PDA

View Full Version : Just doin' some flyin'

falcon409
November 4th, 2009, 20:05
In between doing all the various airports that folks suggested, I've been doing a bit of flying in Tim's 200. . .man what a terrific little airplane.

spotlope
November 4th, 2009, 20:15
Flying? In FS? Now that's a novel idea. :)

Bjoern
November 5th, 2009, 03:49
Flying? In FS? Now that's a novel idea. :)

Time devs have FSX running: > 9000 hours a month.
Time devs are actually flying: < 1 hour a month.

:d

robcap
November 5th, 2009, 04:22
Time devs have FSX running: > 9000 hours a month.
Time devs are actually flying: < 1 hour a month.:dYep, that sounds familiar. I'm asked to fly the final leg of the recreation of the London-Melbourne race during the FS weekend here in the Netherlands. In my "own" DC2 :kilroy:.
I'm scared as hell to mess up:d

Milton Shupe
November 5th, 2009, 04:52
Yep, that sounds familiar. I'm asked to fly the final leg of the recreation of the London-Melbourne race during the FS weekend here in the Netherlands. In my "own" DC2 :kilroy:.
I'm scared as hell to mess up:d

That's why I try to do my messin' up during the race in the Puss moth. :wiggle:

spotlope
November 5th, 2009, 05:15
You forgot one statistic. Average time of dev's flights: 1.75 minutes.

jdhaenens
November 5th, 2009, 05:33
Average time in slew mode: 8999 hrs give or tale a few minutes.

Bjoern
November 5th, 2009, 07:54

Average time in slew mode: 8999 hrs give or tale a few minutes.

Can relate to both of that.

FS11 needs a "dev mode"...selectable options, quicker startup.

Tweek
November 5th, 2009, 07:59
Can relate to both of that.

FS11 needs a "dev mode"...selectable options, quicker startup.

Would indeed be nice.

On a related note, I'm sure I saw somewhere that there was a key combination for reselecting your current aircraft (i.e. without having to go through the laborious process of loading up the extensive aircraft select menu every time). If I wasn't dreaming, does anybody know what this is?

Bjoern
November 5th, 2009, 08:22
On a related note, I'm sure I saw somewhere that there was a key combination for reselecting your current aircraft (i.e. without having to go through the laborious process of loading up the extensive aircraft select menu every time). If I wasn't dreaming, does anybody know what this is?

Doesn't this command have to be assigned first? *Scratches head*

Tako_Kichi
November 5th, 2009, 08:46
You have to assign your own keys to the function as it is unassigned by default. The command is 'Aircraft (reload)' in FSX (I think it's 'Reload Aircraft' in FS9) and I use the <ctrl+shift+r> 'CTRL+SHIFT+R' key combination as it is not used by anything else, the 'R' acts as a reminder that it's for 'reload' and the three keys mean I can't hit it accidentally while fumbling for something else. ;)

It is an extremely useful feature if you do any repainting and a vital tool if you are trying to place A2A's 3D lights. I keep the sim open (in windowed mode) and the aircraft.cfg file open when placing lights and after I have changed a value I save the cfg file, switch to FSX and hit 'reload' and I can instantly see the changes I made. Rinse and repeat as many times as required.

Back onto the topic of Tim's 200D....I was flying it just last night as part of my New England Tour and it is one of my favourite Piglet aircraft. In fact it is one of my favourite aircraft period! It can get into and out of some tiny places yet can still fly at 200 MPH and has great visibility from the VC.</ctrl+shift+r>

jschall
November 5th, 2009, 13:19
In between doing all the various airports that folks suggested. . .

Ed, your Emma Field is looking better than ever - will you be updating it on the Emma Field Forum soon?

- Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint-Hilaire, Québec

Dexdoggy
November 5th, 2009, 13:26
The 200 is one of the nicest little planes to fly! :applause::applause::applause:

crashaz
November 5th, 2009, 14:00

ROFL!!! You and Jim got that both right!!
Groundpounders... can't fly for nothing but sure make it look good. :ernae:

Tako_Kichi
November 5th, 2009, 14:08
ROFL!!! You and Jim got that both right!!
Groundpounders... can't fly for nothing but sure make it look good. :ernae:
LOL..boy do I know this at the moment!

I have fired up FSX 20+ times this afternoon and spent zero time flying! :isadizzy:

Mind you the airfield I am working on is looking good now. :icon_lol: