PDA

View Full Version : FS Nav database problems

Richard Westcott
December 4th, 2009, 07:09
I installed the latest Norway Sceneries today NORAP04, how ever when I go to run my FSnav database it stops half way through at the Scotflight scenery.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Astoroth
December 4th, 2009, 11:45
I have one scenery pack that sometimes (but not always) seems to hang FSNav, but after about 10 minutes or so it will pick up and continue. Maybe the same with Norway...?

jkcook28
December 4th, 2009, 13:08
I have a VOZ folder that hangs it.
Try this:
Go to the ...\Flight Simulator 9\Modules\FSNavigator folder and MOVE (in case you need them back) the two files; Scenery.000 and Scenery.001 out of that folder.
Run the database builder to create new ones.
If that works just delete the two you moved.

I have to do this every time, but seems to work.

Good luck.

Moparmike
December 4th, 2009, 14:27
Yup, I usually ZIP up my two scenery database files whenever I rebuild it after adding new stuff. This does the same as moving them out into another location.
Have had the same problems as John and Astoroth posted about the build process hanging up. Doing a clean build seems to work smoother but sometimes it still drags it's feet while building.

Dangerousdave26
December 4th, 2009, 19:51
I agree but for testing purposes.

I think ( I am not sure) that the scenery.000 file is all the data in the FS9/scenery folder.

scenery.001 is the Add on scenery folder.

You might just try and delete the scenery.001 folder and see if that helps.

I have suffered from the same problem with VOZ as well.

Richard Westcott
December 5th, 2009, 00:03
Thanks everyone, I will give it a try later today and let you know what happens.

Thanks for the help.

Richard Westcott
December 6th, 2009, 02:40
Just removed the scenery.001 file and it worked fine, thanks for the help.