PDA

View Full Version : Pratt and Whitney R-1340 sounds

OBIO
November 9th, 2009, 11:23
I uploaded a pretty large sound pack to the SOH library and to Flightsim.com. This sound pack is a rework of the stock FS2004 Ford Tri-Motor sound pack...which was really dull. THe Tri-Motor used R-1340s...so I made sure to include sound config files and directions to create single and twin applications of the R-1340. Look for it in a couple days under my username here in the FS2004 sound library or on FLightsim.com as Tweaked Ford Tri-Motor Sounds.zip (unless flightsim changes the name of the package).

OBIO

Rami
November 9th, 2009, 12:23
Thanks, Obie! :ernae:

OBIO
November 9th, 2009, 14:11
I botched the upload package and left out the enhanced interior sounds. Will upload a fix package containing the superior interior sounds.

OBIO

Jagdflieger
November 9th, 2009, 15:01
Obio,

Do you think these sound files will do Tanta Ju justice?

I think the old Ju 52 used BMW 132 radials, but they started life as a licensed version of the Pratt & Whitney Hornet 1690 Cubic Inch Radial. While the Tri Motor's R-1340 was a slightly smaller engine, I'll bet your updates should work out well in the old Ju 52.

OBIO
November 9th, 2009, 15:03
Let me dig around in my sound pack collection...I think I have a JU52 package that I have been working on.

Looks like I had uploaded that package...but it is not found on the server. Let me get it packaged up again and reuploaded. Have some others that look like they need reuploaded as well.

OBIO

Jagdflieger
November 9th, 2009, 15:06
Don't hurry for my sake Obio. It may quite a while before I can try them.

sc7500
November 9th, 2009, 15:12
Tim, you've been VERY busy - if my brief meander thru the FS200x files today are any indication...

Don't hide them lights under a bushel basket, Dude - let US of the Basement know when your stuff is posted more often, plz !

SC
:kilroy:

OBIO
November 9th, 2009, 15:27
Forget about the JU52 sounds I have been working on...I don't even use them anymore. I found some that are FAR better. They came with Pierino Primavesi's FS2004 JU-52s....which are superbly done for those who also fly FS2004 (also have FS2002 versions as well). The JU52 sounds that came with those planes are top notch and sound great across all RPMs.

http://www.ju52-3m.ch/models.htm

OBIO

OBIO
November 9th, 2009, 15:28
Tim, you've been VERY busy - if my brief meander thru the FS200x files today are any indication...

Don't hide them lights under a bushel basket, Dude - let US of the Basement know when your stuff is posted more often, plz !

SC

I haven't been that busy...well, working on A LOT of stuff as usual..but getting almost nothing completed AS USUAL. So many projects going on that they keep getting in the way of one another. I prioritized them in an effort to get some order going and get things done...didn't help.

OBIO

miamieagle
November 9th, 2009, 21:18
Thank you!:ernae:

sc7500
November 10th, 2009, 14:29
...I haven't been that busy...well, working on A LOT of stuff as usual..but getting almost nothing completed AS USUAL. So many projects going on that they keep getting in the way of one another. I prioritized them in an effort to get some order going and get things done...didn't help...

You just described my life in 3 sentences, Bud...

And DANG IT Rami - now *I* have some sort of dadburned flu bug !!

It's Catching.... Argh...

SC

Z-AZ1USN
November 10th, 2009, 17:40
Pierino Primavesi's FS2004 JU-52s....which are superbly done for those who also fly FS2004 (also have FS2002 versions as well). The JU52 sounds that came with those planes are top notch and sound great across all RPMs.

http://www.ju52-3m.ch/models.htm

I tried his ju52 in FS9 and the props look horrible, solid white disks.
Anyway to fix that? Am also looking for a FSX version maybe a decent
FS9 one that will port to FSX.

sc7500
November 10th, 2009, 18:07
AZ1USN;

Do a search in the library here for Kelticheart - Stefano is a rare gift to our little group of maniacs, and has established himself as THE go-To guy for all things Prop Worthy... Pretty sure he's got a replacement set of blades for your kite all ready to d/l...

SC