PDA

View Full Version : Updated Miles Magisters By Edward Cook ...

Flyboy208
November 10th, 2009, 19:46
Available at Flightsim ...

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Warbirds
FS2004 Miles M14A Magister

[ Download | View ]

Name: magintv6.zip Size: 2,124,913 Date: 11-09-2009 Downloads: 243
FS2004 Miles M14A Magister, in intermediate Camouflage scheme The first monoplane trainer to enter RAF service. Aircraft possibly of No. 28 E&RFTS at Meir, circa 1939. Minor changes to the Flight Dynamics and panel.cfg. Ver. 6 by Edward Cook.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Download | View ]

Name: maglatv6.zip Size: 2,059,581 Date: 11-09-2009 Downloads: 218
FS2004 Miles M14A Magister in late war camouflage scheme. First monoplane trainer to enter RAF service. Minor changes to the flight dynamics and a 'panel_cfg' mod. Ver. 06 by Edward Cook.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Download | View ]

Name: mm14_v06.zip Size: 2,354,263 Date: 11-09-2009 Downloads: 325
FS2004 Miles M14A Magister. First monoplane trainer to enter RAF service. Aircraft of No. 15 EFTS. at Redhill, circa 1939. Minor changes to the flight dynamics and a panel_cfg mod. Ver. 06 by Edward Cook.

[ Download | View ]

Name: mm14_v05.zip Size: 2,199,560 Date: 08-20-2009 Downloads: 766
FS2004 Miles M14A Magister. The first monoplane trainer to enter RAF service. Aircraft of No. 15 EFTS. at Redhill, 1939. Recast to FSDS v3.5.1 standard. Version 05 by Edward Cook.

Cheers! Mike :wiggle:

OBIO
November 10th, 2009, 20:09
Came across those the other night and downloaded them...have not installed them yet. Really need to do so...very nice vintage trainers.

Tim

UKVoodoo
November 11th, 2009, 03:50
Sorry to sound ignorant..are they the same aircraft with different tweaks or are they all individual aircraft..im confuzzled which one I should get :kilroy:

Matt

TomSteber
November 11th, 2009, 04:11
I just got all three.
They are all complete aircraft.
The first two are just different paints but complete aircraft.
The last one is different paint/wheelpants.

Only tried one out. Seems to fly nice but could sure use some work on the sounds. No start up sound at all.
Maybe another project for OBIO?

Mick
November 11th, 2009, 05:18
[QUOTE=TomSteber;288640]I just got all three.
They are all complete aircraft.
The first two are just different paints but complete aircraft.
The last one is different paint/wheelpants.
QUOTE]

I haven't examined them in detail, but the first two have models with different last modified dates (all three do) so he must've changed something between the first and second versions as well as the third.

TomSteber
November 11th, 2009, 06:54
Going off to try them before work.
Will report back unless I go down in flames!

TomSteber
November 11th, 2009, 07:32
Honestly, I can't tell the difference between them other than paint/pants.
Really liking it though. Makes me want to skip work today!

OBIO
November 11th, 2009, 10:59
Okay...there is the Miles M14A Magister with full spats, the yellow prewar painted one. There there are two Early war painted ones...one says it has half spats...but they are both the same. Then there are two late war painted ones...again one says it has half spats....again they are the same.

The half spat planes do have half spats, but so do the ones that don't. I wonder if he got some wires crossed along the way? Anyhow...going to enjoy these to the fullest....I love trainers, vintage planes, British planes...so these are right on mark...if they only had a radial engine they would be perfect.

Edward did do a radial powered Miles Messenger I think it is...will have to look.

As far as sound for these Magisters goes....there is a nice sound pack for the Tigermoth floating around somewhere...not sure where...I have it....and the Magister used the same Gypsy inverted 4 that the Puss Moth, Tiger Moth and those planes used. Heck, Milton's Puss Moth comes with a very nice Gypsy Major 1 inverted 4 sound pack...use that for the Magisters and dump the sound packs that came with the planes.

Oh, anyone else notice that some of the planes won't stay running without a bit of throttle advance?

OBIO

arl
November 11th, 2009, 14:45
The only two radial powered aircraft that Ted has done about that era are the Hawker Tomtit biplane trainer and the Comper Swift. There is a Miles Messenger available on classicbritishfiles.com. Together with lots of Austers and other Miles birds - mostly gipsy powered.

Can't think of anyone ever fitting a radial to a Miles - the Sparrowjet stretches the radial definition a bit far - just not cricket old boy. :england:

UKVoodoo
November 11th, 2009, 15:08
I have a Miles M.19 Master and a Master MKII which has got a Bristol Mercury in it not sure if ya thinking of them both seem to be by Ted Cook in the readme

Matt

OBIO
November 11th, 2009, 23:31
The M27 is the one I am thinking off...yep, had to look in my aircraft folder. Kind of an ugly plane...but in a cute way...kind of like a gap-toothed Liverpool tart wearing shiny nickers (I sometimes become momentarily possessed by an old, fat and drunk English lorry driver named Jake).

Tim

arl
November 11th, 2009, 23:54
So you've met the HouseDragon then..............:a1089::a1089:

OBIO
November 12th, 2009, 01:53
Boy did I have the M14s messed up. Somehow I ended up downloaded the newest versions and the previous versions..and had them ALL installed. I was really getting confused.

To clear up the mystery surrounding these three models (the newest versions of them so that we are all on the same page):

The Yellow and Metal Pre-War model has full spats on the landing gear.

The early war model (the one with intv6 in the zip name) has half spats on the landing gear...the upper landing strut is encased in a larger housing.

The late war model (the one with the latv6 in the zip name) has no spats...the landing gear is total naked.

That is the difference between the three models...one is fully dressed, one is half dressed, and one ain't dressed at all.

OBIO

TomSteber
November 12th, 2009, 03:48
I think I'll try the Puss Moth's sound for it. Thanks for the idea.