PDA

View Full Version : veyron in a lake

strega13
November 13th, 2009, 08:05
ridiculous
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/091112_bugatti_la_marque_crash_lake

OBIO
November 13th, 2009, 10:43
What an IDIOT! Trashing a Veyron while looking at a pelican. IDIOT!

srgalahad
November 13th, 2009, 10:54
One lawyer will advise him to sue the towing company for damage to the body by using chains;
another lawyer will advise him to sue the county for not posting a sign :"Caution, Low-Flying Pelicans May Cause Distraction"
A third will probably suggest he sue the state/county for not adequately separating the lake from the road.

I hope it wasn't his wife's car...:icon_lol:

Wing_Z
November 13th, 2009, 11:02
It took some of Germany's finest engineers a couple of tries to get this one right (their first finished vehicle was rejected by the boss).
The final product is a monument of the automotive art, probably nothing like it will ever be built again.

" Crews say the driver did not appear upset by the incident. "
Salt water is not good, the vehicle is ruined.

While not quite up there with the Taliban dynamiting Buddhas, you do have to hope a few of the owners of these $2m trinkets realise what it is they've bought.

I feel physically sick.

GT182
November 13th, 2009, 11:17
If it's trashed, I'll give hime a dollar two ninety eight for it. Sight un seen. :d

Lionheart
November 13th, 2009, 11:25
AKKKK!!!!

Grim!!!!

arrghh..

You have to realise, when it boils right down to it, its only a car and they can suffer horrible fates at times.. Some skate through their lives getting no scratches, and others find every single scratcher, parking lot dinger, fender benders, (salt water lakes), etc, etc... (not to mention falling, defunct Russian satelites and small meteors).

I am sure its salvageable if its only been in salt water for a mear 3 hours or so. People drive on wet winter highways with salt on the road. Shouldnt be a big deal.

Bill

Wing_Z
November 13th, 2009, 12:04
Saving grace would be that this owner would never call on all that engineering, needed to top 400 km/h.
So losing a critical component of the electronic sensing loop in say the stability control system also probably wouldn't matter.
Where's that icon...I've never used it...ah! Here :barf:

cheezyflier
November 13th, 2009, 13:25
if it was running when the engine became submerged it will have to be replaced or rebuilt. hydraulic pressures where they aint sposed to be can bend the mightiest of con rods, and destroy valvetrains. the rear differential is probably in need of a rebuild. tranny too most likely.

Chacha
November 13th, 2009, 13:55
AKKKK!!!!

Grim!!!!

arrghh..

You have to realise, when it boils right down to it, its only a car and they can suffer horrible fates at times.. Some skate through their lives getting no scratches, and others find every single scratcher, parking lot dinger, fender benders, (salt water lakes), etc, etc... (not to mention falling, defunct Russian satelites and small meteors).

I am sure its salvageable if its only been in salt water for a mear 3 hours or so. People drive on wet winter highways with salt on the road. Shouldnt be a big deal.

Bill

It is a big deal ,Lionheart, it is water damaged, submerged in water.... not splashed with salt water.... totally different.... imho ...

It is salvageable.... goodness you twist my tongue there... let's put it this way... Yes, it can be salvaged, but its the category will still be water damaged ... what do I know... :isadizzy:

Unless, they replaced all the parts that water has damaged... mainly... the engine... maybe :isadizzy:

Lionheart
November 13th, 2009, 13:55
if it was running when the engine became submerged it will have to be replaced or rebuilt. hydraulic pressures where they aint sposed to be can bend the mightiest of con rods, and destroy valvetrains. the rear differential is probably in need of a rebuild. tranny too most likely.

This is true.

I had a Chrysler Laser IONS (many ions) ago that I accidentally tried to cross a flooded area with.. Hydraulic locked it.. Luckily it made it and I was able to crank the water out. eeks.. .

Bill

Dain Arns
November 13th, 2009, 14:02
Maybe the $2million should have gone for a better, greater use than wasting it on a single car for this fool. :kilroy:

srgalahad
November 13th, 2009, 16:38
Maybe the $2million should have gone for a better, greater use than wasting it on a single car for this fool. :kilroy:

Yeah, but it's a bit late to spend it on Planned Parenthood classes and birth control for his parents

MCDesigns
November 13th, 2009, 17:14
Yeah, but it's a bit late to spend it on Planned Parenthood classes and birth control for his parents

LOL, classic! :ernae:

EasyEd
November 13th, 2009, 17:20
Hey All,

A Veyron in a lake - what's wrong with that? Ugly car to start with - not as good looking or as fast as a Shelby Super Cars (SSC) Ultimate Aero TT. Now a loss of one of those would be tragic.

-Ed-

Willy
November 13th, 2009, 17:50
I have to say it could have been worse. It's not like it was a Chevy Vega. :d

lifejogger
November 13th, 2009, 20:19
He was actually reaching for his cell phone when the bird distracted him.

Dain Arns
November 14th, 2009, 00:27
Hey All,

A Veyron in a lake - what's wrong with that? Ugly car to start with - not as good looking or as fast as a Shelby Super Cars (SSC) Ultimate Aero TT. Now a loss of one of those would be tragic.

-Ed-

As I'll never get to drive either...

I know this one has been posted before, and the Ultimate Aero TT holds the record now, but this is one of my favorite Bugatti Veyron videos from a few years ago. This is an amazing 10 minutes of video, and I'm still glad James got to drive it to the max that day...

LO0PgyPWE3o

Ferry_vO
November 14th, 2009, 03:01
There was someone driving next to it and filming just when the accident happened...

fSAQLkHocEs

:kilroy:

Edit: Interesting comment I found on another site:

The Lufkin Daily News has now identified that driver as Andy House, the owner of Performance Auto Sales in Lufkin.
Perhaps too coincidentally, the company restores wrecked exotics for resale, which makes this whole situation seem like something akin to a mortician offing his own family members to drum up business. Unthinkable, for sure, and we hope it’s not the case here as we’d hate to discover later that this Veyron was sacrificed as a publicity stunt.

kilo delta
November 14th, 2009, 04:28
The cynic in me is thinking "insurance job":kilroy:

Dain Arns
November 14th, 2009, 09:38

After watching the video...

Interesting he pulled off the road at a point where there is a gradual slope into the lake. No attempt to correct the path either, did not seem to be going that fast. :mixedsmi:

GT182
November 14th, 2009, 09:54

Exactly!

Bjoern
November 14th, 2009, 10:27
Another candidate for WreckedExotics.com.

JoeW
November 14th, 2009, 11:12
About the best thing they could do would be to sink it in some fresh water for about a week. Then go from there.