PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide.....

luftwulf
November 18th, 2009, 15:44
I'm looking at my next plane.... and have narrowed down several since I am waiting on the new B-17 and SuperCub to be released. Any feedback on these would be greatly appreciated...

Just Flight's Constellation Professsional
A2A Supermarine Spitfire Mk I or P-47
Vertigo Studios - F6F Hellcat
Aerosoft Beaver X

Which one :isadizzy:

jmig
November 18th, 2009, 15:53
Well, you have three different types of flying there. The F6F, P-47 and Spit can be combined in to WWII fighters. The Connie is a heavy prop transport or airliner and, the Beaver is a small GA.

What is your favorite type of flying? In your position I would buy the one that fits my favorite type of flying.

I have all three of the fighters and you can't go wrong with any of them. Take that back, my Spitfire is the RealAir version. Still I would say they are all top notch aircraft.

You could always flip a coin. :)

luftwulf
November 18th, 2009, 15:59
If it has a prop.... I like it :ernae:

I'm on the fence which way to go as I like flying every type... WWII, heavies, GA.......

Maybe if the SuperCub were released tomorrow, that would make my decision easy :ernae:

BOOM
November 18th, 2009, 16:39
I have The HellCat and The A2A JUG,Both are fantastic and well worth the $$.You really can't go wrong with either,If you go with the P-47 make sure you add the Accusim pack.

Marlin
November 18th, 2009, 16:58
P-47 :ernae:

FlameOut
November 18th, 2009, 18:26
luftwulf,

I only have [3] of your choices :

Just Flight's Constellation Professsional.... has a few issues with gauges on co-pilot side and FE station not working, the virtual cabin (not the virtual cockpit) has some non compliant Preview DirectX 10 textures. A few over runs of "quilted insulation" textures that are misplaced onto the cockpit window frame.
*** despite these known issues, a patch will be released to address these *** when this is complete and the additional texture packs are released she'll be the finest Connie in the FSX sky. :USA-flag:

Vertigo Studios - F6F Hellcat... very, very nice

I do have some sort of glitch with the rocket smoke following in front of the aircraft after I fire them, I have not been to Vertigo's forum to seek help nor have I asked for help here on this forum, so I would not call that a problem, it may be my video drivers are my stuborn, bull headed, refusal to fly FSX in DirectX 9 mode. I'm behind the :icon34:

A2A P-47... :applause: :medals::jawdrop: the best IMHO ... with the Accusim pack.

jankees
November 18th, 2009, 21:44
no choice really....

P-47 with accu sim