PDA

View Full Version : 'Cirrus Has To Lay-Off 58 Employees'

Panther_99FS
November 13th, 2009, 18:27
http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story.jsp?id=news/CIR111309.xml&headline=Cirrus Aircraft Lays Off 58 Workers&channel=busav

Lionheart
November 13th, 2009, 18:30
A horrible time for a layoff, right at Christmas time.

Lets hope they get some Christmas orders in soon and that the non-working get some part time jobs to help cover Christmas.

Bill

Cratermaker
November 13th, 2009, 19:05
Geez is it that time of the year? I'm not an accountant, but is seems to be important to these companies to do it right at the end of the year. Anyone know why this is so? I know a lot of companies fiscal year matches the calender year, but why terminations at the end of the year? Why not sooner? Why not early next year? Are the budgets so rigid they can not be changed mid-year? :isadizzy:

viking3
November 13th, 2009, 20:16
As an aviation worker the only guarantee is that you WILL get laid off, it's just a matter of how many times and for how long. As my buddy at Air Canada says "That's why them tool boxes have wheels boy."
My personal story includes 3 layoffs from Air Canada and 1 shutdown at Bristol Aerospace after the CAF canceled their F-5 updates. I always keep my resume and contact list up to date.
It's a crappy part of the job but you soon learn to swing with the good and the bad.

Regards, Rob:ernae: