PDA

View Full Version : What are these?

djscoo
November 28th, 2009, 18:18
The other day I noticed pink specks floating across my screen as I was flying. At first it looked like a screwed up lens flare, so I turned that off and kept flying. Later I noticed it again so I took a few screenshots and forgot about it.
Well, today I was flying the new Lancaster for the fist time, and I saw the things again. This time I got a better look at them. They follow the aircraft approximately 1000 feet below, and are 3 dimensional. There are two of them, and they stay a fixed distance apart, and move with the aircraft. The best way to describe them is a bomb shape...a sphere with a short cylindrical protrusion on one side. I changed aircraft, and they're still there.

harleyman
November 28th, 2009, 18:22
Alien spacecraft......?

No clue actually...

flaviossa
November 28th, 2009, 18:37
Wow.... first evidence of life from another planet in FS!!!
They´re among us already!!!!!! Run!!!! :running:

Serious now: Maybe an effect with a bad texture?

simkid22
November 28th, 2009, 19:39
Do you have sim_probe for ridge lift? That's what my current assumption is, but I wouldn't mind knowing for sure.

djscoo
November 28th, 2009, 19:41
Do you have sim_probe for ridge lift? That's what my current assumption is, but I wouldn't mind knowing for sure.
Yes, I do. Are those a part of it?

paiken
November 28th, 2009, 20:32
Foo Fighters!!!

limjack
November 28th, 2009, 22:09
Male plane?

alx
November 28th, 2009, 22:35
Hehehe...

2012 is coming... also for flight sim... :pop4:

Daube
November 29th, 2009, 01:33

Same problem here !
Although it seems to me the problem was occuring already before the installation of SimProbe... but that's quite a long time ago, I may be wrong...

jetstreamsky
November 29th, 2009, 06:58
I've seen these little purple parachutes too, they seem to exist at high altitude, now that sim-probe isn't needed since cumulsx 1.5, perhaps they'll go away, if indeed that was causing it.