PDA

View Full Version : Any color = Black

dandog
December 1st, 2009, 19:18
Hello. Due to all of this low and slow talk, I've dusted off the ol' Pietenpol Air Camper for some low altitude cruising. It has a Ford engine. Even says Ford on the tail. Well, I thought you could get a Ford in ANY color you want, as long as it is BLACK. Any black repaints? I have not found one.

OBIO
December 1st, 2009, 19:49
The only repaints that I know of for the Air Camper were done by Leon Louis....and I'm not sure if any of them were black. You can find the repaints on Flightsim.com....may take you a bit to scroll through the hundreds and hundreds of files that Leon uploaded to Flightsim....he was one very productive painter and scenery maker.

OBIO

OBIO
December 1st, 2009, 22:40
dandog

You went and did it....mentioned a plane I haven't flown in a while, so I go and fire it up and decide that it really needs some skin work. So, I have had the Air Camper in Photoshop giving the plane some added details and some tin-work around the nose and cockpit openings....some polished metal in those areas really dresses the old gal up.

I wish the plane was not so heavily mirrored and did not rely on the mystical magical placement of the registration codes. There were some really really neat looking Air Campers that I found pics of, but with the mirrored texturing I can not apply them to the plane fully. And those sim placed registration codes are all pixelated and ugly....so much so that I am thinking about removing them and flying without codes...or simply placing them on the rudder only.

Will do a bit more work on the Air Camper while I siphon 25 gallons of water from my 30 gallon aquarium, then clean the glass and decor, then work on the Air Camper a bit more while the tank fills back up.....the fish will be happy with clean fresh water and I will have about 15 minutes to slap some paint on the itty bitty plane.

Oh, I did find a pic of an Air Camper in black and orange..looks nice...but I will have to thin it down due to the mirrored texturing.

OBIO

dandog
December 2nd, 2009, 08:51
I don't know much of anything about repainting. I did try on this one and had the same mirroring problem. Thanks for looking at it. Any eye candy you can provide is surely appreciated.

Thanks