PDA

View Full Version : MS Virtual Earth Birds' Eye Disabled ?

jimjones
November 18th, 2009, 01:42
Bird's eye view can assist in the design of scenery for an area and I have used it as recently as a month ago. For the past week any area I go to use this feature causes the message "Bird's Eye not available for this area." I've tried areas used before and many areas across the U.S with no luck.

Don't know if I'm on some kind of list NOT to be served or if this is an across the board disable for security purposes, or perhaps an update.

falcon409
November 18th, 2009, 04:16
That seems strange really, but I use Google Earth for the same reason and it seems to running fine. Not sure what would cause that really.

spotlope
November 18th, 2009, 05:31
It's not available for all areas, Jim. You might have just gotten unlucky the last few times.

jdhaenens
November 18th, 2009, 05:34
I've been using it this morning. I have noticed that, at times, certain areas come in and go away due to shifting servers and data providers.

jimjones
November 18th, 2009, 08:32
Bill and Jim, glad to know that it is still available for some. I'll be more persistent and will perhaps get in when the servers are not so busy. I have tried identical areas where I obtained info before without success today or yesterday. The server situation seems the most logical answer to the problem.

spotlope
November 18th, 2009, 08:45
Is there a particular area you're looking for, jimjones? I could try and see if it comes up on mine. At least that would tell you if it's you or the service that's having the trouble.

jimjones
November 18th, 2009, 08:52
Bill, I just tried again, with the influence of your success, and lo and behold I'm able to use Bird's Eye view again. It was pretty much unavailable to me anywhere I tried earlier. Thanks for your generous offer to test for my area, Louisville, Ky.