PDA

View Full Version : FenceBuilder Pro released today !

Francois
November 27th, 2009, 10:30
Hi everyody, we've released FenceBuilder Pro by Don Grovestine today. Some of you may have seen an early version on FSDeveloper.com some months ago. Well, this here is the full system.

It actually BUILDS walls, fences, hedges and anything else to throw at it in terms of 'segmented' scenery objects. The fences hug the terrain profile!

It also does more mundaine things such as placing objects, effects and sounds...

For all you (would-be) scenery designers out there... ! :wavey:

Available from simMarket (http://secure.simmarket.com/fsaddon-fencebuilder-pro.phtml)and tomorrow from our own web site.

MCDesigns
November 27th, 2009, 10:58
Thanks Francois, looks like a pretty neat program. :ernae:

JIMJAM
November 27th, 2009, 11:00
Ive been waiting for a program where I can make my own dirt/grass strips. I can line the runways with objects to create a outline but I need a way to put a texture on the ground to actually create a strip.
It would be fun to create your own cargo bush routes. Hint Hint....

IanP
November 27th, 2009, 11:08
You can just use Schruffyduck's Airport Design Editor (ADE) or one of the umpteen other airport design tools to create bush airstrips, JIMJAM... That bit's easy!

I'll probably pick this one up next week. It looks like it could possibly solve one of the issues I was dreading most with a scenery I've been occasionally poking at. :applause:

Dain Arns
November 27th, 2009, 11:09
Even putting in powerlines at that are obstacles at a lot of small airports, these days, would add to the challenge and realism factor. :kilroy:

JoeW
November 27th, 2009, 11:13
I'll be standing in line for this one.

calypsos
November 27th, 2009, 13:38
Anyone fancy putting the Berlin Wall back!!!

It looks very nice but as I (along with most scenery people) do everything freeware, 20 euros is something that has to be thought about. Those that would get the benefit (the end users) do not like paying anything.

Still I shall have a think, DC-2 or fence builder next month...hmmm.

jdhaenens
November 27th, 2009, 13:39
Me too Joe, but it looks like I may have to ****.

dexthom
November 27th, 2009, 14:32
It sure makes placing sounds in FSX very easy!

GaryGB
November 28th, 2009, 04:42
Hi Francois:

Congratulations on the launch of this innovative product, which makes some cumbersome aspects of FS scenery building so much easier and fun to do! :applause:

FenceBuilder Pro is a "must-have" for both beginners and advanced scenery designers alike, IMHO... ;)

GaryGB

Francois
December 1st, 2009, 01:11
Thanks for the encouraging reactions everybody. I'll tell Don :-)

I am using it myself to build 'drop zones' for the upcoming Lysander Operations ... works a dream (especially now that I wrote the 'Quick Start Guide' myself.... I needed that ! *grin*).

calypsos
December 1st, 2009, 05:02
Can it make 'realistic' rustic hedges?

If so I might have to buy it:icon_lol:, the ones on the screenshots look to me like walls with green textures? I so hate placing MS bushes in a line!!!

Francois
December 1st, 2009, 05:10
Sure, it can build anything you throw at it. Of course you'll have to make a model of a hedge segment first. Don is a programmer, not a graphics artist. But in essence the program can build any long row of any segmented scenery object... hedges, pile lines, ski lifts, lamp posts..... we are looking to have more objects designed for us, but don't let that stop you ;-)

MCDesigns
December 1st, 2009, 05:39
Francois, can this be used for commercial projects as well?

I just finished placing some custom grass objects along a runway and realized this might be what I need since lining up those objects was a complete PITA

Francois
December 1st, 2009, 05:48
Hi Mike, yup, no problem. The program produces .bgl files that you can use as you please.

falcon409
December 1st, 2009, 06:33
Francois, can this be used for commercial projects as well?
I just finished placing some custom grass objects along a runway and realized this might be what I need since lining up those objects was a complete PITA
Michael, where did you find the grass or is it something you designed yourself?

MCDesigns
December 1st, 2009, 06:40
It's mine Ed, I only use my own libraries and the default.

Thanks Francois!

falcon409
December 1st, 2009, 07:16
rog.

LTCSZ
December 1st, 2009, 09:02
Does the program come with some "generic" walls, hedges, barriers, lamp posts, edge markers, etc., or does the user actually have to design all objects? Thanks,

Steve in Kansas

Francois
December 1st, 2009, 10:15
Hi Steve,

of course we've included a couple of objects for you :-) All the examples you see on the product page (wired fence, walls, hedges) are included and ready to use. 7 in total I think.

Apart from those 'row segments' you can also use ANY effect, object or sound with it. These come ready as default with FSX and FS9.
In addition you can use any object from other freeware sources (and even payware sources) for placing. Just be careful when possibly 'selling' your results. They may not contain copyrighted objects.

Kind regards,
Francois

LTCSZ
December 1st, 2009, 10:37
Thanks for the reply Francois...So, as I understand it, I could use the stock FSX lamp post to make a row of lamp posts, or any existing object, such as traffic cones, to make a line of them...Sounds good to me!

Steve

Francois
December 1st, 2009, 10:42
Yup, absolutely correct. Same with lights to border your grass strips or runways or streets. You can choose to make 1 row, or three, or two, vary the length and number of items in it, the width between the rows etc.

You can make an orchard in one blow planting hundreds of trees for instance!

Here's the Quick Start Guide (http://online.simmarket.com/fsaddon/FenceBuilderQuick-StartManual.pdf) to give you some idea.