PDA

View Full Version : Maskrider's scenery addons

highpockets
November 22nd, 2009, 15:24
I have the mr_solomans 2004 installed in my PTO sim. Where is the mr-solomons 08512.zip & 081116.zip and are they something I want to add? I have completed Rami's scenery install up thru DEM 8. What do I so with the DEI as well? Do they go after Solomons in the scenery library?

dvslats
November 23rd, 2009, 03:04
Hey there highpockets,
For starters...Maskrider's mr-solomons 08512.zip can be found at his website http://www.mask-rider.com/index.html Just click on Downloads, then Solomons. I do not know which is the 081116.zip. Is this a Solomons also? Do you have the name of the area for that .zip?
In CFS2's scenery Library, (not the scenery .cfg) placing the airrstrips anywhere above the mash files should be fine.
Also just to make sure we are on the same page...there will be some anomalies with the Solomon strips with Rhumba's mesh. Those that are near the Ocean coast or ones on islands. Only Mask's latest DEI, the ones you can find at his site by clicking on News will fit the new mesh perfectly.
Hope this clears things up a bit. :wavey:
Dave

Jagdflieger
November 23rd, 2009, 03:36
Don't forget to install the Library Objects and Tree package that is also located at MR's site.

highpockets
November 23rd, 2009, 08:58
Thanks guys. I understand what to do now , I just could not find MR's dl in the scenery section. Should I put rhumba's mesh in my other installs as well--MTO & ETO and eventually maybe the Eastern Front??

dvslats
November 23rd, 2009, 22:44
Should I put rhumba's mesh in my other installs as well--MTO & ETO and eventually maybe the Eastern Front?

Hi highpockets,
I do not have an MTO install at this moment, but the ETO and the Eastern Front are fine with it.
Dave

highpockets
November 24th, 2009, 16:54
Thanks! I think I will be OK

Devildog73
November 27th, 2009, 05:22
highpockets, I have rhumba's mesh in all of my installs and they are fine except for Malta. I am not able to get rid of some squares of land in water. Not everyone is having that problem, though. I may just rebuild my entire MTO from scratch.

highpockets
November 27th, 2009, 16:46
Devildog73
Saw your posts on Malta and have been watching with great interest. I have been trying to get my MTO scenery and textures correct. I used Rami's guide, but I have blank, black squares in the desert with flying in N. Africa. Something in my install is buggering things up. I haven't tried to correct it for a while--just been watching all the threads on scenery library install sequences to see if I can find a clue.:isadizzy:

Devildog73
November 28th, 2009, 05:23
I have replaced most of my texture files with PACTEX textures world wide. If I could find a way to id the exact texture squares that are land instead of water, I could probably fix my MTO install.

When I get home tomorrow, I may replace all of my textures with the originals out of my "virgin" CFS2 install and see what Malta looks like then.
I will then go slow and replace water only textures, then a few land textures at a time until I get the land squares in water again. It will be a pain, but should let me find the offending textures.