PDA

View Full Version : Couple Elopes

JoeW
November 27th, 2009, 02:51
This from AOPA:
Couple elopes at Summit

After a seven-hour engagement, Glenn Plymate and Irene Bolam exchange vows on the tarmac at Peter O. Knight Airport in front of the Lockheed 12A Electra Junior that played a role in the movie Amelia—a fitting setting for the couple, who met because of a mutual interest in the legendary aviatrix. Watch AOPA Live >> (http://www.aopa.org/summit/news/2009/091106wedding.html?WT.mc_id=091127epilot&WT.mc_sect=gan)

harleyman
November 27th, 2009, 03:09
Thats a great story with at least one happy ending....:applause:

cheezyflier
November 27th, 2009, 03:14
well, i'm glad they took marriage seriously enough to consider all the ramifications...for seven whole hours

Dain Arns
November 27th, 2009, 05:53
well, i'm glad they took marriage seriously enough to consider all the ramifications...for seven whole hours

Article is misleading since it makes it sound like they just met at this event and decided to get hitched, at the start of it.

Both are widowed. They had common interests and 'met' via the Amelia disappearance monument in Hawaii. They actually had been communicating with each other for months via email and phone. Then they were dating, and met each others fully grown kids. So it sounds like both had been discussing marriage already prior to this. They just decided to get married at that breakfast event because they didn't want to be separated anymore. Thus the seven hour engagement. I think it's kinda sweet. :applause:

Wasn't a drunken Britney Spears quickie marriage in Vegas kinda scenario... :icon_lol:

Craig Taylor
November 27th, 2009, 09:48
To paraphrase what someone once said in a movie, "When you realize that you want to spend the rest of your life together, you want that to start as soon as possible..." :applause:

Dain Arns
November 27th, 2009, 11:17
To paraphrase what someone once said in a movie, "When you realize that you want to spend the rest of your life together, you want that to start as soon as possible..." :applause:

"When Harry Met Sally"... :)