PDA

View Full Version : Another WIP

falcon409
November 29th, 2009, 08:06
I was flying from Dillingham to Ford Island and passed by this airport. I was never impressed with the default and especially the traffic that drives over the end of the rwy, lol.

Once again I was amazed that the tile server was generous enough to give me a nice hi-res image to work with.

NoNewMessages
November 29th, 2009, 08:55
Once again I was amazed that the tile server was generous enough to give me a nice hi-res image to work with.

Maybe because it's the holiday season?

You "used" to be able to get level 18 in Virtual Earth / Bing, now I think they have capped it at 16. If you need better, let me know as I have 30cm source for the island. Biggest thing would be finding it amongst 14 DVDs... :isadizzy:

Mithrin
November 29th, 2009, 11:05
Oooh that's going to be nice. Good to have some extra scenery on that island!

scottmm73
November 29th, 2009, 11:06
Good ol' WAAF (Wheeler Army Airfield). I worked there for 7 years, from 2000-2008, of course a couple were spent in Afghanistan and Iraq. Must say though, nice to see the sat image is pretty current with the new hangar there, however, all our 47Ds and 60s are missing must have been shot when we were on one of our deployments. The "gorge" to the right of the pic was also an old runway, it must have been interesting back in the day to takeoff from there. Ran that hill (the road to the "gorge") many a times during PT.