PDA

View Full Version : This is scary ...

Snuffy
November 6th, 2009, 09:52
To think that something that is supposed to be that technologically advanced ... The Hadron collider stopped again.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,572567,00.html?test=latestnews

djscoo
November 6th, 2009, 10:35
It will continue to be delayed until the year 2012...at which point it will work perfectly and the world will cease to exist.:pop4:

Dain Arns
November 6th, 2009, 12:03
It will continue to be delayed until the year 2012...at which point it will work perfectly and the world will cease to exist.:pop4:

Mayan calender doesn't stop at 2012, it just starts a new five thousand odd year cycle. :wavey: :icon_lol:

Gee, wouldn't be a higher being stopping the Collider? :icon_lol:

OBIO
November 6th, 2009, 12:17
Mayan calender doesn't stop at 2012, it just starts a new five thousand odd year cycle. :wavey: :icon_lol:

People have gotten so hung up on this 2012 thing....and Dain is correct. The Mayan calender does not STOP, it continues beyond 2012....12-21-2012 is the date that scholars have said is the date, no one really knows for sure since the Mayan culture that created the calender is long gone...but the 2012 date is just the end on one cycle and the beginning of another. So many people are willing to allow their lives to be shaped by interpretations of ancient calenders and the babbling of people who said they could see the future, then wrote down their visions in what can best be described as incoherent poems.

People, live today like it is your last day. Forget about yesterday, it is done and over...nothing you can do about it now other than learn from it. Tomorrow and all the tomorrows to come...all you can do is plan for it, but you can not stop it tomorrow from becoming today, then becoming yesterday. Live in the here and now...life is so much simpler when you stop looking at the calender, stop staring at your clock.

OBIO

Matt Wynn
November 6th, 2009, 12:20
anyone else puzzled by this.....

"The massive machine at the center of the world's biggest scientific experiment has malfunctioned again – derailed by a bit of bread dropped by a bird.

The Hadron Collider, buried 100m under the ground near Geneva, Switzerland, is supposed to recreate conditions seen after the Big Bang. Scientists hope the $7.3 billion machine will shed light on the event that many scientists believe gave birth to the universe around 14 billion years ago, but the project has suffered a series of setbacks.

The latest saw a "bit of baguette," thought to have been dropped by a bird, fall onto machinery, causing a fault."

whats a bird doing IN the LHC, bloomin expensive way to fast cook your food, even if it is destroyed to a molecular level "yes waiter i'll take my bird obliterated" :icon_lol::icon_lol:

djscoo
November 6th, 2009, 12:23
My comment was meant to be toungue-in-cheek...
As for the LHC, quantum mechanics has always perplexed me. If I can't see it then I have a hard time understanding it.:mixedsmi:

Dain Arns
November 6th, 2009, 12:27
anyone else puzzled by this.....

"The massive machine at the center of the world's biggest scientific experiment has malfunctioned again – derailed by a bit of bread dropped by a bird.

The Hadron Collider, buried 100m under the ground near Geneva, Switzerland, is supposed to recreate conditions seen after the Big Bang. Scientists hope the $7.3 billion machine will shed light on the event that many scientists believe gave birth to the universe around 14 billion years ago, but the project has suffered a series of setbacks.

The latest saw a "bit of baguette," thought to have been dropped by a bird, fall onto machinery, causing a fault."

whats a bird doing IN the LHC, bloomin expensive way to fast cook your food, even if it is destroyed to a molecular level "yes waiter i'll take my bird obliterated" :icon_lol::icon_lol:

So it was a higher being!!! :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Matt Wynn
November 6th, 2009, 12:27
like electricity, yes you can see lightning but you can't see it on your appliances and plugs & sockets...

Dain Arns
November 6th, 2009, 12:30
My comment was meant to be toungue-in-cheek...
As for the LHC, quantum mechanics has always perplexed me. If I can't see it then I have a hard time understanding it.:mixedsmi:

Awww, I know your comment was. :icon_lol: I'm amazed at how many people still believe it though these days.

Thankfully Hollywood was able to quickly cash-in on the idea... (sarcasm)
http://www.whowillsurvive2012.com/

djscoo
November 6th, 2009, 12:35
like electricity, yes you can see lightning but you can't see it on your appliances and plugs & sockets...
I was talking about superstates, entanglement, and other quantum level oddities.

It looks juvenile, but this program called "Dr. Quantum" is what introduced me to stuff like that. (I think I stumbled upon it while reading about the LHC) This is the scale of stuff they're dealing with over there (I can see how a breadcrumb could screw it up! lol). It's mind boggling!
DfPeprQ7oGc&feature=youtube_gdata
:isadizzy:

Naismith
November 6th, 2009, 15:24
[QUOTE=Snuffy;285517]To think that something that is supposed to be that technologically advanced ... The Hadron collider stopped again.
QUOTE (http://QUOTE)]

It's not often I laugh out loud whilst in front of the PC but this comment got me tittering like a fool.

Lionheart
November 6th, 2009, 17:58
I was talking about superstates, entanglement, and other quantum level oddities.

It looks juvenile, but this program called "Dr. Quantum" is what introduced me to stuff like that. (I think I stumbled upon it while reading about the LHC) This is the scale of stuff they're dealing with over there (I can see how a breadcrumb could screw it up! lol). It's mind boggling!
DfPeprQ7oGc&feature=youtube_gdata
:isadizzy:

Thats a pretty cool film DJScoo.

Very impressive.

I have heard alot of things about the colliders. I dont know much about them.

Its funny though. In medicine, what really freaks out doctors is wild healings especially by prayer groups and prayer lists. A person that is supposedly going to die of cancer is suddenly cured, cancer free, in one week, nothing showing in their body of any evidence.

One of the things Jesus would teach, was that you could effect (move) a mountain (a real mountain) by mere faith. That 'faith' alone can change 'everything'.

Looks to me like quantum physics is touching this 'factor'. Observations and 'beliefs'.

Bill

Bjoern
November 7th, 2009, 09:48
I loved quantum and nuclear physics in school and at uni (though it was very basic at the latter), it was usually much more interesting than the "standard" subjects, like Newton's laws and stuff.

You simply gotta love stuff like single/double slit experiments or Schroedinger's Cat:
7SjFJImg2Z8

The same thing in funny:
HCOE__N6v4o

Or what about the tunneling effect?
nnARmmlI35c

It's all hugely awesome stuff but requires a lot of thinking outside the box. For example you have to accept that the location of a certain photon can't be determined exactly. You only have a distribution of probabilities and the photon will most probably be located at the biggest probability.

Prowler1111
November 7th, 2009, 14:47
Oookk..letīs play a bit the devilīs advocate...
wasnīt it a new start for.............dinosaurs??

Prowler

Prowler1111
November 7th, 2009, 14:51
But the difficulties faced by those working on the project have prompted some members of the scientific community to speculate, in all seriousness, that the machine is sabotaging itself — from the future.

Quick! somebody with contacts on any major studio? i got a script on the make..hurry up!!

djscoo
November 7th, 2009, 18:56
Here's another "Dr Quantum" I found...Talking about the existence of alternate/additional dimensions...deep stuff for a cartoon lol!
BWyTxCsIXE4&feature=youtube_gdata

Lionheart
November 7th, 2009, 19:23
Reality.

Did you know that the AirForce confirms the existence of at least 12 dimensions?

Yes... That is correct. My mother attended a conference with a General that talked at a meeting.

EDIT: This was perhaps 7 years ago. I am sure the number is raised by now...

Bill

djscoo
November 7th, 2009, 19:43
I guess that's what it's like to be 'enlightened'. What if you were all of a sudden just plucked up off of the plane of your current reality? When you look back on it will our 3-dimensions look like a flat sheet of paper? Our minds can't begin to fathom the existence of more dimensions, or what they would even look like.

back kinda on topic...that quote about the machine time-traveling an sabotaging itself is both funny, and unsettling...:mixedsmi:

cheezyflier
November 8th, 2009, 05:47
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/umedia/20091106/largeimage.ce181465e82f1f664f73231695c16cfb.gif

Bjoern
November 8th, 2009, 10:05
Oookk..letīs play a bit the devilīs advocate...
wasnīt it a new start for.............dinosaurs??

They were prone to fail anyways.

Not as prone as us, but still...being basically huge lizards doesn't really grant you immortality to a potentially rapidly changing evnvironment.

You have to give them kudos though, after all they lasted a few dozen million of years, while we probably won't even last two million years on this piece of galactic rock.

Good_2_Be
November 8th, 2009, 10:41
Quick! somebody with contacts on any major studio? i got a script on the make..hurry up!!

And yet it makes you think "What If somebody from the future is sabotaging it?"

Now that my brain is broken I'm going to go walk on the ceiling now or maybe through it :isadizzy: