PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using security on there home.

hey_moe
November 15th, 2009, 12:59
I have had ADT for a while but in the last two years have had nothing but trouble. I have had the fire dept. out here on false alarm to where we had to pay them 375.00 for the many times they have come out. ADT paid it but it has drove us nuts to a point we had to tell them to stop monitoring it. The control; board is bad but they keep jerking me around. Replaced everything over and over but no control board. I stopped payment on them which my contract has been up for a while. Wednesday I have another company coming in to give a estimate on replacing the whole thing. Any advice...Mike

Gdavis101
November 15th, 2009, 13:09
Brinks is a little more reliable and dependable. My experience with ADT on a Law Enforcement and security level is pretty much, false alarms and misreported trips of the alarm systems. For example, we used to get glass breakage alarms all the time, when in reality it was just a cat crossing through a beam or making a noise of some kind. What ends up happening is the responders don't really take the alarms seriously after awhile because the ones reporting them can't get their information right! And when you go to the same place 3 times in a row in one night because of a faulty system it isn't taken as seriously as it should when the real thing happens.

ckissling
November 15th, 2009, 14:17
I trained my wife to kill on command. ckissling

Willy
November 15th, 2009, 14:50
Nothing gets past these two. O'course after they spot 'em, I get to deal with 'em.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/83/l_769583b989e34e029d7f4e08da2a490a.jpg

Pauke! Pauke!
November 15th, 2009, 15:01
Unfotunately, my solution is to own nothing but crap that isn't worth stealing.

:jump:

Cazzie
November 15th, 2009, 15:17
Live in the boonies and have dogs and guns, best security devices on the planet. Oh, and everybody in the community knows everybody else, so any strangers get long looks and get the Hell outa here eyes. We did have a worthless family down the road (the Hankins, ugliest white people you ever want to see, look more like an audition for a Geico commercial).

Use to steal lawn equipment, Caught them backed into one end of the woods on my property and went in and got the double-barrel and loaded it with two double-ought shells, went out and fired both rounds over their heads, you ain't never seen a monkey-poop brown Granada move so fast. Ne'er a problem since.

Ya gotta understand Moe, I can't live in a city, too much like being a social insect, I got to have my freedom to move. You can't shoot guns in the city, you can't have big dogs in the city, you can't pee in your own yard in the city. These are essential rights for me.

Caz

Gdavis101
November 15th, 2009, 15:26
I personally don't use a security system. I have always invested in large dogs instead, oh and a pistol at my bedside!

n4gix
November 15th, 2009, 15:40
...you can't pee in your own yard in the city. These are essential rights for me.

Absolutely! I have an inalienable right to pee on my own petunias! :a1451:

Willy
November 15th, 2009, 15:51
Cazzie, the house across the road from us just sold to a guy that's a convicted arsonist that moved back into the area a few months ago. Last time he lived near here, he burned down a dozen houses before he got caught. He's been in the area for a couple of months now and three more have been torched in that time. I guess I'm going to have to be extra vigilant with that sob nearby. I keep my 44s loaded.

Cloud9Gal
November 15th, 2009, 15:55
Cazzie, the house across the road from us just sold to a guy that's a convicted arsonist that moved back into the area a few months ago. Last time he lived near here, he burned down a dozen houses before he got caught. He's been in the area for a couple of months now and three more have been torched in that time. I guess I'm going to have to be extra vigilant with that sob nearby. I keep my 44s loaded.

Are you kidding me? Wow! That sucks Willy! You can't pick your neighbors that's for sure! Hope nothing bad happens and YES, stay vigilant!!

Cazzie
November 15th, 2009, 17:04

You just wonder what is wrong with any nation's justice system that would allow that to happen Willy. We got some bad-ass rednecks around me, but they're good bad-ass rednecks and knowing where you live, I know you know the difference. We cover each other's six, you betcha.

Caz

hey_moe
November 16th, 2009, 01:48
One of the reasons I went to a security system is that Linda works at home a lot and I feel better when the system is on. She locks the doors but when you are upstairs you really can't hear anything downstairs. I've had to put a motion detector at the front door that rings a alarm and flashes a light in the pooter room because we can never hear when someone comes over. I can't tell ya how many times I have missed FEDX and UPS. We don't have a high crime rate where we live but we both feel better with it on. Yes I too have a loaded 357 at the bed. But I sleep so sound I need something to wake me up.As far as dogs are concerned I love them to death but get way to attached to them when I had them and we are gone all day, so is it fair to the animal.I have Brinks coming this week to give me a est. on replacement of the current system. It seems like going wireless is not the way to go in my house. I don't know why I keep having panel and sensor failure but I have had enough.

Quixoticish
November 16th, 2009, 02:28
A good community and neighbours who look out for one another does the job around here.

Bjoern
November 16th, 2009, 10:22
I've got good door locks and (hopefully) good insurance.

hey_moe
November 18th, 2009, 05:30
Well the Brinks sales man just left..lol...est. for everything I wanted done between 750.00 to 900.00...ouch! He assured me that every sensor would be hard wired which is what I want. ADT told me there is no way they can do it. After reading on the internet most companies want to do the wireless because it is quick and easy.Cheaper too.I have two more companies coming out this week.

Dain Arns
November 18th, 2009, 05:59
You could always go like the "Maersk Alabama" did, armed guards, but probably not too many Somali Pirates in your area. Would like to find out more about this Long Range Acoustic Device they used to repel the latest attack. Sounds useful... :icon_lol:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27401508/ns/world_news-africa/

wombat666
November 18th, 2009, 08:12
You could always go like the "Maersk Alabama" did, armed guards, but probably not too many Somali Pirates in your area. Would like to find out more about this Long Range Acoustic Device they used to repel the latest attack. Sounds useful... :icon_lol:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27401508/ns/world_news-africa/

Not that I'd want to hijack this thread so I'll simply say the Japanese Whaling Fleet are equipped with "Long Range Acoustic Devices" which have a much more unpleasant effect than just plain old noise.
:isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy:

Marlin
November 18th, 2009, 16:48
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMarlin%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmso htmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMarlin%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmso htmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMarlin%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmso htmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:DoNotShowRevisions/> <w:DoNotPrintRevisions/> <w:DoNotShowMarkup/> <w:DoNotShowComments/> <w:DoNotShowInsertionsAndDeletions/> <w:DoNotShowPropertyChanges/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Wingdings; panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:2; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 268435456 0 0 -2147483648 0;} @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:536871559 0 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Verdana; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Verdana; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Verdana; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Verdana; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Verdana; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Verdana; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--> Sorry to hear about your ADT troubles Mike, that sucks.

We have neighbors (neighborhood watch) that keep an eye on everything when we are not home, and they are all armed and trained.

At our home we have a double layer of dogs to start with. The outside German Sheppard is mean as a junk yard dog and smells funny too. J

The inside dog only barks at two legged creatures. So when the junk yard dog goes off, he will go and look. If he goes crazy, we have an armed response policy, as there are too many crackheads around.

I truly believe in my Natural Rights to Life, Liberty and Property and the right to defend all of the above. We also help our neighbors when they are not home or are in some kind of need.

The real bummer about your ADT problems is that some ADT products watch things that you can not see or smell like CO2 and other gasses not to mention there fire detecting abilities. That is something that the neighborhood watch doesn’t or cant do.

So my advice would be to get a canary to be the CO2 detector, an inside dog that barks at only people and a big outside dog. Arm yourself so that you can also protect your Natural Rights, and start or participate in a neighborhood watch.

Dain Arns
November 18th, 2009, 20:14
http://ihasahotdog.wordpress.com/files/2009/11/funny-dog-pictures-surprised-robbed.jpg (http://ihasahotdog.com/2009/11/18/funny-dog-pictures-surprised-robbed/)

Snuffy
November 19th, 2009, 03:14
LOL!!! :bump: Funny Dain!!

On a note pertaining to the topic, I have the wireless ... seems to work okay.

In fact the control unit is also wireless, it uses cellular to communicate with the monitoring station.

(OH! MOE, it should be spelled THEIR ... c'mon )

kjb
November 19th, 2009, 04:34
I quit using ADT after they screwed up a payment. I used an online bill payment and ADT refused to acknowledge that they received it. After going round and round with their accounting people, I just gave up.

WarHorse47
November 19th, 2009, 04:55
WE got our system installed through Sears many, many years ago before wireless was available. I had input on the install and we've been happy with it. We have a contract with a local monitoring company that gets automatically notified if the alarm goes off for any reason. It's peace of mind when we go on vacation.

Recently, we went through a sales pitch with another company because our neighbors had their system installed. They offered to upgrade our system with wireless at no cost if we went with their contract. Almost signed the contract until I read the terms. Not only would we pay higher monthly payments, but we would have been locked into an extesive contract. Also, if we terminated the contract, they would keep the installed equipment. I like our arrangement better where the system is hardwired into the house, and the next owner can decide if they want it monitored or not.

--WH

papab
November 19th, 2009, 06:10
Well the Brinks sales man just left..lol...est. for everything I wanted done between 750.00 to 900.00...ouch! He assured me that every sensor would be hard wired which is what I want. ADT told me there is no way they can do it. After reading on the internet most companies want to do the wireless because it is quick and easy.Cheaper too.I have two more companies coming out this week.

Try Protection One...
Used to work for them and they do a great job!

Rick

wombat666
November 19th, 2009, 07:03
Six Beagles are our alarm system.
Then again, if an intruder ignored them he'd end up licked to death .......:jump:

hey_moe
November 19th, 2009, 15:58
Are you testing me again???
LOL!!! :bump: Funny Dain!!

On a note pertaining to the topic, I have the wireless ... seems to work okay.

In fact the control unit is also wireless, it uses cellular to communicate with the monitoring station.

(OH! MOE, it should be spelled THEIR ... c'mon )

TARPSBird
November 19th, 2009, 16:55
Mike,
We have Stanley Security Solutions at Barnes & Noble and they have a good track record with us for quick response to alarms. They offer residential systems, you might want to check 'em out.
http://www.stanleycss.com/residential.html

hey_moe
November 20th, 2009, 01:34
Thanks for the info T.

Snuffy
November 20th, 2009, 03:06
Are you testing me again???

No! This is not a test ... this is an english lesson.

THEIR is always used when speaking of people.

THERE is used to indicate a location and is NEVER used to refer to people.

:mixedsmi:

hey_moe
November 20th, 2009, 03:09
LOL...Ted, when you are perfect.....then I will agree with you....that's my English lesson.:monkies:
No! This is not a test ... this is an english lesson.

THEIR is always used when speaking of people.

THERE is used to indicate a location and is NEVER used to refer to people.

:mixedsmi:

rayrey10
November 21st, 2009, 12:43
Six Beagles are our alarm system.
Then again, if an intruder ignored them he'd end up licked to death .......:jump:

Yeah my boxer barks loud and with a lot of bass in her voice, but at the end of the day she would an intruder to death too! :icon_lol: