PDA

View Full Version : I just love Carenado

heywooood
November 15th, 2009, 19:18
not to slight the other heavy hitters among FSX payware aircraft modelers - but for the money, their planes are outstanding. So much detail inside and out with great VC's as well as tremendous attention paid to providing great performance in the sim.

Painting issues and other small items aside, you can't go wrong purchasing and flying Carenado....just my 2 centavos.

dougwells
November 15th, 2009, 20:01
Just purchased my first Carenado plane (Saratoga) and I have to say that I am impressed. Lots of other great planes our there as well though....

RealAir - Duke
Flight1 - Cessna Mustang
AlphaSim - LongEZ
A2A - Piper Cub

What a great hobby that we get to fly so many varied aircraft and at a fairly reasonable price. My wife doesn't mind me buying FSX airplanes...she just wishes I didn't spend so darn much time flying them!!

I can't help myself, these planes really are a thing of beauty and mastering them is such a deeply rewarding experience....:jump:

Doug

Kiwikat
November 15th, 2009, 20:13
As long as you don't plan on painting them, they are very nice indeed. :icon_lol:

Ugh I need to get my turbo modification out to some testers. School and work have obliterated me the last week. HOPEFULLY I'll have some time tomorrow after classes.

SpaceWeevil
November 16th, 2009, 09:33
As long as you don't plan on painting them, they are very nice indeed. :icon_lol:
That might explain the lack of UK liveries for the 172 - I thought that would be a popular subject over here but I've not seen one yet. I would try myself but I'm afraid I have the artistic ability of .....something with no artistic ability. They are good though, The Mentor, the Cherokee (with Rick Piper's UK paints) and the 172 - all fun to fly and very easy on frames.

rodger
November 16th, 2009, 09:53
That might explain the lack of UK liveries for the 172 - I thought that would be a popular subject over here but I've not seen one yet. I would try myself but I'm afraid I have the artistic ability of .....something with no artistic ability. They are good though, The Mentor, the Cherokee (with Rick Piper's UK paints) and the 172 - all fun to fly and very easy on frames.

There just arrived a handful today over at Avsim.:wavey:

Tweek
November 16th, 2009, 09:59
The aircraft do indeed look nice, but the cirrus clouds in the third shot look even nicer! I'm guessing it's a REX job, and if so, could you point me to which cloud set you use? Pretty please. :wiggle:

SpaceWeevil
November 16th, 2009, 11:16
There just arrived a handful today over at Avsim.:wavey:

Thanks so much for the heads up! :jump:

lifejogger
November 16th, 2009, 13:31

I know the Mooney and the Archer come with white textures so painting them is not to bad. I have painted the Mooney twice now and the Archer once with no problems.

Thoe6969
November 16th, 2009, 13:41
not to slight the other heavy hitters among FSX payware aircraft modelers - but for the money, their planes are outstanding. So much detail inside and out with great VC's as well as tremendous attention paid to providing great performance in the sim.

Painting issues and other small items aside, you can't go wrong purchasing and flying Carenado....just my 2 centavos. My thoughts exactly.I own almost everything they've made.

cheezyflier
November 16th, 2009, 14:15
I just love Carenado

i like them, but only as a friend :icon_lol:

FAC257
November 16th, 2009, 15:27
I've got all but one of thier FSX fleet myself.

The only problem I have with any of them is that I still can't quite buy into both the Saratoga and Arrow flying around with that nose high atitude. It just doesn't look right or seem right that they would fly like that at cruise.

It looks so odd from the external view that I find myself not using them as much as I might otherwise. The Saratoga and Arrow look great, but boy do they fly funny.

Now if RL Saratoga and Arrow pilots say that they do indeed fly around looking like they are always about to stall, then reverse everything I just said. :)

FAC

heywooood
November 16th, 2009, 16:48
The aircraft do indeed look nice, but the cirrus clouds in the third shot look even nicer! I'm guessing it's a REX job, and if so, could you point me to which cloud set you use? Pretty please. :wiggle:

hello Tweek - that cirrus effect is REX - cirrus set 09 and then set in FSX to either 3/8 or 5/8's coverage (slider) in the weather settings page.

it is a nice effect be sure

heywooood
November 16th, 2009, 16:50
i like them, but only as a friend :icon_lol:

:173go1: instigator....

Tweek
November 17th, 2009, 04:26
hello Tweek - that cirrus effect is REX - cirrus set 09 and then set in FSX to either 3/8 or 5/8's coverage (slider) in the weather settings page.

it is a nice effect be sure

Thankyou very much!

Francois
November 17th, 2009, 05:14
Now if RL Saratoga and Arrow pilots say that they do indeed fly around looking like they are always about to stall, then reverse everything I just said. :)

FAC

I wouldn't know... you can't see yourself from the outside in real life...... :icon_lol::wavey:

FAC257
November 17th, 2009, 12:46
Francois

Well, I knew when I posted, that I was going to be fair game for folks telling me that I shouldn't be flying from outside the aircraft. I just wasn't quite sure how it was going to get worded.

That was pretty good. :icon_lol:

FAC

dougwells
November 18th, 2009, 15:56

Ugh I need to get my turbo modification out to some testers. School and work have obliterated me the last week. HOPEFULLY I'll have some time tomorrow after classes.

No rush on it ... whenever the timing is right for you. School, work & life ... it gets pretty busy sometimes!

Doug