PDA

View Full Version : haven't been around, causing trouble :)

FengZ
November 25th, 2009, 08:02
hey everyone,

Thought i post this topic here to spark some interest. For the past 3 days, I've been a guest speaker and designer at this year's ICSID design congress. The goal of this show was to design a "greener" planet for the year 2050.

Nine very established designers from all over the world (such as head of BMW, Foster Architecture (the london egg building), Philips, etc) were suppose to tackle this topic. I was one of the 9. Anyways, maybe you guys will find the following article intesting:

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/NussbaumOnDesign/

it's good to be back home at SOH :)

-feng

GT182
November 25th, 2009, 08:10
Good to have you back Feng. :ernae:

lifejogger
November 25th, 2009, 08:16
Interesting article, that is quite a honor to be one of the 9 speakers at the convention.

Chacha
November 25th, 2009, 08:26
A big applause to you FengZ! :applause: :applause: :applause:

..and welcome back to SOH!

Quote:

It was embarrassing when someone on the stage asked if he was a “student” after Feng Zhu asked his question. All the Singaporeans in the audience recognized him.

I would not blame him, you look very very very young! (This is when you say: don't judge a book by it's cover)... You made a big impact there Feng, congratulations!

I hope the meeting/workshop/convention was a success! :engel016:

Lionheart
November 25th, 2009, 11:05
Welcome back Feng,

Man.. Sounds like that was awesome fun..

We fail to sometimes see how easy somethings might be for restoration of Earth.. For instance, if we are using up oxygen on the Earth, creating greenhouse effects with carbon monoxides, why not simply design fuels that would reverse the damage to the Earths atmosphere.

If we have a ozone depletion in the atmosphere, why not create a fuel for airliners that would seed some ozone back in high atmosphere..

This way, daily, we could be rebuilding the atmo instead of damaging it..

Not just recycling, but strategic rebuilding of elements.

If only you could create a mcdonalds hamburger container to form into a tree (seed) when you through it away, lol... We'd have a rain forest in Los Angeles, lolol..

Bill

Wing_Z
November 25th, 2009, 11:38
Put your feet up, relax...;)

Actually I'm a bit surprised that there is such a perceived split on consumerism/post-consumerism.

Why should the emerging markets make the same environmental mistakes that western countries did over the past century?
The industrial revolutions that powered those economies were based on 19th century technology.
We have better tools available today.
The biggest "industry" on the planet at present involves reduction of CO2.
When Silicon Valley Venture Capital gets involved, you know it's Big Business.

Some heavy hitters at that conference, too...what's Chris Bangle doing now, post-BMW?

cheezyflier
November 25th, 2009, 13:23
nice going feng! :applause:

question:

why can't there be some sort of compromise for the developing nations who want "stuff". would their "stuff" being greener be better than if it wasn't?
seems unfair somehow that they wouldn't get to have their turn at the table of plenty.