PDA

View Full Version : Silly poll: FS-ex or FS10?

dswo
December 1st, 2009, 19:40
How do you say it?

Kiwikat
December 1st, 2009, 19:42
"ex" :icon29:

spotlope
December 1st, 2009, 20:28
I started out calling it "FS Ten" but I got so tired of everyone correcting me that I went with the flow and reverted to "Ex". I still think it should be ten, but what the hey... sometimes the mob truly does rule.

DB93
December 1st, 2009, 20:34
I use "ex" here, for no other reason than that's what's on the box. Even though I typically referred to FS2004 as 'FS9'. :P

gajit
December 1st, 2009, 20:40
My wife thinks the X stands for Xpensive!!

spotlope
December 1st, 2009, 21:11
Careful, you don't want to wind up with an X-wife. ;)

bkeske
December 1st, 2009, 21:14
But how about ten wives?

......I really don't talk to anyone 'in person' about Flight Sim, but in my own little mind, I 'say' ten. And I'm sticking to it.

falcon409
December 1st, 2009, 21:30
I use "ex" here, for no other reason than that's what's on the box. Even though I typically referred to FS2004 as 'FS9'. :P
Hmmmmm, another silly poll?

I'm also on the "ex":icon29:

Lionheart
December 1st, 2009, 22:56
I say it like 'ex'.

Bill

noddy
December 1st, 2009, 23:43
I like to call it and number of things!

Kiwikat
December 1st, 2009, 23:51
I like to call it and number of things!

:icon_lol:

Lotus
December 1st, 2009, 23:56
FS-Vex...

...but only when I'm not outright cursing at it or threatening it with deletion.

Why isn't this bit working? SDK says it should... stupid SDK!

Love is funny that way. :)

-Mike

Naismith
December 2nd, 2009, 00:14
who cares?

dswo
December 2nd, 2009, 01:45
who cares?

Curious != cares

harleyman
December 2nd, 2009, 02:01

Well Both actually..Depends on who I'm talking to....

kilo delta
December 2nd, 2009, 03:00
"ex" here too

Ohhh...and Mrs KD calls the sim computer the "ef" "n" PC :monkies:

:bump:

Snuffy
December 2nd, 2009, 03:08
my flight sim ... :wiggle:

Lewis-A2A
December 2nd, 2009, 03:16
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :icon29:

noddy
December 2nd, 2009, 03:17
"ex" here too

ohhh...and mrs kd calls the sim computer the "ef" "n" pc :monkies:

:bump:

lol!

Nick C
December 2nd, 2009, 03:26
FSEX, you have to be careful how you write that, but it's how I pronounce it. I leave Roman numerals to the Romans...oh and when telling the time from the clock in my kitchen.

IanP
December 2nd, 2009, 03:50
I have nice sans serif numbers on the clock and call it "ex", although as has already been mentioned by someone else, its predecessor, "Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight" is very firmly "Eff Ess Nine".

:engel016:

waka172rg
December 2nd, 2009, 03:52
X rated:engel016:

Pepere
December 2nd, 2009, 06:15
I call it ten because ex sounds like youre all done - as in X wife, X girlfriend. so X would imply Flight Sim is "Done"??????????????????????:icon_lol:

David :engel016:

Javis
December 2nd, 2009, 06:29
I was wondering, is it because English is not my native tongue that i have to remind you English speaking simmers that the true meaning of 'ex' encompasses a.o. : ' ceased to be' , 'passed on', 'is no more', 'expired and gone to meet its maker', 'pushing up the daisies' , ' off the twig', 'kicked the bucket', 'shuffled off its mortal coil'... ?

Is it therefore not highly predictable that you have been asking for trouble by persistently calling the latest version of our precious and dearly beloved flight simulator 'FS EX' !!???.....

And it worked too, didn't it !! FS has indeed kicked the bucket, shuffled off its mortal coil, has run down the coil and joined the bleedin' choir invisible '. It is an EX Flight Simulator ! And it's all your fault !!

We would've all been anticipating the arrival of FSXI if you'd have done like us, dutch, call it FSX with 'X' pronounced as 'icks'..... Nuthin to do with 'ex' ....

Too late now...

cheers,
jan :wiggle:

DB93
December 2nd, 2009, 06:35
lol Jan,

Now that I think about it, maybe it was a freudian slip by MS to name it FSX? A harbinger of things to (not) come? Although I'm not too sure that referring to it as 'icks' is much better since, as an english-speaking person, that sounds too much like 'icky' (disgusting, gross) to me lol.

CBris
December 2nd, 2009, 06:52
Do you mean effsex, Nick? I have often wondered why it's called that, but then flying is better than "S"

Of course, I often call it (effessex that is) many other far less complimentary things when it crashes...

Nick C
December 2nd, 2009, 08:26
Careful Chris, you're nearly swearing at Essex there, any inhabitants of the county may get upset. Not that I care, southern fairies.

Odie
December 2nd, 2009, 08:35
"EX" with a heavy Louisiana drawl.....:icon_lol:

Chacha
December 2nd, 2009, 08:53
FSEX, you have to be careful how you write that, but it's how I pronounce it. I leave Roman numerals to the Romans...oh and when telling the time from the clock in my kitchen.

FSX... = ef-es-ex....

I love it pronounced like this ef-es-ex... than ef-es-ten! :pop4:

SkippyBing
December 2nd, 2009, 09:21
FSX, it's a syllable shorter than FS Ten and I'm lazy...

SabreAce
December 2nd, 2009, 09:22
With an X here. Which is a little strange, since everything else with a Roman X I call Ten.

ryanbatc
December 2nd, 2009, 11:33
X ...

Bjoern
December 2nd, 2009, 11:41
Ef-es-sex.

dswo
December 2nd, 2009, 17:33
x = ex-, formerly
x = experimental
x = unknown ("the x-factor")
x = xtreme

Henry
December 2nd, 2009, 17:41
i say fsex
just like the 2 ronnies
F U Ne X S V F X
its a long story:isadizzy:
zkWMcRlE1mQ
H

Chacha
December 2nd, 2009, 17:42
x = ex-, formerly
x = experimental
x = unknown ("the x-factor")
x = xtreme

To Add:

Extraordinary! :ernae:

djscoo
December 2nd, 2009, 18:02
I say "ex"

By the way, that was hilarious Henry!:applause:

IanP
December 3rd, 2009, 04:59
I keep quoting that Two Ronnies sketch at people and they look at me as if I'm from another planet. Glad to see someone else finds it amusing. :ernae:

Henry
December 3rd, 2009, 05:42
I keep quoting that Two Ronnies sketch at people and they look at me as if I'm from another planet. Glad to see someone else finds it amusing. :ernae:
thats why i had to find the clip
too complicated to explain
i get a lot of people who think im from a different planet
but i have my alien card:guinness:
good job they didnt have fsz
would it be zee zed or 26?
H

Zommoz
December 3rd, 2009, 09:39
FS has indeed kicked the bucket, shuffled off its mortal coil, has run down the coil and joined the bleedin' choir invisible '. It is an EX Flight Simulator

No, no! ...it's just pining for the fjords!

boxcar
December 3rd, 2009, 12:11
... x

Henry
December 3rd, 2009, 12:33
LOL
thats true
H

mfitch
December 3rd, 2009, 12:39
"Flight Sim 10" It has never occurred to me to stumble through "F" "S" "X" or "10." Of course it is possible to pronounce FSX but that is really stretching the diction skills.

scoutII
December 3rd, 2009, 12:59
X - When it's running bad - expensive,exhausting,x(bleeping bleep)!!

and when it's all good - extraordinary,exhilarating,exceptional!!

Javis
December 3rd, 2009, 14:45

Pining for the fjords ???!! What kinda talk is that ??!! This flight simulator is no more ! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory.

Nice bird,Zommoz. Lovely plumage ! :)

cheers,
Mr.Praline

Javis
December 3rd, 2009, 15:23
lol Jan, Now that I think about it, maybe it was a freudian slip by MS to name it FSX? A harbinger of things to (not) come? Although I'm not too sure that referring to it as 'icks' is much better since, as an english-speaking person, that sounds too much like 'icky' (disgusting, gross) to me lol.

Hehe, maybe, but what about Stevie Nicks, Jacky Ickx then, to name just two.... No 'icky' relationship around these two, is there ?..... Of the top of my dutch cheese head you've also got six, fix, mix, kicks, licks, pics, ticks, tricks, so it's not like 'our X = icks' is unknown to you. Just a matter of getting used to...... But like i said, too late now anyway.... ;)

Here in Holland ( known for its cheese, tulips, windmills, cloggs, and since 1988 for its vast community of FS fans ) you'll never hear somebody speak of 'FS EX' , always 'FS ICKS' ( F and S pronounced exactly like you do )

Maybe it wasn't a freudian and MS had been waiting all along for the moment they could call the next iteration of FS 'X' as in 'Ex'.... and be done with it. :)

cheers,
Jan