PDA

View Full Version : Help with sound prob. Please

Marvin Carter
November 9th, 2009, 12:32
Guys I have a question on sound cfg, I am redoing the stock trike sound for the Quickie and when I"m in VC and go out side and come back in the RPM sound has changed and have to advance it and then back of to get to come back right. I have notice this on some other planes but not all. Is this a sound cfg thing or is it some other thing I"m not knowing? Help Plaese!!!

Kiwikat
November 9th, 2009, 14:12
I've also had this problem in the past with certain planes. I just kind of dismissed it as a FSX bug, but perhaps there is something to it. :kilroy:

SpaceWeevil
November 9th, 2009, 14:37
I have this too - on some aircraft the VC sound remains 'full throttle' when the exterior sounds are at idle. It happens on the A2A Spitfire all the time but not the Warbirdsim Mustang so perhaps it's something in the aircraft.cfg or sound.cfg? I might try swapping sound packs and see if that helps..

wilycoyote4
November 9th, 2009, 14:47
Same here sometimes, an answer must be somewhere, I think the old previous flight problem or saved flights could be involved but just a guess.

falcon409
November 9th, 2009, 14:54
I can go one better than that. . .While I was flying the Melbourne Race I was using Milton's Spartan and noticed that the VC sounds were more or less correct for the speed I was traveling, but the exterior sounds were both high RPM's and an idle sound as well. I queried the masses about it on the RTW forum and no one ever answered.

waka172rg
November 9th, 2009, 14:57
I have this too.
I leave it on the view for 30-40 seconds before going back into the vc and it seems to not do it
(maybe sound loading i dont no y)
All as you can do is try that :ernae:

Marvin Carter
November 9th, 2009, 19:32
There was a fix for the Goose, when Aussie redid it, but didn't know what they did for it. be nice if one of the resident experts could help?

Smudge
November 9th, 2009, 22:25
Guys

This is an issue we've been battling for ages... let me ask you all one thing...those of you who are expericing the issue in question, how many of you are running XP?

Roger
November 9th, 2009, 23:08
Guys

This is an issue we've been battling for ages... let me ask you all one thing...those of you who are expericing the issue in question, how many of you are running XP?

I have this issue with a number of aircraft and I use Vista.

Marvin Carter
November 9th, 2009, 23:10
Vista 64

Mr.Mugel
November 10th, 2009, 00:32
Have it too, on Vista 32 SP2 and FSX Acceleration

SpaceWeevil
November 10th, 2009, 04:22
Guys

Vista 32 Home Premium & FSX SP2.

Smudge
November 10th, 2009, 05:07
Okay,

I've been doing soundpacks for FS9 and FSX for a little while now, some for sale, others included in separate packages, and in Vista, I've encountered this nasty bug you all mention.

Not to sound the age old 'it's Microsofts fault' issue, but well..in short it is really..lol.

If I recall correctly, with the advent of Vista, DX10 etc, Directsound was pretty much dumped in favour of various other ways of windows handling sound files. I don't recall the total situation, but some googling might enlighten those interested in the ins and outs of it all.

The bottom line is that Vista (and now Windows 7) doesn't handle sound files the same way XP did. This has a knock on effect in FSX where sound mixing is screwed up.

The unfortunate situation is that it's not a cut and dry 'this is what's wrong' kind of fix. I've experimented with altering the sample rate of the audiofiles to save resources which has worked somewhat, but have then hit a brick wall with the dreaded sound problems using less sounds than default soundpacks..

AFAIK The root cause is Vista/Win 7. With the Christen Eagle, I had no problems up to a point, ie, once I hit a certain amount of audio samples, the overlapping issue would occur, which makes me think that Vista/Win7 doesn't allow sampling of more than a set number of sounds at once.

I'll continue my testing to see if I can find anything else helpful, however this is one annoying bug in FSX/Vista/Win7 which continues to plague devs, sound engineers and FSX players... :S

BTW, I had no issues with XP.. :D

PRB
November 11th, 2009, 17:48
... The bottom line is that Vista (and now Windows 7) doesn't handle sound files the same way XP did. This has a knock on effect in FSX where sound mixing is screwed up. ...

Ok, now I'm confused. So is it Vista or FSX? Not all planes do it, and, interestingly, none of my ported over FS9 planes suffer this effect, only the FSX planes. And no FS9 planes running in FS9 on my Vista64 machine have this problem either. Are all FSX sound mixing “screwed up”, or are you saying that if the developer doesn’t “do” the sound correctly for an FSX plane, it will exhibit this odd behavior, if running in Vista?
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I have this other odd sound problem on my Vista64 machine, and this problem affects both FSX and FS9. Sometimes (not always), the initial playing of a sound file will cause a small pause in the sim. So, for example, when I land, as the wheels hit the runway, there is a tenth of a second pause in the sim, as the touchdown sounds try to play for the first time. It’s very annoying, particularly because one of the most fun moments of flying sim planes is that moment, after a perfect approach, when the wheels hit the runway, and the ship bounces a little, and tire screech sounds, it’s all very cool, only on my new computer, the moment is spoiled!

delta_lima
December 14th, 2011, 17:36
Rather than start another thread ...

Never had any sound issues of any kind - have done about 3 FSX installs and reinstalls - on this last one, here's what I am dealing with: when I advance throttle from idle to max

INSIDE/ VC or 2D view: - sounds fine - progresses from quiet to louder
OUTSIDE/spot view: - starts fine, but progresses from quiet to silent

Affects a number of planes - SF8 Sabre, a bunch of Alphasim planes (but not all!), and some Calclassic propliners.

Given how universal it its, I didn't think it was the planes' sounds, I ensured my Sound Blaster sound card drivers were current (they were).

Am running FSX + Accell, on windows XP 2.3 GHz machine.

Ideas on why I've been struck now and not before?

thanks,

DL

robert41
December 14th, 2011, 18:33
Also have sound issues with some FSX aircraft. The high rpm sound, when changing views, turn sound off and on resets to lower rpm sound. Out of phase sound with multi engine aircraft. But not all aircraft do this. I have Win7-64. FSX Accel and FS9. Problems are in FSX. FS9, all aircraft sounds are fine. I do not use a sound card.