PDA

View Full Version : What a beautiful day

OBIO
November 14th, 2009, 10:15
Here in North-Central Ohio....the weather is nice, clear skies, just a bit of breeze, temp in the mid to upper 50s, maybe even lower 60s. T-shirt weather. Made our monthly trip to Amish Country (which isn't all that far from our house...just the next county over) to buy our month's supplies of cheese and baking goods. Spent $45 and came home with 10 pounds of high quality cheese (2 pounds each of Baby Swiss, Colby, Marble, Hot Pepper and Horseradish cheese), 5 pounds of sugar, 5 pounds of quick cook oats, 1 pound of extra rich Dutch cocoa powder, half pound of ground cinnamon, 1 pound of dried minced onion, 4 ounces of celery seed, 3 4-ouce tubs of cookie sprinkles, 2 pounds of powdered sugar, 1 pound of whole jumbo cashews ($3.65 for a pound...how cheap is that?!?!?!), 2 dozen fresh brown eggs. I think that was it. All of that for $45.....couldn't even buy the cheese at the grocery store for less than $55.

Was heading home and decided to go slower than the 55 mile per hour speed limit...I was doing 35 to 40. No one behind me. Just took my time, checking out the scenery....farmers out harvesting their crops of corn and soy beans, kids riding their bikes, people getting in a last motorcycle ride for the year, a few people washing their cars. Dogs and horses and cows and donkeys basking in the sun. Had the windows down, the radio up and playing country music. I was wearing my camoflague Chevy ball cap and favorite pair on $1 sunglasses. A cold 20 ounce Dr. Pepper tucked into the center cup holder. Saw a couple low flying GA aircraft....Cessnas of some sort most likely...really couldn't say for sure...so many of the modern GA aircraft look the same to me. A few kites were flying as well...one was WAAAAAY up there.

Yep, today has been a great day....and it's only 2:15 Ohio time....so still some hours to go yet. So I am going to do something I rarely do....shut my computer OFF....and just relax, enjoy the sun, maybe even take the dogs out for a nice session of fetch before the snows come calling. Yeah... me, my dogs and their newspaper toy...sounds like a good plan to me.

OBIO

Rami
November 14th, 2009, 10:40
50 and raining buckets here in a driving gale....a good ol' fashioned Nor-Easter.

Cazzie
November 14th, 2009, 11:13
In and tired, did a speed walk 8K (5-miles) in the DCC (Danville Community College) Half-marathon/8K race this morning. Won first in my age bracket with a time of 1:13:05. Did the sweep of the half-marathon after I finished my walk on my bike and felt so good, i did another 5 miles on the bike after that. over 300 participants altogether, not at all bad considering we had to totally alter the course due to the flood. But I think everybody in a 60 mile radius just had cabin fever after Ida and the day was too good to turn down for those that love recreation in the outdoors. Highs here reached 70 plus today, more tomorrow and higher temps. :jump:

I am going by the Brewfest at the Carrillion after I drop my son off at work. The DCC race has awards I truly love. If you win, you get a "real" glass mug and free brew at the BrewFest. Now that's worth more than any medal. :medals:

Caz

TARPSBird
November 14th, 2009, 11:49
Another crap day here in Tidewater. :frown: Overcast, misty rain, temp about 60. At least no more high winds.

lifejogger
November 14th, 2009, 13:44
Cool and overcast here in West Texas, a chance of snow tomorrow and Monday.

GT182
November 14th, 2009, 15:50
Still crappy here in Delaware. It's supposed to clear up later on tonight, and I hope it does..... tomorrow is Jet Day at KILG. As it is every Sunday we can get them up.

Dangerousdave26
November 14th, 2009, 16:57
Typical South Florida day

Lots of Sun

I got sun burnt and wind burnt today.

But it was worth it. :ernae:

Bjoern
November 15th, 2009, 01:56
Blue skies for a change here.

I hate november nonetheless.

cheezyflier
November 15th, 2009, 07:08
a gray day here in canadia. unseasonably warm (that's not a complaint)

GT182
November 15th, 2009, 11:57
Turned out beautiful here today, and we had a great morning to lauch the Mig-21 and L-39. T-shirt weather once again. :d 71 degrees and I mowed the lawn for the last time this year. Yeaaaaaaaaa. LOL