PDA

View Full Version : Is it a coincidence that.

SteveB
November 24th, 2009, 05:14
Whilst painting up some schemes for Piglets Storch, I get diagnosed as having caught swine flu ?

Maarten -
November 24th, 2009, 05:34
Get well soon, Steve.

Cheers,
Maarten

TomSteber
November 24th, 2009, 05:41
Been there, done that.
Worst part for me was the body aches.
Lasted about a week.

huub vink
November 24th, 2009, 06:11
Steve,

Thanks for the beautful Storch repaints! And perhaps you should be happy your health has been affected by piglet and not by the aircraft, as in my country the Storch brings something totally different ;)

Get well soon!
Huub

http://www.vliegenzwam.nl/htmldocs/Beeld/ooievaar-1.jpg

edmoore235
November 24th, 2009, 07:06
Steve,
Get well soonest! Thanks for the extra Storch Repaints, they are just great! Take care.

Ed :applause:

SteveB
November 24th, 2009, 07:48
Steve,

Thanks for the beautful Storch repaints! And perhaps you should be happy your health has been affected by piglet and not by the aircraft, as in my country the Storch brings something totally different ;)

Get well soon!
Huub

http://www.vliegenzwam.nl/htmldocs/Beeld/ooievaar-1.jpg

Now that would be worrying, from now on i'll never fly the storch again unless I am wearing protection. :icon_lol:

SteveB
November 24th, 2009, 07:56
Heres another storch I have been passing the time with.

Cazzie
November 24th, 2009, 08:51
Dang SteveB

Take your meds and rest. The largest problem with swine flu is not the flu itself, but its potential to turn into pneumonia. So good it's diagnosed early.

Caz

Terry
November 24th, 2009, 08:59
Whilst painting up some schemes for Piglets Storch, I get diagnosed as having caught swine flu ?

You should have paid attention to this photo of piglet that was posted a while back!

huub vink
November 24th, 2009, 09:12
As you are most probably going nowhere these days, I thought I could make another request......
As you have the basic camo it shouldn't be much work ;), otherwise I wouldn't have asked.

Its not a nightfighter version of the Storch, but a Storch used by the Stab from Nachtjagdgeschwader 1.

Cheers and get better soon!
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Storch_NJ1jpg.jpg

SteveB
November 24th, 2009, 11:12
I'm on it mate. Should have it done in a few hours.

Steve

SteveB
November 24th, 2009, 14:09
And there is a Romanian 1947 scheme. They carried both civil and mil markings to get around the peace treaty restrictions, which limited the number of military aircraft.

Ferry_vO
November 24th, 2009, 14:23
Its not a nightfighter version of the Storch, but a Storch used by the Stab from Nachtjagdgeschwader 1.

That's a good enough reason to reinstall the Storch! :applause:

Get well soon Steve!

huub vink
November 24th, 2009, 14:25
I'm on it mate. Should have it done in a few hours.

Steve

Thanks, as the British bombers came from England, which is west from my country, and went to Germany, which is east from my country, the Nachtjagd was very active in this area.

As the German nachtjagd has several bases in the Netherlands, I assume this aircraft must have been frequently seen aircraft in our skies.......

That's a good enough reason to reinstall the Storch! :applause:

Hey Ferry, I knew you would like it as well. I guess it had its home base at Deelen or Venlo.

Cheers,
Huub

Ferry_vO
November 24th, 2009, 14:51
Hey Ferry, I knew you would like it as well. I guess it had its home base at Deelen or Venlo.

Probably, but to know for sure I will have to look through about 800 pages of the 'Nachtjagd diaries' and see if I can find some info or a photo.. ;)

(We need more nachtjagd aircraft for FS and some good scenery btw but that's a whole different topic.. :monkies: )

edmoore235
November 25th, 2009, 02:36
The pics below are of General E. Rommel's Storch, 5F+K. Has it been done already ?

SteveB
November 25th, 2009, 08:10
Hi Ed, that colour scheme is very suspiciously confused on its markings, Rommel in Afrika wouldn't have had a yellow theatre band on the fuselage, that is the eastern front theatre marking. I will look into Rommels storch and get back too you.

Steve

huub vink
November 25th, 2009, 09:25
Hasegawa released a special Rommel version of the Storch a while back. According to them Rommel used several Fi-156s

The Fi-167 C-3 with registration 5F + Yk from 2.(H)/Aufkl.Gr. 14 (with a nice colourful Eidelweiß on the nose and sometimes with a red "Y"and sometimes with a black "Y").
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/stoch_rommel.jpg

http://www.rlm.at/archiv/arch02/kennzeichen1_e.jpg

The Fi-156 C3 with registration TH + HF from Flugzeugführerschule A/B 33. However I could not find any proof this unit was ever stationed in Africa.

And the Fi-156 (C7 with werknummer W.Nr.110504 according to Luftwaffe-experten) with registration CB + VD from which I don't know the unit.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/2_4_b1.jpg

Cheers,
Huub

huub vink
November 25th, 2009, 10:16
and the real thing:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KezhQ6waZT0/SktCboJCC_I/AAAAAAAARo0/Vl9hvoQRI2c/s320/asdfrt.jpg

SteveB
November 25th, 2009, 11:51
I went digging through my books and came up with this so far.

edmoore235
November 25th, 2009, 12:23
Gee Steve, that sure looks like the right one (smile), with a white band and a RED Y..... Hmmm, do you have this repaint in your spray booth? Thanks in advance.

Ed :jump:

huub vink
November 25th, 2009, 12:38
I went digging through my books and came up with this so far.

Looks good Steve, you have two files in your hotmail mailbox. I'm afraid I'm too late, but perhaps they can be of any use.

There will be another file later this evening.

Cheers,
Huub

SteveB
November 25th, 2009, 13:17
Looks good Steve, you have two files in your hotmail mailbox. I'm afraid I'm too late, but perhaps they can be of any use.

There will be another file later this evening.

Cheers,
Huub

Cheers Huub got them, I had already done a plain sand 5F+VK from the same unit so i used that as a base to do the Rommel scheme.

Steve

huub vink
November 25th, 2009, 15:59
Cheers Huub got them, I had already done a plain sand 5F+VK from the same unit so i used that as a base to do the Rommel scheme.

Steve

Yep I know the plain sand one, I only didn't realise it had the "Edelweiss" on the bonnet as well.

Cheers,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/stoch_rommel-1.jpg

Oglivie
November 25th, 2009, 20:07
I have one (slight) repaint I finished a couple days ago, an Fi 156C-5 that was supposedly stationed in France 1942-43. However, I haven't approval yet to upload the tank (for CFS2) with it so may leave the tank off and just upload the skin. The C-5 had a centerline hardpoint for a 45 liter tank or camera pod and probably other types of equipment.

edmoore235
November 25th, 2009, 22:08
Steve,
The 5F+YK repaint is FANTASTIC, looks like the real deal! Was the camo difficult to paint? It looks like a lot of work. Really great work that you do Sir. Have a great week, hope your flu is gone and your feeling better.

SteveB
November 26th, 2009, 05:22
Steve,
The 5F+YK repaint is FANTASTIC, looks like the real deal! Was the camo difficult to paint? It looks like a lot of work. Really great work that you do Sir. Have a great week, hope your flu is gone and your feeling better.

There is a prob with texture pull on the top of the fuselage which is causing a few cammo probs, the cammo is pulled and looks like a straight line. I'm hoping to have it done for the weekend. There will be another 5 paint schemes uploaded.

Steve

PeteHam
November 26th, 2009, 11:00

I hope you get better very quickly Steve.

Now I tell ya something about coincidence ........

12 days of Christmas ..... 12 bottles in a case

How's that for coincidence :icon_lol:

Pete.

SteveB
November 27th, 2009, 09:08
I hope you get better very quickly Steve.

Now I tell ya something about coincidence ........

12 days of Christmas ..... 12 bottles in a case

How's that for coincidence :icon_lol:

Pete.

Only 12 bottles ? what do you do for the other 11 days ? :icon_lol:

These paints will be uploaded over the next 24 hours.

Steve

edmoore235
November 27th, 2009, 10:02
Hip Hip, Hooray! Hip Hip, Hooray! What a great Xmas gift from SteveB to all of us!! Thanks.

Ed

Lionheart
November 27th, 2009, 11:06
Some awesome paint schemes Steve! Very nice..

I love the desert camo with the green lines the most.

Sorry to hear you have H1N1. May you heal quickly and without any problems.

I have been fighting what I thought was a cold. Its been in my body now for a week. Very weak, almost like a cold but not as bad, so I cant think its the swine flu. (More like bad allergies).

Bill

huub vink
November 27th, 2009, 16:04
Looking forward to them Steve!

Thanks,
Huub

Oglivie
November 28th, 2009, 10:19
Thanks Steve! Looking very good!

I hope you get over the flu and feeling better soon.

Cheers,
O

SteveB
November 29th, 2009, 07:14
I have uploaded 6 schemes, thought I would do a quick Polish Civil Reg.

SteveB
November 29th, 2009, 07:31
I forgot too say that the Luftwaffe paints have a new pilot uniform from Huub vink, my brain is on holiday, sorry Huub:isadizzy:

Steve

edmoore235
November 29th, 2009, 11:28
Steve, again, thank you for ALL of your repaints - these last SIX are really a Holiday bonus! How are doing with the Flu bug ? Much better I hope.... take care Steve.

Ed

SteveB
November 29th, 2009, 12:09
I have another one about done, and I need some seral numbers for a fictional 45 scheme.

edmoore235
November 29th, 2009, 12:32
Thanks for the great repaint!!

huub vink
November 29th, 2009, 13:17
I have another one about done, and I need some seral numbers for a fictional 45 scheme.

Thanks for this fresh load with repaints.

When you are refering to the Dutch scheme, ithe registration number would have been a R followed by a 3 didgit number. The 0-99 range was used for the Austers and the range 100-199 for Super Cubs. The 200-299 range was most probably reserved for another type of light aircraft to be used in Europe. The 300 range was used for the L-4's in Indonesia.

When Storch would have been used by the Dutch it would most probably have had a number low in the 200-299 range.

Cheers,
Huub

http://www.skhv.nl/images/vliegtuigen/Auster_4_groot.jpg

http://www.skhv.nl/images/vliegtuigen/Piper_3_groot.jpg

SteveB
November 29th, 2009, 14:45
R-212 it is then.

SteveB
November 29th, 2009, 16:26
RAF 1945, Rhodes Island. and an early WIP of a greek aircraft 1945.

edmoore235
November 29th, 2009, 20:15
Steve, where did ya find a paint example for the Greek repaint? I read that the Storch was used in the Greek civil war sometime between 1946 to 1949, perhaps I am wrong? Never found a picture or exact date of operation for the Storch. Take care. BTW; any chance of a FICTIONAL UN repaint?

huub vink
November 30th, 2009, 08:28
R-212 it is then.

Steve, I can't really see the font, but after the war the Dutch used an font with angled corners.

Cheers,
Huub

SteveB
November 30th, 2009, 12:15
Steve, I can't really see the font, but after the war the Dutch used an font with angled corners.

Cheers,
Huub

Okey Dokey Skip, I'll fix that.
I wanted something a bit colourfull for a change and went for this one today.

SteveB
December 1st, 2009, 04:36
Steve, where did ya find a paint example for the Greek repaint? I read that the Storch was used in the Greek civil war sometime between 1946 to 1949, perhaps I am wrong? Never found a picture or exact date of operation for the Storch. Take care. BTW; any chance of a FICTIONAL UN repaint?

I spoke too a mate who knows his history, In 45 the greeks quickly over painted the old axis markings on a number of aircraft and impressed them into use against the comunist forces. these aircraft where replaced by allied types as the civil war progressed. So it's a guestimation, based on info rec'd. I have found no photographiic evidence unfortunatly. I'm not happy with the grey overpaint at the mo and am looking too change it.

As for a UN do you mean all white type thing ?

Steve

Cazzie
December 1st, 2009, 04:42
Steve, that Greek splatter paint job is the dog's bollocks. :applause:

Hope you designed a splatter brush stroke to do that. My word, if you did it bit-by-bit, it had to take days! :isadizzy:

Caz

edmoore235
December 1st, 2009, 04:56
Steve, all white with UN blue icons. perhaps? Kind of like what you did for the PBY repaint. Thanks in advance. BTW: really like the Greek repaint!!

Ed :ernae:

SteveB
December 1st, 2009, 05:34
something like this perhaps.

Caz the splatter pattern took about two hours with a spray gun and mucking about with the density and opacity settings on each colour sprayed.

Steve

SteveB
December 1st, 2009, 06:56
Or there is an early version ;)

edmoore235
December 1st, 2009, 07:50
Steve, love the UN repaint job! The other paint is just wonderful too, thanks in advance for all your work and great imagination. League of Nations patrol aircraft, circa 1938 perhaps? Any wing insignia - top/underside (1 star). BTW: the Swedish aircraft repaint is very colorful and easy on the eyes, Steve.

SteveB
December 1st, 2009, 09:11
Steve, love the UN repaint job! The other paint is just wonderful too, thanks in advance for all your work and great imagination. League of Nations patrol aircraft, circa 1938 perhaps? Any wing insignia - top/underside (1 star). BTW: the Swedish aircraft repaint is very colorful and easy on the eyes, Steve.

Bin playing with it a bit more.

SteveB
December 1st, 2009, 13:32
Back too the green ones again.

edmoore235
December 1st, 2009, 13:36
Back too the green ones again.
The LON repaint is a perfect FICTIONAL piece of work!! What unit was the Green A/C a part of? Seems to have a logo on the side by the door...

Ed

SteveB
December 1st, 2009, 13:48
The LON repaint is a perfect FICTIONAL piece of work!! What unit was the Green A/C a part of? Seems to have a logo on the side by the door...

Ed

Organisation Todt, the bunker builders.

Steve

edmoore235
December 1st, 2009, 14:02
Organisation Todt, the bunker builders.

Steve
Steve, did Albert Spreer take over that organisation late in the war? I like the look of the repaint. Neat.

Ed

edmoore235
December 2nd, 2009, 05:40
Thanks.

SteveB
December 3rd, 2009, 04:56

Cheers,
Huub

This better mate ?

SteveB
December 4th, 2009, 02:15
Another five uploaded will show once Douglas has kicked them into line.
Another five or six to come. I think I will stop at 51 schemes.

Steve

huub vink
December 4th, 2009, 04:41
This better mate ?

Steve, did you see my e-mail?

Huub

edmoore235
December 4th, 2009, 05:51
Steve,
You may have used every possible example that a storch could be painted, real and fictional. Job very well done, Sir. Thank you seems rather lame but thank you nonetheless. I always look forward to what you do!!!! All good. Hey, don't forget your "Air Anonymous"
or "Nightwolf Air Service" liveries for the Storch.

Ed :icon29:

SteveB
December 4th, 2009, 12:22
Steve, did you see my e-mail?

Huub

Yes mate im on it, lol

adhockey
December 5th, 2009, 00:09
Steve, you are truly amazing. How is it that your productivity has increased while you contracted H1N1?!?

SteveB
December 5th, 2009, 01:28
Steve, you are truly amazing. How is it that your productivity has increased while you contracted H1N1?!?

More time at home for painting and reading. also any virus that moves in on me gets ignored until it goes away. Also once you have done the first 30 odd skins you find it easy paint and sleep at the same time lol.

steve

SteveB
December 25th, 2009, 02:01
I'm back and got another couple of new schemes finnished. I'll be uploading the last 7 schemes for the storch with a few other paint schemes for various other models that i have finnished, over the next couple of days.

Steve

Shessi
December 25th, 2009, 02:09
Hi Steve,
Great ac and re-paints, ta muchly!

On another note, I noticed that in your screenies some of the straight lines on the ac have jaggies. Maybe need to adjust the anti-aliase to x4 and allow the card to do the AA and disable in-game (if you have ATi/AMD card that is!). No knowledge of settings for Nvidia cards but same principle.

Just a thought to get the best out of your work?!

:ernae: and Happy Crimbo

Shessi

edmoore235
December 25th, 2009, 02:43
Welcome back, Steve! Always admire your work. Wishing you and yours a most happy and joyous Christmas and New Years!