PDA

View Full Version : Kellys Heros

Rockster234
December 3rd, 2009, 09:47
I am sitting here watching Kelly's Heroes.......................

Among the many one liners.....................

These are classic........and a good cheer up........

CFS2 is good for Blowing out ...... The negitive waves.......baby

Whoof Whoof!.......Whoof Whoof Woof!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuStsFW4EmQ

TomSteber
December 3rd, 2009, 10:46
Own it on DVD! You gotta love it. I love Carrol O'Connor when he comes ridding into town at the end. The look on his face always cracks me up.
Oh God, there's just too many good scenes. When it goes from the German Tank commander's face to the door blowing up is GREAT!

Jagdflieger
December 3rd, 2009, 11:19
What a great movie. Given the comical nature of the show, it's surprising how authentic the uniforms and equipment were.

The theme song, "All the Burning Bridges," is one of my favorite songs of all time.

Here it is replete with scenes from the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBr2Xh599ZI&feature=related

Isimanica
December 3rd, 2009, 16:12
That is one of my most favorite movies.

CrisGer
December 3rd, 2009, 16:20
It is one of the most accurate movies i have seen yet, showing the almost random and chaotic nature of things, plus some of the vagaries of command, and the amazing ability of the resourceful small unit to achieve miracles. I wish there were more like that film.

Rockster234
December 4th, 2009, 09:10
I have way too much time on my hands..........

and

I have been interested in Military Stuff so much .........

and

This has probably been discussed a ba..zillion times.......

As I was watching and CF2...ing.........my eye caught the Tiger Tanks.......

And I was watching the Town Bank scene and said............"Is that really a Tiger Tank"....."Thats, not a Tiger Tank".............

As most of you already probably know......it wasn't. There were no working Tiger Tanks left................its a T34 with sheet metal ......which is what caught my eye .....the sheet metal was flexing?

I guess they did the same thing in "Saving Private Ryan"

Yes.........I have spent too much time looking a Military Hardware....

dsawan
December 4th, 2009, 17:11
yep, a classic. Just wish a special edition version would come out. Best line is:

there's no booze, there's no action! and of course Oddball woith his eating cheese and drinking wine while the tanks get repaired.

Rockster234
December 4th, 2009, 17:40
One reason I like watching the reruns of war movies is the character actors................

.....look its Capt. Stubing, Moriarty, Hunkle, Happy Haines, Crosely, ......Gavin Mccleod.......

He was in Operation Peticoat, Pork Chop Hill, Mchales Navy........etc

Look its Archie Bunker, Maj. Gen. Colt, etc.................Carroll O'Conner

He was in Devil's Brigade, In Harms Way, Voyage to the bottom of the Sea,...etc.....

jim
December 5th, 2009, 04:10
You cannot imagine how those guys remind me of my mechanized infantry platoon I had in the 1975-1983 era. Almost to a tee. We even had some tankers from the tank batallion that were just as weird as oddball. I loved them all. A long time ago.:salute::medals: