PDA

View Full Version : FSX Computer Specs?

UKVoodoo
December 2nd, 2009, 14:10
Hi all

Im quite a seasoned pilot and movie maker in FS9 but a total newbie in FSX and im wondering about specs for a new PC

I know theres many different factors to consider but the basics I want to achieve is

Record with FRAPS while displaying 4 or 5 FSX aircraft on screen with Dense Autogen and Scenery as well as 3d clouds while still achieveing a smooth 40 or more fps

What sort of Processors, Ram n Graphics Cards should I be looking at to be comfortable in achieveing what im after

:ernae:
Matt

harleyman
December 2nd, 2009, 14:56
Hi..

You want a good X58 Motherboard..

Good DDR3 Ram @ 1600-2000 speed

Go with a Bloomfield 950 or 975 Extreme... Unless you can OC then get the 920 chip

At least a ATI 4890 or a Nvidia GTX275

warchild
December 2nd, 2009, 14:58
Wellllll, anyone here will tell you that a full blown super computer like Nvidias tesla would be the ultimate platform, but frankly, a good duel core or quad core with enough ram ( 4 - 8 gigs ) running at a good speed ( 2.4 - 4 gighz ) and any decent graphics card will do it.. i also recommend windows 7 64 bit as fsx simply seems ti run better with that ( at least for me )

ok, just for clarification, i get what i percieve to be good performance with this rig..

Nvidia 780i mobo
ATI 4870 gpu
6 gigs kensington ram @ 1200 mhz

harleyman
December 2nd, 2009, 15:02
Wellllll, anyone here will tell you that a full blown super computer like Nvidias tesla would be the ultimate platform, but frankly, a good duel core or quad core with enough ram ( 4 - 8 gigs ) running at a good speed ( 2.4 - 4 gighz ) and any decent graphics card will do it.. i also recommend windows 7 64 bit as fsx simply seems ti run better with that ( at least for me )

Not real sure about that...I build for FSX all the time with dual and quad socket 775s. BUT

FRAPS is a killer, and he wants to record...

kilo delta
December 2nd, 2009, 15:19
He could,of course, always record at half speed and speed it up during post production. :)

UKVoodoo
December 3rd, 2009, 03:55
He could,of course, always record at half speed and speed it up during post production. :)

Tried that a few times but it ends up horrible to watch on youtube

Thanks for all the help I can now start planning my new rig in time for xmas :ernae:

Matt

txnetcop
December 3rd, 2009, 05:29
Still true:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=23683