PDA

View Full Version : Lotus L-39 - Air Brake Activation VC ?

Timm
November 22nd, 2009, 05:23
Hi Guys,
Just another small question on the Albatros. Now I'm activating the air brakes via the FS default key command which I have added to my stick, but were is the switch/button etc in the cockpit which would activate these? When I activate I have a look around the VC to see any movement but nothing is seen. Timm

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4199/ss0n.jpg

Cleartheprop
November 22nd, 2009, 05:42
Hi Timm;
The switch is there but seems to have no effect in my cockpit (V1.3)
http://www.miragecockpit.com/images/l39%20ab.jpg

Timm
November 22nd, 2009, 05:49
Hi There,
Are that's were its located. Same here no movement. I think that this has been de-activated, I don't think this moved in the original version either. Well at least I now know where it is housed. Timm

Kiwikat
November 22nd, 2009, 06:26
That switch doesn't work on purpose. Mike figured because it is on the throttle it would be too difficult to move. In real life that switch in the front seat is spring loaded and the pilot can hold it down temporarily to activate the spoilers.

IIRC, you may just have to use the "/" key or assign it to a button on your joystick.

Timm
November 22nd, 2009, 08:07
Now I'm activating the air brakes via the FS default key command which I have added to my stickHi KiwiKat,
Thanks also for info, I have added the command to my G940 throttle and this works fine. Timm

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/1417/66116364.jpg

Lotus
November 22nd, 2009, 08:16
Thanks Kiwi for answering that for me (was asleep!). Timm, if you have FSUIPC you can also set your throttle button to deploy the airbrakes when you hold the button down and retract them as soon as you release it. That's the most accurate setup for it in relation to the real jet, and it's *immensely* useful for station keeping in formation flight. That way you just "blip" the brakes, scrubbing off 1 or 2 knots of speed at a time, much as real L-39 pilots do.

Cheers,

-Mike

Kiwikat
November 22nd, 2009, 08:30
Thanks Kiwi for answering that for me (was asleep!).

Haha thanks for goin over it on that multiplayer flight! Your knowledge of this plane seems infinite. :engel016:

Timm
November 22nd, 2009, 09:05
Hi Mike,
I have got a reg version of FSUIPC but it's for FS9 not working for FSX it seems I might have to buy a new version or should it reg for both? But that's a good idea I will try it out. Timm

Lotus
November 22nd, 2009, 09:27
I'm not sure how Pete handles that for customers who have the FS9 one. I'm pretty sure you have to buy it again for FSX (registered version) but I consider it probably the single most essential thing for FSX after good controllers and Track-ir. I find it enormously useful, for all my planes, not just the L-39. Highly recommended.

Kiwi, thanks. Yeah if you develop a plane I guess you kind of end up living and breathing it after awhile. Someone stumped me the other day on something though. Where's that manual again? :)

-Mike