PDA

View Full Version : New Nachtjager On The Block

tonybones2112
November 9th, 2009, 23:06
Friends, I found MS CFS2 at a thrift shop for a buck, the disks, and got the book from Amazon today. Guess I am now a newbie. Over the last 3 weeks I have been downloading planes from whereever I can find them. I have easily 100-150 aircraft add-ons, plus missions and a few other things. My only prior experience in flightsim was Yeager's Air Combat. I've had a lifelong interest in military aviation, specializing in WW2. I had a library of 200 books on this subject, in an estate scam I lost everything and am left with Francillion's book on Jap planes and two books, one on Jap Army aircraft colors and one on Navy, the author's name I don't recall. I live within 7 miles of the USAF Museum At WP AFB. I've owned every type of plastic model of the Zero on the planet. As a child I planked a large balsa model with thin sheet balsa rather than paper, detailed it and with dowel rod bomb, painted it as Lt. Seki's kamikaze Zero.

My heros are not Einstein, Obama, Bertrand Russell, or Jim Morrison. My heroes are George Kenney, Saburo Sakai, Adolf Galland, Rudel, Scotty McClusky, Gabreski, Charley McDonald, Rex Barber, Ensign George Gay, the Navy and Marine pilots at Midway, Tommy McGuire, Victor Belenko, Shomo, Helmut Lent, and the like.

I am not much for straight flight sim, switches and brakes, trim and preflight lists are not my thing, I'm air combat oriented, which is why I loved Yeager's sim. Like an AK47: uncomplicated. I know next to nothing about MS CFS, other than I've read CFS3 is poop. I know nothing of adapting different formats of programs; there are many CFS1 planes I'd love to have fully functional in CFS2. I do know an AI is merely an unflyable drone(translated "target").

I can walk the dog in a dogfight but tired of it, my interests are ground attack and bomber interception. My scenario interests are:

Nightfighters: German and Jap particularly. Pulling under a B-29 in a Nick or Gekko, a Lancaster in an Uhu or Ju-88 solid-nose and blowing them out of the sky has a certain...finesse' and charm to it. I'm looking forward to flying lone-wolf Wide Sau also. Popping HE-111s over London in a Beaufighter don't seem to get it with me.
Ground Attack/Strafing: Are there any missions with Typhoons and P-47s strafing trains and tank columns out there? I read once a P-51 pilot on a ground attack mission noticed the Germans mounted 20mms in the trees rather than under them. Leaving an airfield of smoking and burning aircraft seems great stress relief to me.
Finland: The two wars between Soviet Russia and Finland.
Nomonhon Incodent.
Air War Between China & Japan In The 1930s.
Kamikaze Attacks: Flying a Frank or Zero through a screen of Hellcats to put it right on the deck of the Enterprise.
The Spanish Civil War: I want to fly a Nationalist BF-109B against I-16s(I'm a Ted Nugent Republican, what can I say?)

A few questions about aircraft:

1. I think Oldwheat recently did a Zeke mod for the Zero nightfighter, has anyone plans on doing the Raiden nightfighter?
2. Gentleman named Carlson did a JU-87A in Spanish Civil War livery over at Simviation, the plane is not available. Any idea where I can find this plane? I know of no JU-87A's out there anywhere.
3. There is a website on Lycos/Tripod won't allow me to download the Betty/Ohka combination and also the Mavis. Any ideas where I can get these planes? I have the Emily(One of my favorite comments on life was Scotty McClusky's at Midway, on downing an Emily: "We just shot the son of a bitch's ass off...")

I have a notebook running Windows TrainWreck(XP) and a 733 Mhz Windows 98 machine I want to dedicate solely to gaming. I'm not flying MSCFS2 right now.

I don't have a joystick. I prefer one runs from USB port. I'm scouring the thrift shops right now. I've never played online, I am on dialup and don;tknow if that translates well to real-time combat. I would adopt the nickname Flying Undertaker: In my younger days I was a licensed,practicing embalmer/restoration artist.

Pardon my verbosity and long-windedness; I write horror fiction and have adult ADD. These flight sims and the little guerrilla add-ons you guys have done are in some ways a dream come true to me. I get to pull under that B-17 in an ME-110 and riddle that puppy.

Good flying friends.

I tripped over a body in the dark.
"Muto!"
"Sakai, you returned alive...and with your wingman!. Spit on me my friend, spit on me..."
"Why?"
"I returned without my wingman...alone..."

Tony Bones

Jagdflieger
November 10th, 2009, 03:16
Welcome aboard Tonybones!

You've found the right place to hang out if you like CFS 2.

For a good B model Stuka, look no further than here and our library. Go to the upper tool bar and select "Add-ons." From the drop down menu, select "CFS 2 Add-ons." Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Choose Author's Name - Library" and then scroll down the drop down menu to "Wolfi" and click.

The Bruno will be on page two, but be sure to peruse all the pages for some of the best CFS 2 downloads you can find. Wolfi also made a super Helldiver and Peashooter as well as a Ki 27 and a G3M Nell bomber. Most of the current scenery packages all use his tanks, cars, bridges and houses so you should download them all.

For ground attack missions in a Stuka, try my Battle of France Stuka campaign. You can find it in the same way as described above or just click on my signature block below to be taken to my contributions to CFS 2. In that campaign, you'll fly the Alphasim D model Stuka, as Wolfi's was not available when I made the campaign. You can either get the D mode at Alphasim or substitute Wolfi's via some quick editing of the .mis files in the campaign.

JapLance
November 10th, 2009, 09:14
Welcome, tonybones2112, enjoy CFS2.

Regarding the Stukas, if you specifically want the A version, you can get CM Carlsson's Anton here:

http://www.myzone59.com/combat-flight-simulator/planesII12.htm

It has a Spanish Civil War livery and also a German one.

PJMack
November 10th, 2009, 11:53
Welcome, tonybones2112:applause:

Rami
November 10th, 2009, 12:01
Tony Bones,

I'm sorry, I would have responded to this post earlier, but in the last twenty-four hours I've developed a bad case of the flu.

To answer your question about Finland, click on the link in my signature to go to my website. On those pages you'll find three campaign packages for Finland with 98 total missions, covering the era from 1939 to 1944.

I've also done some ground-pounding missions for the Mosquito, Typhoon, Thunderbolt, and the Mustang.

tonybones2112
November 11th, 2009, 08:34
Welcome aboard Tonybones!

You've found the right place to hang out if you like CFS 2.

For a good B model Stuka, look no further than here and our library. Go to the upper tool bar and select "Add-ons." From the drop down menu, select "CFS 2 Add-ons." Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Choose Author's Name - Library" and then scroll down the drop down menu to "Wolfi" and click.

The Bruno will be on page two, but be sure to peruse all the pages for some of the best CFS 2 downloads you can find. Wolfi also made a super Helldiver and Peashooter as well as a Ki 27 and a G3M Nell bomber. Most of the current scenery packages all use his tanks, cars, bridges and houses so you should download them all.

For ground attack missions in a Stuka, try my Battle of France Stuka campaign. You can find it in the same way as described above or just click on my signature block below to be taken to my contributions to CFS 2. In that campaign, you'll fly the Alphasim D model Stuka, as Wolfi's was not available when I made the campaign. You can either get the D mode at Alphasim or substitute Wolfi's via some quick editing of the .mis files in the campaign.

Thank you David, you are my first contact personally in the CFS2 community.

The Stuka I wanted was the -A model, one of my greeters below gave me the link, however I am adding this -B model you suggest also, thanks my friend.

I downloaded your BOF Stuka mission, I downloaded 4 of your missions and expect to have all your postings soon. In the BOF from the RAF side one of the required planes was the Bf-109E-7, this link is dead. Can you give me a source for this plane?

I have spent the last 24 hours gathering all the required ships/planes/scenery/misc. for your FLYING BARRELS campaign. I'm looking forward to many hours of pleasant strafing. I'm on dialup which is a pain for 20 meg plane downloads.

I'm having problems accessing the new skin for McDonald's P-38 PUTT PUTT MARU. I noticed this site has a LIBRARY and an ARCHIVE, the ARCHIVE side is proving to be a problem for me to access, particularly this one skin.

I'm glad to be here David, your mission requirements for FLYING BARRELS opened up half a dozen links for me that were at other sites which are dead. I'm looking forward to learning this game and adding my voice as a help for newbies and veteran CFS2 players. Check six and tailwinds all the way, bro.

Bones

tonybones2112
November 11th, 2009, 08:54
Welcome, tonybones2112, enjoy CFS2.

Regarding the Stukas, if you specifically want the A version, you can get CM Carlsson's Anton here:

http://www.myzone59.com/combat-flight-simulator/planesII12.htm

It has a Spanish Civil War livery and also a German one.

Thank you JL. I notice you are in Spain, here in the States we have a phrase: You Made My Day. This you did with a source for this plane but moreso for the fine website link you gave me of many fine planes.

I assume from your nickname, JapLance, you have an interest in Jap planes. If you do not have access to Francillion's bible on Jap aircraft, I do, call on me any time if you need any info if this assumption is correct.

Good flying my friend, and thank you again.

Bones

tonybones2112
November 11th, 2009, 08:57
Welcome, tonybones2112:applause:

Thank you PJ, I am glad to be here.

"We're paratroopers, we're supposed to be surrounded..." Dick Winters, BANdD OF BROTHERS

Bones

tonybones2112
November 11th, 2009, 09:07
Tony Bones,

I'm sorry, I would have responded to this post earlier, but in the last twenty-four hours I've developed a bad case of the flu.

To answer your question about Finland, click on the link in my signature to go to my website. On those pages you'll find three campaign packages for Finland with 98 total missions, covering the era from 1939 to 1944.

I've also done some ground-pounding missions for the Mosquito, Typhoon, Thunderbolt, and the Mustang.

Rami, no apologies necessary. In the funeral biz we had a saying: Don't take medical advice from a mortician. That was a joke of course, but as an ex-mortician I have a bit of knowledge on pathology, and you need to monitor that flu. They are not telling the whole truth on H1N1 and are just trying to quell panic. The truth as evidenced here in Ohio is that it kills all ages, all medical conditions. I wish you well and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Thank you for the link to your site, I have it bookmarked and plan on looting it completely. A plane I m looking forward to strafing with is the 12-gun Hurricane. I like your Eastern Front missions, my latest horror story for the anthology I write for has a story named DOMOVOI; It begins on the Eastern Front in 1945 and then jumps forward to a trailer court in Ohio.

You take care, bro and hurry back.

Bones

JapLance
November 11th, 2009, 10:43
Thank you JL. I notice you are in Spain, here in the States we have a phrase: You Made My Day. This you did with a source for this plane but moreso for the fine website link you gave me of many fine planes.

I assume from your nickname, JapLance, you have an interest in Jap planes. If you do not have access to Francillion's bible on Jap aircraft, I do, call on me any time if you need any info if this assumption is correct.

Good flying my friend, and thank you again.

Bones

You're welcome :wavey:.

Regarding to my nick, well, it's just a nick :mixedsmi:. Nothing particularly special about Japanese planes, they're as interesting to me as could be a Folgore or a D.520. But always interested in WWII era in general (not only aircraft) since I was a kid.

Thanks for your offer about Francillion's work. If I ever needed something I'll let you know :ernae:.

fde_bressy
November 11th, 2009, 22:39
Rami, take care of your flu thanks to the French way called "Three hats medicine":
What you need is a bottle of rhum, sugar, hot water, lime juice and a hat.
Mix together hot water, lime juice, sugar and rhum ( or bourbon as well..)
Go to bed and set the hat at the other end of the bed.
Start dinking your medicine.
When you see THREE HATS at the other end of the bed, swith the light off and sleep. You are saved from flu
That's all, folks.....
Does NOT work for broken leg or such desease...

Rami
November 12th, 2009, 04:31
fde_bressy,

Thanks, my high fever broke last night in a puddle of sweat, soaked clothes, and sheets. I'm still running a low fever, but 100 is a lot better than 103.

tonybones2112
November 12th, 2009, 13:26
You're welcome :wavey:.

Regarding to my nick, well, it's just a nick :mixedsmi:. Nothing particularly special about Japanese planes, they're as interesting to me as could be a Folgore or a D.520. But always interested in WWII era in general (not only aircraft) since I was a kid.

Thanks for your offer about Francillion's work. If I ever needed something I'll let you know :ernae:.

You are much like me, I like all things WW2. All my brothers served in the military in the late 50s, 3 uncles served in WW2, those who couldn't worked in a civilian capacity. My father, who was a schoolteacher then, had polio and was crippled. He told me only 2 months before he died that he had been directly involved in designing the Sperry bombsight.

I'm particularly fond of sub warfare, but I do love those nightfighters.

Good flying my friend.

Bones

tonybones2112
November 12th, 2009, 18:39
fde_bressy,

Thanks, my high fever broke last night in a puddle of sweat, soaked clothes, and sheets. I'm still running a low fever, but 100 is a lot better than 103.

Rami, I'm glad your are feeling better.:applause:

Bones