PDA

View Full Version : Keeping up with Cascade Game Foundry?

crashaz
November 11th, 2009, 06:58
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25919

Lionheart
November 11th, 2009, 08:34
Thanks Crashaz for the heads up. Thats a good read.

I wish them the very best. It will be good to see what they can do without 'big brother' telling them what they should do and shouldnt do. Now we can see some really cool stuff evolve..

Bill

Matt Wynn
November 11th, 2009, 08:43
wow, immersion sliders, sounds interesting can i get a pet bird that follows my plane wherever i go? :icon_lol: watch the little sucker try to keep up with an F/A-18 15ft off the deck :icon_lol: overall maybe thats what simulation needs, someone to hit reset and start a new definition of the term...

crashaz
November 11th, 2009, 09:06
Always need those people stretching the envelope...:wavey:

cheezyflier
November 11th, 2009, 09:51
"reading between the lines" (for me) leads to some interesting speculations.

but, aside from that it, sounds like they are talking partly about having a missions based sort of product. i wholly endorse that idea, as long as it is open-ended.
i like what i was reading in that article, i wish them all the best. i hope they produce a product that encourages me to be their customer.

notice the first comment recalls tourist trophy? a great game, i would love to see it's return. i would buy a console just for that one title. in fact, it would be the only reason (to me) for buying one.

n4gix
November 11th, 2009, 11:41
As a developer, this of course drew my eyes:

Another area of focus for the Cascade team is offering high-quality toolsets alongside their projects. Flood notes that traditional simulation fans have enjoyed modifying and working with toolsets to customize their experiences even when those tools aren't very good.

"Certainly, the tools that we will need to build the games ourselves... can be a much more accessible toolset, and extend the audience of people who can participate."

Lionheart
November 11th, 2009, 17:00
As a developer, this of course drew my eyes:

That is awesome!!!!

Tools alone could be a huge industry in the gaming field...

Bill

Lionheart
November 11th, 2009, 17:08
One thing that I would buy from them is a compiler that could make a model in FS2004 that could be super close in Vertice proximity and allow for larger model sizes, (higher number of polygons).

:ernae:

Bill

Snuffy
November 12th, 2009, 03:37
I just dropped the Foundry a wish list email. :) :bump: