PDA

View Full Version : Port Over I need Help With

TeaSea
November 11th, 2009, 06:28
This is probably so blatantly obvious that it's hitting me right in the face...

I have tried to use the default Jenny from FS9, yet it does not show up in my aircraft listing from inside the game.

Is this an alias problem, and if so, how do I fix it?

falcon409
November 11th, 2009, 06:36
This is probably so blatantly obvious that it's hitting me right in the face...
I have tried to use the default Jenny from FS9, yet it does not show up in my aircraft listing from inside the game.
Is this an alias problem, and if so, how do I fix it?
As long as it resides in the SIMOBJECTS folder it should at least show up in the aircraft selections. If you added a thumbnail then of course you'll have a pic of it to select, otherwise it just shows a blank in the selection menu. It should definitely be there.

IanP
November 11th, 2009, 08:20
Didn't someone from around here convert the Jenny to FSX format and release it with permission from ACES?

The file name, if it is the one I'm thinking of, was "Curtiss_Jenny.zip" and it wasn't the complete aircraft - it required the FS9 Jenny for some of the files. Darned if I can find the zip file online now, though. Anyone got any ideas?

PZL Belfegor
November 11th, 2009, 08:33
http://simhangar.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=34&lang=english :)

euroastar350
November 11th, 2009, 08:38
Yes in fact, there was a converted Jenny....forgot where I got it from.

euroastar350
November 11th, 2009, 08:43
Found it.

http://simhangar.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=34

IanP
November 11th, 2009, 08:51
That's the lassie!

Thanks for tracking that down. Google and I failed spectacularly. :(

euroastar350
November 11th, 2009, 08:57
Thats weird Ian as I typed "FSX Curtiss Jenny" and was the first link on the list

IanP
November 11th, 2009, 09:19
Exactly the same search I used. The top article was a link to a port on simviation. Sometimes, Google's servers have a mind of their own.

guzler
November 11th, 2009, 09:36
I think panels need to be aliased to fsx aircraft unless it comes with its own, might be wrong.

Roger
November 11th, 2009, 09:37
It was wonderful that Michal did the FsX conversion on the Fs9 Jenny source file and I fly it regularly.:applause:

I found that a slight change in View was required.

[Views]
eyepoint = -4.916, 0.0, 1.94

IanP
November 11th, 2009, 10:56
I think panels need to be aliased to fsx aircraft unless it comes with its own, might be wrong.

You need to copy the bits of aircraft that aren't in the zip across from the FS9 version. That should give you a panel.

TeaSea
November 11th, 2009, 12:53
Well, doesn't help me much....

Yes, the file is in the SimObjects folder, and while I've not updated the thumbnail, but I should at least get a big 'ole blank question mark...which I do not get.

Anyone else got any ideas?

IanP
November 11th, 2009, 12:58
Everything has to be there, with appropriate contents: A panel folder, a model folder, at least one texture folder, a sound folder, a .air file, an aircraft.cfg file. Without all of those, you won't see it in the select aircraft window. The gauge file can be placed in the panel folder these days, but depending on how it is called, it might not work.

The "appropriate contents" varies and .cfg files aliasing them to something else are perfectly acceptable in X as they were in 9.

Check that you have copied everything over correctly before you go any further, because missing something out is the quickest way to not have something work.

TeaSea
November 12th, 2009, 15:51
Thanks IanP...

I'll go back through it. You are doubtless correct in that I've just overlooked something.