over there,LOL

Mathias
December 22nd, 2009, 15:13
Mathias, great work on this new package, by you and Alx!!:ernae:
You must check in on your own forum now and then, got some new folks over there,LOL

Scotty, now you got me confused.
Talking about this spam bot that I just banned? :bump:

Mathias
December 25th, 2009, 07:45
The full installer is now updated to the latest version and it's now multi-lingual englisch/german. So if you prefer to have a one-click installer rather than installer plus patches just re-download the full pack from the Classics Hangar Shop.

Dok
December 25th, 2009, 23:11
Hi Mathias,

Just want to congratulate you on this awesome product. Purchased it about a week ago and have been enjoying flying the new variants over my Christmas break, and been getting lots of hours of flying time in with them. The attention to detail is amazing both inside and outside the aircraft and it goes great with your early variants.

Can't wait to hear what aircraft you plan to do next, but I will definitely be getting it also when it is finished as your aircraft are among the best for FSX :applause:

huub vink
December 26th, 2009, 07:02
Still spotless, but as it flew in the Mediterranean Theater of War it will have some scratches before I'm finished with it.

Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/KMEY_1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/KMEY_2.jpg

deimos256
December 26th, 2009, 07:23
oooo nice i was wondering when we were gonna see some paints

huub vink
December 26th, 2009, 07:28
oooo nice i was wondering when we were gonna see some paints

There are quite a few on my to-do list.... and for those who want it there will be an export version for Germany as well ;)

Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/KMEY_3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/KMEY_4.jpg

gajit
December 26th, 2009, 07:45
Great work :ernae:

Mathias
December 26th, 2009, 12:49
Very cool, Huubl!
I've been looking forward to someone picking up on this particular SKG10 plane.
The fact that it's still wearing it's Stammkennzeichen (the anglos translate that with "factory registration code") shows how desperate the Luftwaffe was during the Tunisian campaign to get their crates up into the air.
There's an excellent book on the Fw190 in Africa by Andrew Arthy and Morten Jessen "Focke-Wulf Fw 190 in North Africa".
Recommended!

Hmm, I may get the idea to add a trop version to the mix so that someone makes me one of those worn-out Sch.G.2 A-5/U3 fighter bomber paints. :-)

CodyValkyrie
December 26th, 2009, 19:38
Just got this bird. Wanted to say what a fantastic flier she is! Thanks Mathias for creating it for us.

doublecool
December 27th, 2009, 07:56
There are a few must have warbirds...This is one of them :applause::applause::applause:

Models
textures
VC
Sounds

Every time I fly her its like being in the real plane

Steven190
December 27th, 2009, 13:06
Is there a paint kit available? In a PSD

I did not see any voids.

I am off this winter and would like to do a A-8 of Mortiz

GBrutus
December 27th, 2009, 13:19

I did not see any voids.

There should be a paint kit in the Classics Hangar folder in your main FSX directory.

Mathias
December 27th, 2009, 13:23

I did not see any voids.

Yes, there is one in FSXroot/Classics Hangar.
Moritz A-8 Sturmjäger is "in the box" allready though.
There are some shots of it at Nick's site:
http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/classicshangar_fw190A.html

huub vink
December 28th, 2009, 06:20
Still have to do some dirt on wings and fuselage. After that is finished, I have to add quite some damage......

But still making progress,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/KMEY_a1.jpg

Mathias
December 28th, 2009, 06:51
Shaping up nicely, Huub!

huub vink
December 28th, 2009, 07:01
But somehow it looks like it ended up in the wrong theatre of war.....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/KMEY_a2.jpg

Mathias
December 28th, 2009, 07:06
Hehe, yeah, it's surprising how few Luftwaffe planes actually received desert camo. Then again not, considering that the Northern Tunisean areas look more or less like southern Europe.

Mathias
December 28th, 2009, 12:42
...and here's something new to play with from the "check for updates" link in your start menu/Classics Hangar folder:

NEW! "Just Fly" Utility (optional)
This little utility allows you to toggle the Fw 190 A late variant's default "Full Real" mode and the new "Just Fly" mode forth and back.
When in "Just fly" mode engine damage and other none standard system failures are dissabled and the fuel scheme is drastically simplified so that working the fuel pumps is no longer required. Instead the red fuel cock in the lower forward panel acts as the main fuel tank selector.
Download this utility to your desktop and run it on demand before you launch FSX.

GBrutus
December 28th, 2009, 15:10
Very cool little update, Mathias. Thank you.

Steven190
December 29th, 2009, 13:38
I assume that that panel lines for the A-6 are used for the A-8 in the paint kits.

I will start on my project in a few days. I have just started to look at what is in the kits.

huub vink
December 29th, 2009, 15:28
Steven there is are two seperate folders one folder contains the paintkit for the A-5 to A-6 version (including all sub-versions) and the second folder contains the paintkit for the A-5 to A-9 versions (and again with all sub-versions)

The main differences are the panel lines and shading for the different models. So be sure to select the correct layers.

Looking forward to see your work!

Cheers,
Huub

huub vink
December 29th, 2009, 16:02
Its amazing to see what a few months of desert warfare can do an aircraft...... (Compare with the earlier screenshots).

Cheers,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/KMEY_b1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/KMEY_b2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/KMEY_b3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/KMEY_b4.jpg

jankees
December 29th, 2009, 22:29
That's looking very nice indeed, Huub!

Snuffy
December 30th, 2009, 03:46
Looks good Huub, but ...

I don't see any off color patches where they may have covered any .50 cal damages.

:)

Looks great!

huub vink
December 30th, 2009, 07:13
I don't see any off color patches where they may have covered any .50 cal damages.

When Mathias makes a tropical version, you will get your off colour patches :d

These textures have just been placed in the queue. Textures with and without historical tail markings are included (see read me).

The pilot is dressed for the the correct theatre of war.

Emjoy,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/KMEY_b9.jpg

Oelwanne
December 30th, 2009, 07:23
Looks fantastic!!
Thanks for the work huub! :ernae:

Roger
December 30th, 2009, 07:38
:engel016::applause:

Thanks Huub.

huub vink
December 31st, 2009, 09:47
I'm afraid this one is not as dirty as the previous one (but not really clean).

When Alessandro published this profile at http://www.warbirdprofiles.com , I knew I would do this repaint.

Not yet finished, so it will be "next year" before I can upload it.

Cheers,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/NJG3_2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/NJG3_3.jpg

gajit
December 31st, 2009, 10:13
WOW - excellent work :ernae:

GBrutus
December 31st, 2009, 10:48
Great work on these paint schemes, Huub.

Mathias
December 31st, 2009, 11:34
Lovely stuff, Huub!

alx
January 1st, 2010, 10:56
New FW190A-6 profiles at www.warbirdprofiles.com (http://www.warbirdprofiles.com) .
Any painter interested?

dsawan
January 1st, 2010, 11:55
Hi, I am thinking of getting this mjyself. I noticed the credit card payment section is disabled due to technical probs. Will this be fixed soon? the dec. 4th post said the following week but it is still disabled. Thx. Dont ant to use paypal.

huub vink
January 1st, 2010, 11:56
New FW190A-6 profiles at www.warbirdprofiles.com (http://www.warbirdprofiles.com) .
Any painter interested?

I always had a soft spot for Tanja, but the Koller livery is nice as well and any Galland livery is at least interesting......

Cheers,
Huub

huub vink
January 2nd, 2010, 04:26
The Nachtjagd FW190 is in the queue, both here and at Avsim.com.

It can be flown with and without historical tail markings.

Cheers,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/NJG3_5.jpg

dswo
January 2nd, 2010, 06:07
It can be flown with and without historical tail markings.

Thank you, Huub: for the repaints, and for making them available with and without.

Ferry_vO
January 2nd, 2010, 06:17
Any painter interested?

Some nice colourful profiles there, like the one from Graf, and the one with the red checkered cowl from Schipol (sic). I would like to have the yellow nose A-5 from Deelen though! :d

alx
January 2nd, 2010, 12:13
Some nice colourful profiles there, like the one from Graf, and the one with the red checkered cowl from Schipol (sic). I would like to have the yellow nose A-5 from Deelen though! :d

Well, if you are a bit patient and can wait some days... :wiggle:

http://www.italianwings.it/foto/Deelen.jpg

Ferry_vO
January 2nd, 2010, 12:17
Looks great Alx!

huub vink
January 2nd, 2010, 16:18
It seems we had both started the same repaint.... :kilroy:

However as Alessandro wanted to finish several profiles, we decided I will finish this repaint.

Cheers,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/deelen_3.jpg

deimos256
January 3rd, 2010, 04:56
....and the paints kept rolling in, glad to see the late variants getting some love!

huub vink
January 3rd, 2010, 08:34
The nachtjäger is available in the libarary and can be downloaded here ==> link (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=15597)

The day fighter from Deelen is almost finished.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/deelen_a1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/deelen_a2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/deelen_a3.jpg

dswo
January 3rd, 2010, 10:03
Sometimes, after I've flown one of these models, I lose my normal VC sounds (e.g, engine) even when I switch to another model. Restarting FSX solves the problem. I've had this happen two or three times; anyone else?

Mathias
January 3rd, 2010, 12:34
I don't think that's caused by the 190, David.
Sound card drivers, chipset drivers maybe?

Steven190
January 3rd, 2010, 13:46
I have a problem with the cockpit view, I have no frame work around the cockpit. It is a new install under Vista. I am doing some repaints, too and did a fresh FSX install on my Vista machine, and just added the CH FW190A late to the install.

All I have is the glass and instrument panels. I can see the outline of the cockpit but it is transparent. It is for all versions of FW

Is there a setting I need to change?

Any ideas?

dswo
January 3rd, 2010, 14:42
I don't think that's caused by the 190, David.
Sound card drivers, chipset drivers maybe?

That's always possible, Mathias -- and I haven't seen (heard?) it enough to be sure about anything. But these are the only planes where I have noticed this problem. The crucial question: are other people experiencing this problem? If not, then obviously it's an issue with my system and not the 190 itself -- and that's what I'm trying to determine.

huub vink
January 3rd, 2010, 14:57
David,

During beta testing I have spend many hours in the cockpit from these FW190s and I have never experienced any problems like you the ones you are describing. But I realise that I have flew only a part of these hours in the current configuration.

I know how the sounds of the Classic Hangar FW190 work and I can't really find a logical cause for the problems you are describing.

Some history about the pilot of "Uschi".

Walter Köhne served with JG52 already in 1940 and participated in the invasion of Russia in 1941. He was badly wounded in June 1941, which took him away from his duties for a long period. Nevertheless he scored 12 victories at the Eastern front before he was transferred to JG1 in the Netherlands in 1943. He survived the war with 30 victories from which 15 on four-engine bombers.

Cheers,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/deelen_a4.jpg

Mathias
January 3rd, 2010, 22:23
I have a problem with the cockpit view, I have no frame work around the cockpit. It is a new install under Vista. I am doing some repaints, too and did a fresh FSX install on my Vista machine, and just added the CH FW190A late to the install.

All I have is the glass and instrument panels. I can see the outline of the cockpit but it is transparent. It is for all versions of FW

Is there a setting I need to change?

Any ideas?

First question:
Is your FSX patched to Service Pack 2?
Second:
Is texture_max_load=2048 enabled in the FSX.cfg?
Third:
If you enabled "high resolution" with the cockpit texture manager, return to "default resolution" and see if that cures it (shortcut in the start menu, classics hangar folder).

Steven190
January 4th, 2010, 05:21
Thanks for the reply

nothing worked Mathias

It is Vista with SP2

Changed the texture_max_load to 2048, it made most of the external textures disappear only a few showed.
I tried lowering the valve to 1024 and the textures showed up, but still have the limited internals.

Then I changed the manager back and forth from High to Default Resolution and it made no difference.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/Steven190/CHFW190cockpit3.jpg

Mathias
January 4th, 2010, 06:50
Interesting. That appear to be exactly those textures that are toggled via the manager.
I suppose the answer is no, but did you do any changes to the Fw190 files, renaming folders, moving textures, resaving in a different format or editing aircraft.cfg or texture.cfg?
Also please check the following folders:

FSXroot\SimObjects\Airplanes\Classics_Hangar_Fw190 A-5\texture.CHH
FSXroot\SimObjects\Airplanes\Classics_Hangar_Fw190 A-5\texture.CHL

Each folder should hold a single file "ClassicsHangar" without an extension.
Also there should be 7 files with extennsion dds in one folder whereas the other folder has 7 files with extension dd_.
Also each of the other texture.x folders in any of the Fw190's should have those folders referenced in the texture.cfg's fallback section like this:

fallback.x=..\..\Classics_Hangar_Fw190A-5\texture.CHH
fallback.x=..\..\Classics_Hangar_Fw190A-5\texture.CHL

Just make a spot check on the texture.cfg.
Please let me know if there's anything wrong with either the CHH or CHL texture folder or the texture.cfg.
Thanks!

bmd
January 4th, 2010, 06:56
Bonjour Huub,

I have downloaded your new repaints. wonderful. A great art work. Bravo

It is a pleasure to fly the CH Fw190A-5. The chalenge for me is to learn how to correctly pilot the Fw190A-5 which does not have a vertical speed indicator. Have you some advice to help me to maintain a level flight in the absence of a vertical speed indicator?

Have a good day

Benoit

Mathias
January 4th, 2010, 07:05
Thanks benoit!
To stay level without a variometer you have the altitude indicator and as they say over here "fly with your butt". We can't simulate that prickle in the rear in FSX but I think the altimeter does quite good plus situational awareness, watching the horizon, looking over wings etc. A well trimmed plane should help either.

EDIT: I forgot you also have the artificial horizon in the late variants.

huub vink
January 4th, 2010, 08:48
Hi Benoit,

I'm glad you like the repaint, still more to come ;)

Like Mathias already said, use the artficial horizon and altimeter. When you trim pitch use the button in the left-hand side console as it is more accurate then pre-programmed buttons on joysticks in most cases.

When you do this for the first time(s) you can best use Ctrl-Z to display your altitude (and vertical movement). After a few times you most probably won't need this anymore.

Good luck and enjoy,
Huub

Steven190
January 4th, 2010, 09:41
I have not changed any files, except the "texture_max_load=XX" in the App. Data section

All files are there in their correct form.
I think it is probably a Vista thing that it is doing. Like CFS3 I shut it down normally and now it will not play, just CTD after the first screen.

I have noticed that the view window in the main screen, sometimes the plane is invisible except a few parts, then if you change planes to another, it will show up normally, but will have the missing panels in the cockpit mode.

alx
January 4th, 2010, 09:52
Steven, when you say:

It is Vista with SP2

Do you mean

Vista with Vista SP2
or
Vista with FSX SP2 ?

Mathias
January 4th, 2010, 12:26
I have not changed any files, except the "texture_max_load=XX" in the App. Data section

All files are there in their correct form.
I think it is probably a Vista thing that it is doing. Like CFS3 I shut it down normally and now it will not play, just CTD after the first screen.

I have noticed that the view window in the main screen, sometimes the plane is invisible except a few parts, then if you change planes to another, it will show up normally, but will have the missing panels in the cockpit mode.

I suppose your opening screen shows something else than the Fw190?
Please check if the following two actions help:
1. In the graphics card's control panel set Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering to "application controlled".
2. Delete or rename the FSX.cfg in the user folder so that it gets rebuild as you start FSX the next time.
Next run FSX with the Fw190 once without applying the 2048 edit to the cfg.

Steven190
January 5th, 2010, 03:40
The OS is Vista 32 bit with the SP2 update

Will try the suggustions Mathias

alx
January 5th, 2010, 04:23
Steven, you need to install the Flight Simulator X Service Pack 2 or
the Flight Simulator X Acceleration Pack. If you don't have one of them installed there is no solution to the problem.

dswo
January 5th, 2010, 05:07
"Advanced Animations" turned on in FSX display settings?

Snuffy
January 5th, 2010, 05:11
I NEED FSX CAPABLE HISTORICAL PLACES TO PARK THESE BIRDS ... ANYONE KNOW OF ANY HISTORIC LUFTWAFFE WW2 AIRBASES?

(I'd like the whole collection of Luftwaffe airbases, just before D-Day Invasion ...)

huub vink
January 5th, 2010, 07:56
ANYONE KNOW OF ANY HISTORIC LUFTWAFFE WW2 AIRBASES?

There weren't many in FS2004 and as far as I know there aren't any in FSX. :frown:

I normally fly from Gütersloh by Jim Dhaenens or one of the East German airfields by Guido Weiss. This scenery does not really reflect Luftwaffe airfields like they looked during WW-II, but the scenery does contain several buildings which were also used during WW-II.

As there are far more "standard" British buildings here are more British airfields avaialble. Hopefully Jim will make some additional "Luftwaffe" buildings so more German airfields can be created (this is a bold hint ;)).

Cheers,
Huub

dswo
January 5th, 2010, 08:01
I NEED FSX CAPABLE HISTORICAL PLACES TO PARK THESE BIRDS ... ANYONE KNOW OF ANY HISTORIC LUFTWAFFE WW2 AIRBASES?

Lionheart's "Operation Valkyrie" had several of these; you can find my review on AVSIM. The transition to FSX was uneven, but most of the fields worked fine for me. The trick is going to be finding the FSX version, since it's no longer for sale.

Steven190
January 5th, 2010, 14:40
It works now, thanks alx

It was the acceleration pack install that cleared up the problem.

It really did not matter, this was on the computer that I am using to re-skin the FW190A-8. It just bothered me.

Thanks for the help

Mathias
January 6th, 2010, 01:29
Glad that it's sorted, Steven.

Steven190
January 6th, 2010, 04:13
Thanks for the help

I am doing a personnel skin and have a quick question about the blurry markings, What DXT do you use or is there another setting that I am missing?

Mathias
January 6th, 2010, 05:06
The exterior textures are all saved in DXT 5.
Interior textures: when there's an alpha channel we use DXT 5, all others are in DXT 1.
Other than that, applying the 2048 max load tweak & having the graphic card's texture settings to at least "quality" should take care of any blurries.

huub vink
January 6th, 2010, 06:50
Steven in addition to what Mathias already said. I save the main texture (ch_fw190a5_1_t) without mipmaps and the nose art (ch_fw190_noseart_t) with mipmaps.

Some users complain about blurry textures when the main textures are saved with mipmaps and the noseart pops out when you save this without mipmaps.

Looking forward to your repaint(s),
Huub

Steven190
January 6th, 2010, 08:20
Again thanks all

huub vink
January 6th, 2010, 12:18
The textures for the A5 flown by Uffz. Walter Köhne from Fliegerhorst Deelen in the Netherlands are uploaded both here as on Avsim.com. They will be available as soon as they are approved.

For those who want to fly it with historical tailmarking, alternative textures are included. Please read the included readme file how to make hem visible.

Cheers,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Kohne_b1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Kohne_b2.jpg

deimos256
January 6th, 2010, 13:04
outstanding I cant wait!

Mathias
January 8th, 2010, 13:07
Nice one, Huub!
Nice touch also that the formar checkerboard paint is just vaguely "guessable" through the yellow nose paint.

Hmm, thought I drop in a WIP shot of the up and coming early variants update.
Fw190A-4 cockpit.
"Downgrade" over the late variants:
- Artificial horizon and AFN2 gone south
- turn coordinator back in
- main flight instruments moved around and covered with a plate
- fuel pump indicators in the lower forward panel.

http://www.classics-hangar.de/vorschau/2010-1-8_16-35-35-176.jpg

dswo
January 8th, 2010, 13:21
WIP shot of the up and coming early variants update.

You think it can't get better -- and then it does.

Oelwanne
January 9th, 2010, 07:52
I guess i have to struggle my Paypal Account again! :salute:
And Huub: Great Repaints!! Keep em coming!

huub vink
January 10th, 2010, 14:04
Don't worry, I will. Alessandro just made some new profiles available on his site: http://www.warbirdprofiles.com/hidden.htm, So plenty ideas!

Currently working at this one, so still work in progress: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=334858#post334858

Cheers,
Huub

Cleartheprop
January 14th, 2010, 09:28
I thought this video might be of some interest when talking about fuel transfer :ernae:

mDM37W7K8rA

Barfly
January 14th, 2010, 21:24
Thanks Mirage! Very helpful!

raptor19
January 16th, 2010, 10:16
Mathias,
Superb model, I now have both packs and look forward very much to your future work. Me 110 would be great! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :salute:

HundertzehnGustav
January 16th, 2010, 11:14
Cheers,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Kohne_b2.jpg

Hub....

I had a look, and found one thing you can improve - the exhaust stains *should* go all the way up and include the top exhaust tube. As it is now, i have the impression that this tube is blocked, and serves no purpose...
also see this pic from the IWM...

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2004/10/images/detail_fw190a8_37.jpg

BUT, please, if you tell me that my impression is wrong, let me aapologise for my hasty comment...

I find myself longing for a FSX capable pC and a wallet that can support the payware planes that are to come with it so i just pass from time to time and take a look... not to piss on anybody' s work...

huub vink
January 17th, 2010, 02:11
Hi 110G, good to see you at this side of the forums as well. I'm not sure fully understand what you are saying to me, but nevertheless I have an answer ;). The panel behind the exhausts, with the eventilation flaps, was often painted black. Sometimes partial and sometimes completely until the hatch over the fuselage mounted guns.

In case of "Uschi" the panel was completely black (see picture from the real "Uschi"). Therefore the black panel continued above the highest exhaust line and therefore the exhaust spray starts lower than the top of of the black panel.

On most pictures the spray marks move downwards, towards the wings quite fast. I have looked very carefully to the excellent pictures Ferry van Orden took from the Flugwerks FW190 A-8N, when it visited Lelystad and tried to copy this. I was amazed to how "greasy" and full of soot particles a carefully flown and well maintained aircraft already looked.

I hope this clarifies a bit,

Cheers,
Huub

http://www.luftwaffe.cz/images/kohne2.jpg

Ferry_vO
January 17th, 2010, 03:45
Huub, what 110G means is that it looks like there's only smoke coming from the three lower exhausts on your repaint, but not from the top one. ;)

Otherwise a great repaint, one can never have enough 'local' birds!

As you can tell from this photo the replica also has four exhausts on each side, and the black plate behind the exhausts isn't just dirty, but also 'scarred' by the heat! Some of the black paint appears to have burned off already. The amount of dirt on the aircraft is amazing considering it was quite new, with only a display a few weeks before and probably a transfer flight from Germany to France upon delivery. Looks pretty authentic though, and makes a nice change from some of the highly polished warbirds you sometimes see.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/BGL%20fly%20in/IMG_5737.jpg

I doubt the leaking prop caused this much dirt, as the amount of oil leaking from the prop would have prevented it from even reaching Lelystad, and the leak didn't start until late in the afternoon.

You can see the oil here on the lower prop blade, and a bit on the nose that wasn't there an hour earlier.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/BGL%20fly%20in/IMG_6134.jpg

HundertzehnGustav
January 17th, 2010, 07:32
Huub, what 110G means is that it looks like there's only smoke coming from the three lower exhausts on your repaint, but not from the top one. ;)

That's it.
I didnt know how to put it...
:bump:

Love that Fw, and am looking forward to the 110... sometime near the end of 2010?

huub vink
January 17th, 2010, 08:41
Don't worry I think I did understand you correctly. However in the repaint (at least at my layer "exhaust spray" the top of the spay starts at the point when the top exhaust is. Therefore I tried to explain (in my usual confusing was) this effect is most likely caused by the black panel directly behind the exhausts.

When you look at the other screenie from "Uschi" and on the screenie below, from the repaint I'm currently working on I think you can see. (edit: BTW this repaint is currently in the queue.)

Cheers,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/c2_hackl_02.jpg

Mathias
January 17th, 2010, 11:09
Beautyfull, Huub!

"Never have I seen so beautiful an airplane. A rich, dappled blue, from a dark, threatening thunderstorm to a light sky blue. The cowling is a brilliant, gleaming yellow. Beautiful, and Death on the wing. A Focke-Wulf 190." -Robert Johnson-

HundertzehnGustav
January 17th, 2010, 15:27
Hmm... does this explain what i would like to say? i once heard a picture tells more than a thousand words...
Maybe extend that layer for a bunch of pixels to the top where the metal is bent? anyway- as you wish.

I like the Plane and very much the way you paint them, Huub! Dirty as they were. right off the Grass airfield. :applause:
Flying that thing in FSX gotta be a dream come true.
Add some proper background Music... who needs drugs? That plane would make me high...:kilroy:

All it needs now is Loadouts. Droptanks, Twin droptanks for the F or G, SC50,70 250,500, Gunpods Panzerblitz WGR. 21cm, Bulged Canopy, and the works.
And a Loadout with a Mechanic stowed in the rear, rendring the Plane difficult to fly - a "Sturm" variant with added armour and different canopy...
Damn - the possibilities are endless...
*just dreaming*

Ferry - these Photoes just ruined my night... one does not fly very far with a fudged up Hydraulic System like that. Ouch...:monkies:

dswo
January 17th, 2010, 16:49
a "Sturm" variant with added armour and different canopy...*just dreaming*

At least one of your dreams has already come true.

Mathias
January 17th, 2010, 23:05
At least one of your dreams has already come true.

Add the droptank, the SC250 and the bulged canopy to the list of fullfilled dreams. :-)

HundertzehnGustav
January 18th, 2010, 04:25
oh.

OH!

:applause:

Guns are "working" i suppose? spent ammo dropping out, smoke...?

Mathias
January 19th, 2010, 09:31
Not out of the box, Bob, but there are some gun effects made by Rob Barendregt for the early variants over at Avsim which should work with the late variants, too.
Search for rcbfw-20.zip and rcbfw20a.zip.

jetstreamsky
January 19th, 2010, 12:41
Is there any video anywhere from the cockpit perspective using TrackIR or similar to get a perspective of what it's like to fly?

huub vink
January 19th, 2010, 12:49
Is there any video anywhere from the cockpit perspective using TrackIR or similar to get a perspective of what it's like to fly?

Watch the incredible videos made by Mirage_III

QwXBlmJLtB8

GfbU5DtUPb4

mDM37W7K8rA

Bob, althought when you look carefully at your drawing, I think you already provided the answer yourself. The spray starts under your top yellow line. The exhaust spray is not as thick as in in the middle as on the top it is only caused by one exhaust pipe. Due to the airflow the exhaust spray moves downwards to the wing quite past. Look at the picture from the real thing below. The black panel doesn't go up to the hatch over the guns, but nevertheless the exhaust trail starts just a fraction over the middle from the back

If you still don't see it, just purchase the model so you see it with your own eyes ;) :d :d

Cheers,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/FW190_com_04.jpg

HundertzehnGustav
January 20th, 2010, 07:44
Not out of the box, Bob, but there are some gun effects made by Rob Barendregt for the early variants over at Avsim which should work with the late variants, too.
Search for rcbfw-20.zip and rcbfw20a.zip.

Thanx, Matze, but i am not one of your customers so far, but only very curious. Let me see what this spring brings, there seems to be a major flow of bling bling heading my way.
:wiggle:

HundertzehnGustav
January 20th, 2010, 07:50
hey Huub... seems you are right on the money then. Its the airflow, the airflow!

But that picture brings an other idea to my Mind. when parked and chocks set and canopy open, we need the "Seatbelt" to dangle out of the 'Pit... animated in the wind.

Damn, this world is different from CFS3... exponentially more possibilities. I see why there is so much Quality edge pushing Plane production going on in here.

:mixedsmi:

Mathias
January 20th, 2010, 08:15
Thanx, Matze, but i am not one of your customers so far, but only very curious.
:wiggle:

I know, it was just a good opportunity to tell everyone that Rob's great effects should work with this version, too.:kilroy:

JAllen
January 21st, 2010, 07:19
I am having a great time flying the FW190. Bought the early variants when it was released and the late variants the same. Thank you for giving us this work of art. Got any more? :icon_lol:

:salute: Jim

dswo
January 23rd, 2010, 04:17
These two items were mentioned elsewhere; I'm just adding them to the main thread for future reference:

1. My AVSIM review: http://www.avsim.com/pages/0110/ClassicHangar/FW190A.htm

2. A sharp video by MirageIII2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgWn4S4KSdI

huub vink
January 23rd, 2010, 10:24
My next repaint is nearly finished. It might seem a boring all green aircraft, but when you explore it you perhaps find some "hidden" suprises.

You can see it here (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=345218#post345218)

Cheers,
Huub

Mathias
January 28th, 2010, 10:58
These two items were mentioned elsewhere; I'm just adding them to the main thread for future reference:

1. My AVSIM review: http://www.avsim.com/pages/0110/ClassicHangar/FW190A.htm

2. A sharp video by MirageIII2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgWn4S4KSdI

Might be noteworthy that the review earned us an Avsim Gold Award, so on behalf of the whole team thanks for that!

Henry
January 28th, 2010, 11:50
Might be noteworthy that the review earned us an Avsim Gold Award, so on behalf of the whole team thanks for that!
and you have a Sim- outhouse gold award
but its gone missing :kilroy:
i believe it got melted down
But thanks to all concerned
an excellent aircraft:medals:
H

Mathias
January 28th, 2010, 12:33
and you have a Sim- outhouse gold award
but its gone missing :kilroy:
i believe it got melted down
But thanks to all concerned
an excellent aircraft:medals:
H

Hahaha, cheers Henry!
Now I know why your avator guy is looking so "sparse", he's just seen the SOH Award going down the river. :salute::bump: