PDA

View Full Version : Max Holste Broussard Repaints?

OBIO
November 16th, 2009, 20:41
Fired up the Broussard for some flying time in the Idaho mountains. Just the stock French military skin. Looked on Flightsim and AVsim for other skins and found only one....some odd military skin. Has anyone done any non-military skins for the Broussard? Not that I am opposed to military skins, but for use in my GA install, the military skins just don't jive.

OBIO

Sunny9850
November 16th, 2009, 22:14
I did one for the VA I fly for, happens to be right in your area of operations by the way ( vanisleva.com ). Check us out if you have a minute...I think you might like it.

Tried to post a screenshot but that did not work for me from Mediafire.
so here is a link to the shot.

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=mqykzojmzg2&thumb=4 (http://www.mediafire.com/file/mqykzojmzg2/Broussard)

The shot is from FSRepaint so the glass appears milky there but is fine in FS.

If you would like that one send me a PM and I'll shoot it off to you or put in Mediafire for a bit to download. But I don't want to just post it without asking our boss :running:

Stefanhttp://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=mqykzojmzg2&thumb=4

OBIO
November 16th, 2009, 22:28
Came across this image of a Broussard that has what appears to be double cargo doors on the right side of the fuselage. Did the Broussard have door like this or is this possibly a conversion of some sort?

I have a paint template in the works....panel lines instead of the huge rivets (still not a fan of rivets). Used ACM to export a set of UV maps (thanks Pstrany for indirectly cluing me in on what the UV maps were for). Creating a much more precise and clean set of texture files. Will gladly share the paint template with anyone who wants it once it is done. Wings and fuselage files are done....other than the possible addition of the cargo doors.

OBIO

T6flyer
November 17th, 2009, 00:00
The doors you see there on this photo are where the battery is and the oil is stored.

Martin

OBIO
November 17th, 2009, 00:50
Thanks for clearing up the mystery and for the close up shot...now I can enhance that area on the fuselage.

Tim

T6flyer
November 17th, 2009, 01:06
No problem at all. When we repainted ours (it was painted up to look like a yoghurt!), we had some friends of ours in France that very kindly took a lot of photos of a military example in a Museum, so that we could get the detail correct.

Martin

T6flyer
November 17th, 2009, 03:28
Here are a few civilian schemes and a couple of our yoghurt painted example!

Martin

phantomx1
November 17th, 2009, 04:05
There wasn't many of these aircraft produced. Most every one you find pictures of is in military paint.

Thought this one civilian paint looked pretty good although it is on floats. I could not find a still photo of it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLCEb_seyUs&feature=related

Mick
November 17th, 2009, 04:46
Well, I found a Portugese Air Force paint. That gives something a little different from the French liveries.

I've seen Broussards on US the airshow circuit in French military livery, so those paints aren't completely out of place here in this country.

Even so, I'd love to have paints in some of those civvy schemes!

bpfowler
November 17th, 2009, 05:44
OBIO,
where did you end up getting your ACM? I am still looking.
seeems like a great tool for the FS tweaker.
got a link or thread to drop it in here?

thanks
brady

OBIO
November 17th, 2009, 08:31
I wish I could paint floats onto the Broussard....that was one pretty float plane. I love float planes...especially radial powered ones. Guess it has to do with my inherent (and recently discovered) yearn to be a bush pilot in the harsh Pacific Northwest regions.

I did some digging around for paint schemes for the Broussard and the vast majority of the pics showed the plane in military paints. French, a really sharp tri-color desert camo scheme. Very few civie painted schemes, even when the plane had civie registration it was painted up in military dress. So, I guess I will do up some fresh military skins for the plane, along with the few civie paints....and toss in some fictional skins as well. Have no idea when I will get them done....as I started this project on a whim last night and may very well start another project today or tomorrow on the exact same whim...that darn AADD acts up all the time. Have dozens and dozens of projects in the works...most of them oh so close to being done and ready for uploading...but I find myself starting one new project after another.

OBIO

T6flyer
November 18th, 2009, 03:57
For everything you need to know about the Broussard, please have a look at:
http://www.mh-1521.fr/

We attended a Broussard meet at Pouilly with our example in September and my photos can be seen at:
http://www.mh-1521.fr/index.php?part=91&cib=25&rub=283

Best wishes,

Martin

T6flyer
November 18th, 2009, 04:05
And here is a photo of the float equipped Broussard.

Martin

hondo55
November 18th, 2009, 13:51
there are BFU repaints for the brousard at flightsim.

hondo55
November 18th, 2009, 15:17
Oops sorry ,mea culpa. The bfu broussard repaints are at Avsim.

Flyboy208
November 18th, 2009, 15:56
Personally, I would love too see more French repaints for it ...

Mike :running:

OBIO
November 18th, 2009, 16:03
I have to tail bits to do yet...and the interior....then the paint template will be done. I almost always redo what ever scheme I work off of when building my paint templates..so the stock 43-BU in the dark blue gray color will be redone for sure...the fuselage and one wing are already done up in that color...looks better! I have backed the reflective property WAY back to just a tad, the colors are richer, more vibrant...the panel lines instead of bumper bolt sized rivets really cleans up the skin. The addition of the proper battery/radio doors as depicted in the pic T6Flyer posted really adds to the right side of the plane....need to add the text to the doors still.

OBIO

Desert Rat
November 19th, 2009, 10:22
OBIO,
where did you end up getting your ACM? I am still looking.
seeems like a great tool for the FS tweaker.
got a link or thread to drop it in here?

thanks
brady

demo is here,

http://web.archive.org/web/20070701133311/www.aircraftmanager.com/index.php?cn=Download+Area

download seems to work as well. Unfortunately I don't think you can buy the unlock code anymore.

Jamie.

PS, Obio, forgot to reply to PM, sure thing, go ahead and upload the Tute. Lost mine on my old HD failure. If you can find a decent format so the pics can be inserted into the document, all the better.

Mick
November 19th, 2009, 12:09
Oops sorry ,mea culpa. The bfu broussard repaints are at Avsim.

Well, they're on the download list at Avsim.

Alas, none of them are actually available there. Download attenpts produce only an error page. :frown:

T6flyer
November 19th, 2009, 12:18
Alas also not available at Avsim, is the wonderful repaint of our local Broussard G-YYYY, done by repainter Ray Blake. Hopefully this file will become available when and if Avsim renew their file library.

Martin

hondo55
November 19th, 2009, 13:29
Mick: Just went to avsim and d/l ed the bush flying unlimited repaint. I went search all files under the repaint and mod heading. Also can go to BFU home page under passenger A/c and click on repaint icon and it directs you to avsim d/l , which is how I got the d/l yesterday

Mick
November 20th, 2009, 05:14
Mick: Just went to avsim and d/l ed the bush flying unlimited repaint. I went search all files under the repaint and mod heading. Also can go to BFU home page under passenger A/c and click on repaint icon and it directs you to avsim d/l , which is how I got the d/l yesterday

Ah! That's the only one I didn't try to download, since it doesn't interest me. I think all the authentic paints remain unavailable.

OBIO
November 20th, 2009, 06:21
Here are four screenshots: two of the original 43-BU paint and two of my redone 43-BU paint. Still need to do the tail surfaces then tackle the interior...

OBIO