PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Mk.IIC by Robert Sanderson

OleBoy
November 28th, 2009, 15:22
The file seems to be missing from the archive. Does anyone have it?

Dangerousdave26
November 28th, 2009, 15:38
Its at Simviation also

Tom Clayton
November 28th, 2009, 15:41
Or at Flightsim:
Edit - not the right file...
Edit 2 - http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=Robert%20Sanderson#download

The only Hurricane file that didn't work was for the IIC.

OleBoy
November 28th, 2009, 16:30
Thanks for the replies gents. I'll try Simviation. Fingers crossed

Edit 2 = The requested URL /soh_ftp/fs2k4/Hurricane_IIC.zip was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

huub vink
November 28th, 2009, 16:42
Thanks for the replies gents. I'll try Simviation. Fingers crossed

Edit 2 = The requested URL /soh_ftp/fs2k4/Hurricane_IIC.zip was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I should have it somewhere on CD. As it is already past bedtime here, I will take a look tomorrow.

About the repaints: Mike "CYUL" Flahault made a very nice package for the Mk.IIa version. There are available here: => link (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=6355) <=. And I have checked: The link still works :d

Cheers,
Huub

dogknot
November 28th, 2009, 16:50
I have it as well, Don. Check your PM's.

OleBoy
November 28th, 2009, 17:01
Huub, Dognkot, Thanks. Really. I was beginning to think it was not available as no one was responding.

DangerousDave, thanks to you also.

PM received, and greatly appreciated Dogknot :)

Dangerousdave26
November 28th, 2009, 17:13
Sorry about that Ole Boy

The IIC is not at simviation like I thought it was.

When you search Simvee don't search the file name there server will not under stand it.

I usually search key words by author if I can.

OleBoy
November 28th, 2009, 17:37
No harm done Dave. You tried. I appreciate any and all help. The more there are looking, the better chance we got to find what it is. I like that about the members here :)

Like I thought, the Mk.IIC is a keeper. It's got a few issues (too shiny & appears to be a few textures missing (interior, LG bays) but it is a keeper for sure :)

Thanks again to all.

And...Thank You Mr. Sanderson for allowing me to enjoy your magnificent workmanship :medals:

Pictures below

http://img403.imageshack.us/g/2009nov29037.jpg/

WarHorse47
November 28th, 2009, 19:21
OleBoy.. Check your PMs.

3rd time is the charm. :ernae:

--WH

OleBoy
November 28th, 2009, 21:00
Your efforts are appreciated WarHorse....oh my!! PM's received. Thank You

Very funny I got your PM by the way. I was flying off the coast of Washington (Ocean Shores) and decided to hang a left over Grays Harbor up the valley, headed North. I was flying over Mud Bay and noticed the Olympia airport to my right. That must have been you with the beam of light coming from the ground as I passed over. I continued the trek and landed at McChord AFB to get out and stretch my legs. I took off headed South, swung around and continued North to go home. I got about 18 miles SW of KSEA and the engine died. Tried everything I could think of to get her fired up. No deal. I was going down powerless in search of somewhere to land. The tip of the left wing hit a building and tore it to pieces. I was fortunate to walk away. Back to the hanger for me, and the plane for much needed repair :kilroy:

It was an excellent flight up till then. Great aircraft!! Well,....it was anyway:monkies:

And NO, I ain't showin ya the damages!!

WarHorse47
November 28th, 2009, 21:05
So, that was you rattling my windows earlier. :icon_lol:

Sounds like you could have done a deadstick near Tacoma Narrows.

Glad you got things straightened out with the Hurricane.

--WH

OleBoy
November 28th, 2009, 21:13
Funny, when I saw your location, I had to get on google to have a look see. Cause I knew I saw KOLM,,, somewhere!! Makes me laugh after I looked!!

huub vink
November 29th, 2009, 04:12
As it is not available anywhere else, I asume the Sim-Outhouse is the only place where the Mk.IIC was ever uploaded. As the link is currently dead, there is no way to get this model anymore. Therefore I have uploaded the original file and asked Douglas to put it back in its place.

Cheers,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/upload_MkIIC.jpg

Tom Clayton
November 29th, 2009, 04:39
Thanks Huub!

Bomber_12th
November 29th, 2009, 07:54
Thank you Huub!

Cees Donker
November 29th, 2009, 08:23
As it is not available anywhere else, I asume the Sim-Outhouse is the only place where the Mk.IIC was ever uploaded. As the link is currently dead, there is no way to get this model anymore. Therefore I have uploaded the original file and asked Douglas to put it back in its place.

Cheers,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/upload_MkIIC.jpg

That's great! Thanks!

Cees

OBIO
November 29th, 2009, 08:31
The IIc is downloadable again...thanks Huub!!!

OBIO

OleBoy
November 29th, 2009, 08:56
Thanks Huub, and Douglas.

I've just one comment. And it concerns the library here.

Many files are missing.

I finally figured out that, if there is no picture, there are no files. Dead link.

I've noticed it more often than not. The book I want is checked out.

But the last person who did so, never returned it.

One heck of a chore to fix. But recall a topic concerning this where members here offered the help to get the files back in place. What happened?

Bomber_12th
November 29th, 2009, 09:04
OleBoy, don't go by the missing pictures as a definite answer. For example, while a few of my uploads are no longer available, most are, even though the photos on mainly all of them are long gone.

smilo
November 29th, 2009, 09:18
call it over amp
so much was lost, that the task is close to overwhelming.
just for a second or two, consider all of the sims covered at SOH
then consider the task of replacing files for each sim
which, by the way, may not be available to the Staff.
thankfully, we have people who posses some of the files
and are more than willing to share them with us all.
as I see it, when we want a file and discover that the link is dead,
all we need to do is pipe up, ask and it will be made available.
but, as I see it, patience is the key.

now, about that flight from open sores to Olympia and beyond.
I've got to say that I'm a little miffed
that you didn't take the time to tour the Northern Peninsula.
I mean, jeez, you could have stopped by for a cup of coffee and a scone.

thanks for Sequiming...or not :icon_lol:

OleBoy
November 29th, 2009, 09:32
thankfully, we have people who posses some of the files
and are more than willing to share them with us all.
as I see it, when we want a file and discover that the link is dead,
all we need to do is pipe up, ask and it will be made available.
but, as I see it, patience is the key.

now, about that flight from open sores to Olympia and beyond.
I've got to say that I'm a little miffed
that you didn't take the time to tour the Northern Peninsula.
I mean, jeez, you could have stopped by for a cup of coffee and a scone.

thanks for Sequiming...or not :icon_lol:

I can relate. I know the library is a vast cave. My asking,,,worked.

Open Sores. Should I, clap? (pun intended) The only town to test the suspension on your vehicle the whole time you're there!!! And FREE!!

As far as the rest of the flight. I started from Bremerton Intl. West to the coast, left turn and headed down the coast. If my ride had a stayed in the air, I intended on making the loop and landing where I could along the way.

On another topic, I fly VFR. I don't know where to begin trying to fly by instruments. Not to mention use the GPS. I look at the panel and say, Yep....they's sure look perty, and fire it up.:icon_lol:

huub vink
November 29th, 2009, 10:10
No need to thank me, it was a small effort as I already have a userid which is authorised to make uploads. I guess it was more work for Douglas.

There are many files still in the library which don't have a picture anymore. But I think you can say when there is a picture there is a file and when there isn't a file there is definitely not a picture as well.

Cheers,
Huub

bpfowler
November 29th, 2009, 10:15
anybody here really live in sequim? ferry ride to the peninsula for me in RL.

smilo
November 29th, 2009, 10:40
yup,
actually, 3 miles east
on the hill above John Wayne Marina

if I knew how to do scenery,
I'd build it so I could tie up my Beaver.