PDA

View Full Version : WW2 Gliders?

Navy Chief
October 27th, 2008, 15:14
Are there any WW2 military gliders for FSX?

I did a search on AVSIM library, but didn't turn up any.

NC

stiz
October 27th, 2008, 15:35
i think putput (??) did a waco or horsa glider, should be on ere somewhere :isadizzy:

PutPut
October 27th, 2008, 15:36
My native FSX Airspeed Horsa is available at flightsim and simviation. It includes an AI style Halifax for use as a tow plane. (Instructions included.) My FS2004/FSX Waco CG-4 is available at the same sites. It includes instructions to change the default tow plane from the default Maule to a D-Day C-47 (FSX only) Just search on Airspeed Horsa and Waco CG-4.

Cheers, Paul

Navy Chief
October 27th, 2008, 18:24
Thank you!!!!

NC

jetstreamsky
October 28th, 2008, 13:55
This is worth checking out, seems to work well (use 2nd download link for later code version) http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6497

FelixFFDS
October 28th, 2008, 14:02
.... hmmmm and some interesting military transport gliders were developed ...

Navy Chief
October 28th, 2008, 14:18
Cool looking program. Downloaded it. Thanks!

NC

stiz
October 28th, 2008, 14:25
Fly active flightplan - towplane will climb to minimum turning altitude and then it will make a turn to the first waypoint in the flightplan on the GPS. After reaching the first waypoint, the towplane will fly to another one. If towplane reaches the last wayoint, a message is displayed on the screen (a green bar will appear) and the towplane will keep flying the heading it flew prior to reaching the waypoint. Please note that it actually does not have to be a flightplan, but it can be a "direct to" waypoint on the GPS, too. I don't know why, but "direct to" waypoint can not be activated on the GPS while being on the ground and not further from the waypoint than 3-4 miles.

now i just have to give that a go!!

Daube
October 28th, 2008, 15:06
This is worth checking out, seems to work well (use 2nd download link for later code version) http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6497

THANK YOU SO MUCH for showing that module to me ! :ernae:
I have installed and tested it, it work like a charm and finally I can get the towplane I want, and make it follow the path I want... that's just so cool, congratulations to the author (I don't know if he is here as well).

I have already made an introduction topic on another forum to show this module to other FSX glider lovers :)

jetstreamsky
October 28th, 2008, 15:27
Just one thing, I found that the configuration program wouldn't run for me, but you can simply edit the ini file anyway to set the parameters.

jetstreamsky
October 28th, 2008, 15:31
I have already made an introduction topic on another forum to show this module to other FSX glider lovers :)

Which forum is that, I've been gliding a lot recently using the CumulusX and Simprobe programs to create ridge lift based on the underlying mesh, it's enormous fun, one of the best things FSX brought to the table in my opinion, especially if you have a slower PC. :jump:

Railrunner130
October 28th, 2008, 17:17
There's a nice Horten HoIVa at avsim.com. Not really a warfighter, it was used to design larger german aircraft.

Lionheart
October 28th, 2008, 17:20
There was also a cool German glider released that carried 6 soldiers in a row, tightly in a narrow fuselage glider. At first it looks like a single or two passenger craft, but it carried a number of soldiers in there. It had a side hatch that hinged down that was quite large for the soldiers in the back.

But man, I dont remember anything about what it was called or where it was at... arrgh..

Bill

EgoR64
October 28th, 2008, 17:53
:wavey:

The Glider tool is very cool, Would be nice to see these in formation flying in a Mission, Very cool cut loose and find a plce to slider her in !! Sweet !!

:ernae:

mvg3d
October 29th, 2008, 01:39
There was also a cool German glider released that carried 6 soldiers in a row, tightly in a narrow fuselage glider. At first it looks like a single or two passenger craft, but it carried a number of soldiers in there. It had a side hatch that hinged down that was quite large for the soldiers in the back.

But man, I dont remember anything about what it was called or where it was at... arrgh..

Bill

Hi Bill,
It was the DFS 230, used by German paratroopers in Eben-Emael's fortifications attack, Krete and East Front ops and, in Italy by Otto Skorzeny's Eiche Operation at Gran Sasso.....
I made a '230 for FS9, it has'nt VC, but I believe it can work in FSX, the aircraft is also here at SOH library (an older and an upgraded version)...

:d:d:d:d

Daube
October 29th, 2008, 02:21
Which forum is that, I've been gliding a lot recently using the CumulusX and Simprobe programs to create ridge lift based on the underlying mesh, it's enormous fun, one of the best things FSX brought to the table in my opinion, especially if you have a slower PC. :jump:

Ah sorry it's a french forum (CheckSix), so I think it won't be very "readable" for you :)
But I plan to make a translation in english for creating a topic on SimV, and maybe here as well. I will check if I can do that today.

EDIT: Just done :)

Lionheart
October 29th, 2008, 08:59
Hi Bill,
It was the DFS 230, used by German paratroopers in Eben-Emael's fortifications attack, Krete and East Front ops and, in Italy by Otto Skorzeny's Eiche Operation at Gran Sasso.....
I made a '230 for FS9, it has'nt VC, but I believe it can work in FSX, the aircraft is also here at SOH library (an older and an upgraded version)...

:d:d:d:d

Hey Manuel,

Dang! I didnt know you did that one. Brilliant model! Nice job on the details and side hatch.

:ernae: :applause: :ernae:

Bill

jetstreamsky
October 29th, 2008, 13:22
Ah sorry it's a french forum (CheckSix), so I think it won't be very "readable" for you :)
But I plan to make a translation in english for creating a topic on SimV, and maybe here as well. I will check if I can do that today.

EDIT: Just done :)

Thanks, I'll take a look, I can usually get by reading in French, not great but well enough, being a Brit living in Quebec :costumes::banghead:

captdoug
October 29th, 2008, 19:20
Try a search for "WACO" "all categories" on Flightsim.com or "Paul Clawson"

There is an FSX Horsa and a Waco

I have the Waco and its fun to glide in. Just like te real one i would imagine it dosen't soar...just glides slowly and sinks at a very slow rate.

It looks ok, nothing over detailed and with a VC.

The author includes instructions on how to switch from the FSX default Maule tow plane in case you want to use a C-47 or something else.

regards,

Captdoug