PDA

View Full Version : Audi for the year 2030...

Lionheart
November 30th, 2009, 13:34
Hey all,

I found this online last night. Thought I would post it before I seal it into my photo archives.

This is a wild Audi concept car for the year 2030. The vehicle looks extremely real, so I cannot really tell if its computer generated or if they made a full scale mockup.

I would think that the fenders bend when in turns or negotiating with rough terrain.

Personally, I like it. I designed something similar years ago when I was a kid, but wasnt as exotic as this. I love the doors and top glass area. The fenders are a bit iffy, but from the side, its HOT baby.... HOT!!!!

Bill

d0mokun
November 30th, 2009, 14:13
That's CG.

Hopefully by the time that comes around, Audi dealerships will be versed in Customer Service!

;)

Dan.

kilo delta
November 30th, 2009, 14:33
Pahhh....give me an old Ur-quattro any day! :wiggle:

:bump:

GT182
November 30th, 2009, 14:46
I like it. Driver is in the center up front and da wife sits behind, possibly with 2 others. But then again she's still in control.... she just reaches up and pops ya one on the noggin from behind. :173go1: 3 seats back there; for the wife, mother and mother-in-law...... damn backseat drivers. Ya can't win.

Now make that car with the driver sitting up higher and behind 3 seats in front and you've got the perfect automobile..... the driver is in control. :d

Bjoern
November 30th, 2009, 16:40
Note to self: Become CEO of Audi, then fire designing team.

Piglet
November 30th, 2009, 17:16
like it. Driver is in the center up front and da wife sits behind, possibly with 2 others. But then again she's still in control.... she just reaches up and pops ya one on the noggin from behind.
That what pick-up trucks are for! You and the dog in the cab, the in-law and the rest, out back!
The Audi in "I, Robot" was cooler looking...

FengZ
November 30th, 2009, 17:38
hmmm....don't know about this one. Looks more like a film prop than an actual car. It lacks all the strong elements which identify it to be Audi. If you take the 4 rings away, you can't tell the make of it (which is not typical of German cars).

I love Audi by the way. You can tell by my garage :) I need a R8!

Just had dinner w/ Chris Bangle the other day too. He was the head designer for BMW for the past 17 years! Responsible for some of the coolest BMWs...they are so sexy these days. What an accomplishment...

-feng

Wing_Z
November 30th, 2009, 20:38
...I would think that the fenders bend when in turns or negotiating with rough terrain...

Face of Audi 2030...well, you'd expect it to look a little different!
Designers have to lead us into these things over a loong period of time, otherwise, like Bangle's shock therapy "flame surfacing" they get ridiculed in the marketplace.
I like this one, and I'd also hope the fenders flex - to direct the plasma drive efflux around the bends! :d

grunau_baby
December 1st, 2009, 04:30
Mmmmhhhh! Audi design just keeps boring me! To much tech-show-off. I stille like those better, and keep in mind they are 50 years old by now:

Alex

PS: where did Audi hide them wheels, I want beautifull wheels!

Bjoern
December 1st, 2009, 08:25
Just had dinner w/ Chris Bangle the other day too. He was the head designer for BMW for the past 17 years! Responsible for some of the coolest BMWs...they are so sexy these days. What an accomplishment...

They may be easily recognizable, but cool or sexy? Nah. Though most of the current designs are easier on the eyes than Bangle's early 2000s tries.

kilo delta
December 1st, 2009, 08:35
They may be easily recognizable, but cool or sexy? Nah. Though most of the current designs are easier on the eyes than Bangle's early 2000s tries.

I dunno....the E60 five series has kind of grown on me, still unsure about the Z4 and 6 series however.

MaddogK
December 1st, 2009, 08:58
I dunno....the E60 five series has kind of grown on me, still unsure about the Z4 and 6 series however.

The 6 series is sex on wheels.:cool:

Am still crying about no funds to buy a Z8 when they were still in production.

Lionheart
December 1st, 2009, 09:38
Ive been really impressed with Audi lately. Some excellent designs. You have to realise that the Germans are 'conservative' so for their designs to be radical and different, they also have to look distinguished in a conservative way, like a good suit. (Kind of hard to describe, totally different from say Pontiac).

The Audi grille being super huge was a first and now many like Chrysler use that theme. (I was sketching that 2 years before Audi started doing it, lol.. arrgh). Their windows (sides) and rear trunk lines are also their own and look pretty sharp. They have some very cool rides out.

Feng,

Man.. That is pretty wild, having dinner with that person. You must know him from ACCD. Incredible how many hot shots are born from that awesome campus. That Six series is a beauty. Their theme called Chaos.. I am glad they dont use that alot. I thought it was a bit odd for BMW. Like making their 'business suit lines' crooked, one sleeve longer then the other. Didnt appear refined to me. But thats my own opinion. I try not to be a critic.

Back to the 2030 Audi, I wonder if it is a prop.. It appears to have no wheels and just sitting on those fenders. Might be a huge plastic mockup, lol.. Wouldnt that be fun to do, easily create giant fake cars that are lite weight...

Bill