PDA

View Full Version : Danish Whales

Wing_Z
November 16th, 2009, 15:09
OhqNZV1n9BU&feature=related

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/denmark-a-worldwide-disgrace

MCDesigns
November 16th, 2009, 15:41
While I feel the destruction of our natural resources and wildlife needs to stop, what I view as unnecessary, another views as livelihood without a second thought to it's ramifications.

here's one way to try and justify it, with the rate we are polluting our oceans, we are doing them a favor, lame I know, but a thought.

I get tempted at times to change my mindset and way of living and move to a wilderness area and live off the land, using no fossil fuels to pollute the environment, no using grocery stores that waste tons of animal and vegetable matter daily for my convenience, no using any products that the creation of said product created harmful waste for the world I live in (pretty much everything in my house), but then again I am one person in a world that is on the verge of becoming quickly over populated. Besides, with the pollution around, I doubt I could fish and not get some kind of toxin in my system.

I had a few hours the other day when our power was out. I sat by my window for some breeze (88 at the time) with a candle and a sleeping bag and it gave me time to reflect upon our daily existence in it's simplest form without any electricity and any of the things that we rely on that use it and it was kinda sobering.

Snuffy
November 16th, 2009, 18:59
You know, this is a way of life for some people. Its not anyone's place to decide whether what they do is right or wrong.

Things like this have been going on in the world for longer than most of us have been alive and on these forums.

Granted there are times when humans do tend to over indulge in things, and its only after something is missing that we realise what may have gone wrong, to imply that "you" may find this offensive doesn't make it wrong, and "your" will should not be imposed on these people and their way of life or livelyhood.

As long as what's being done is done in the name of proper conservation and proper survival then all is well, if on the other hand they slaughter for only one or two organs from the creatures they kill then that is wrong.

Be aware though that when humans recognise and put on a conservation list any species, it has a tendancy to rebound in record time. As an example of that, I point toward the turkey vulture and the bald eagle. When I was a kid growing up in the southerntier of NY state, (Buffalo side of the state, not the city side of the state,) sighting a vulture or an eagle was a few and far between and a rare thing. Talking to my folks recently, (they still live in the old neighborhood,) they tell me the sky is filled with vultures and that there are three pairs of nesting eagles along the river.

All good news.