PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes buys Brawn

lefty
November 16th, 2009, 04:11
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8362295.stm

Don't imagine Jenson and Lewis will be too chuffed about this - they are hardly going to get the best Mercedes engines at McLaren........

Ferry_vO
November 16th, 2009, 07:23
I think the Mercedes GP would love to have the number one on their car in their first season, ands have no problem paying Button the 10 million he wants. (Still 35 Million cheaper than Raikkonen!)

lefty
November 16th, 2009, 07:49
I think you will see that Mercedes have given Button the cold shoulder, Ferry. Apparently they are desperate for a German F1 champ, so Rosberg is going to get the full treatment.

As usual, it's all about politics.

wombat666
November 16th, 2009, 09:21
I believe that it will be Rosberg (he carries both German and Finnish passports!) and Heidfeld.
Heidfeld ....... he's way over the hill, has been for years.
Glock would be a better choice.
Button should be retained as team leader of course, but as Brawn remains as Team Principal I can't see that happening.
FWIW, I've always regarded Ross Brawn at the same level as Briatore, Dennis and Williams ..... Walkinshaw taught him very well that only money matters.
:173go1:

Ferry_vO
November 16th, 2009, 09:34
The next German world champion will not drive a Mercedes; IMHO Vettel is the only one good enough to win a few titles. Rosberg is overrated. He's quick but I don't think he can carry a team like a Schumacher or Alonso. Insiders say he doesn't have the technical skills and if things are not going his way he doesn't seem to feel the need to improve.
Heidfeld is quick and very reliable; the perfect second driver to score constructors' points and not get in the way of the first driver. A great partner for Lewis, while Rosberg should stick around with Button and learn from him.