PDA

View Full Version : Space Sim 2012: The Pilot Strikes Back

n4gix
November 9th, 2009, 20:12
Some ideas for a proposed new sim to be called "Space Sim 2012: The Pilot Strikes Back"

Some proposed features and pointers:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
When you engage the autopilot, a voice will say: “I’m Han Solo, captain of the Millenium Falcon”.

When a warninglight comes on, you are required to mumble: “I have a bad feeling about this”.

In case of a hijack, an audible warning will ring out: “Lock the door. And hope they don’t have blasters.”

If these hijackers happen to be Stormtroopers, you really have absolutely nothing to worry about. They couldn’t hit the backside of a bantha with a boat paddle.

Astrodroids will be installed on every commercial spaceship and they will be activated in case of any outside malfunctions and/or leaks. Only laserblasts can knock them off the smooth surface of your spaceship.

Make sure your astrodroids get proper and timely maintenance. They may have faulty motivators.

Virtual female flight-attendants all look like Leia in her “Return of the Jedi” outfit.

Always trust the info the GPS provides you with. Many Bothans have died getting that info.

When approaching your destination, you will hear: “Use the flaps, Luke. Use the flaps!”

When you crashland in the water, Yoda will appear out of nowhere and lift your spaceship to freedom.

The AI spaceships you see sneaking in front of you just before you land, are actually piloted by Ewoks. You can hear them on UNICOM frequency.

Take the lessons you will. Mmmm. Yes. Take the lessons you must. Help you they will.

When you turn on the TCAS, you will hear the following message: "My ally is the TCAS. And a powerful ally it is. Yes. Mmmm."

Bountyhunters fly around in funny looking trashcans. So they're easy to spot from a distance.

Take caution when landing in the Windy City. There just might be a trap waiting for you.

Jedi-mind tricks work when trying to board your spaceship carrying a weapon, but a patch will soon be available to fix that. SS2012 is still a tad behind on security measures.

Be careful you don’t lose the rear deflectorshield. You might need it later.

If your co-pilot happens to be a Wookie, and he has the controls, remind him to fly casual.

An add-on will help your onboard computer understand the binary language of moisture vaporators and binary loadlifters, as well as understanding any add-on protocoldroids you might encounter along the way.

If you fail to follow ATC instructions, they will call you a scruffy looking nerfherder. Then they’ll cancel flightfollowing.

Be mindful of the truth, for progessive taxi may lead to the Dark Side of the spaceport.

When the ATC yells at you and challenges your patience, don’t give in to your hatred towards them. It might not benefit you this time.

When people tell you your a/c looks like a piece of junk, tell them “she’s got it where it counts”. That'll change their opinion alright!

No, hyperdrives will NOT be made available any time soon. FS11 might have had them, but those plans are now in a galaxy far, far away...

After downloading an add-on spaceship, make sure you take it to Anchorhead first to have its memory erased. You don't know who it used to belong to.

If for some reason your spaceship goes into a steep dive, Yoda’s voice will be heard through your speakers: “Mind what you have learned! Save you it can!”.

Never let a protocoldroid try and fix your a/c. That’s what astrodroids are for.

Only sufficient practice will tell you whether the TCAS is stronger than the actual “Force”.

When a failure occurs aboard your spaceship, don’t be a wimp and yell “It’s not my fault!!”. It probably is and your spaceship may crash because of it.

When you manage to properly handle a heavy spaceship during take-off or landing, don’t get cocky or get delusions of grandeur. Your overconfidence is your weakness. Remember that at all times!

When starting up SS2012, you will hear: “I’m a pilot, like my father before me.”

When maneuvering your spacecraft in an unusual manner, you'll hear the ATC say: “The sim is strong with this one!”

Your co-pilot will speak a language that only YOU understand!

When your TCAS warns you of bad things to come, don’t rely on your instincts. Obi-Ron had taught you well, but you are NOT a pilot yet.

When flying into a stellar nebula, you will find it’s difficult to send a clear transmission.

If you get fed up with the ATC, just shoot the radio. It helps you get rid of frustration.

A sticker is added to every default spaceship panel which reads: “Adventure, excitement...a pilot craves not these things.”

When you’re on your final approach, remember to “Stay on target!!”
Always remember that flying through a severe laser firestorm isn’t like dusting crops, boy!

Lesson #1: Once you’ve become a pilot, forever will it dominate your destiny. After every successful flight, you will be told to “pass on what you have learned”.

When you land your cargoship in Mos Eisley Space Port (MESP), be on the look-out for Imperial Stormtroopers or bountyhunters. They might be after YOU!

In the event that you find yourself entering an asteroid-field (not likely in this SS, but my imagination is running amuck right now!), simply set 271 and fly right in. Especially if your co-pilot is a big furry creature that answers to the named “Chewie” and growls at your when YOU do something wrong!

Piglet
November 9th, 2009, 20:38
When planning to fly over snowy areas, make sure there is no trouble adapting your craft to the cold.

If you see a probe droid on the ramp, it's a good bet the FAA knows you're there.

Don't come out of hyperspece too close to your airport. The Imperial graveyards are full of officers who.....

Every craft has harpoons and tow cables!?!? We be huntin' whales matey?!?!

If you go to the Dark Side (for the cookies!), turn on your landing lights.

Lionheart
November 9th, 2009, 20:54
lololol...

Love it..